Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Best Pick-Up Line EVER

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Ehh...I don't know.

I usually just whip it out.
lmao.

I've gotten way too many chicks by walking up to them and in the most honest tone ever say "I love you." As they are trying to desperatly handle the situation and figure out what's going on, I burst into laughter. Has NEVER failed.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
omg. you guys are serioulsy pathetic.

If a guy walks up to me and says hi, i walk away. i mean, guys that use pick-up lines are pathetic! theyre all cheesy and over-used. the thing is, you DONT use pick-up lines and make her come to YOU. you be mysterious, and catch her eye from across the room and wink at her. be mysterious! Girls are smarter than you think, if a guy hits on us, we know all he wants is sex, so most of the time we just brush it off and walk away.

I remember one time this guy started hitting on me, and i was totally disgusted. I told him i was engaged and he still kept bothering me.

Pick-up lines only work if the chick is piss drunk or desperate.

Mystic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
omg. you guys are serioulsy pathetic.

If a guy walks up to me and says hi, i walk away. i mean, guys that use pick-up lines are pathetic! theyre all cheesy and over-used. the thing is, you DONT use pick-up lines and make her come to YOU. you be mysterious, and catch her eye from across the room and wink at her. be mysterious! Girls are smarter than you think, if a guy hits on us, we know all he wants is sex, so most of the time we just brush it off and walk away.

I remember one time this guy started hitting on me, and i was totally disgusted. I told him i was engaged and he still kept bothering me.

Pick-up lines only work if the chick is piss drunk or desperate.
I said hi to a girl once oh no i must be a big pathetic loser.

and this girl came up to me and said hi to me she must be pathetic also. So anyone who says hi to a member of the opposite sex is pathetic. got it. any other words of widom oh
wise one?

I also say hi to the 80 year old cashier behind the register when I buy soemthing I must be trying to pick her up also (cause im so desperate and cheesy)

Rej

Don Juan
Reaction score
actualy..i think ur all wrong,..from what i've learned from the site, the best pick up line is no line at all..every situations different and u gotta adapt what u say to that situation, a simple "hi" can start a convo but if u have nothing else to say after it ur gonna look like an idiot...besides "hi" is way over used, usually followed by 'ya i'd like a number 2 combo with coke" ...

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystic....you.....idiot

way to go reading way too much into what i said. Saying hi in interest AS A PICK-UP LINE, not just being nice (btw, wouldnt you be AFC if you ever tried to be just nice to a girl? :rolleyes: ) Just because you say hello to someone doesnt make you pathetic. I didnt say that saying hello was pathetic, but pick-up lines are, and the fact that you guys think that would work, makes you pathetic.

I was saying, the whole pick-up line IN GENERAL, including "HI" is pathetic.

You can say hello to your friends, but saying it with the intention of getting in the other person's pants is pathetic.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystic....you.....idiot

way to go reading way too much into what i said. Saying hi in interest AS A PICK-UP LINE, not just being nice (btw, wouldnt you be AFC if you ever tried to be just nice to a girl? :rolleyes: ) Just because you say hello to someone doesnt make you pathetic. I didnt say that saying hello was pathetic, but pick-up lines are, and the fact that you guys think that would work, makes you pathetic.

You can say hello to your friends, but saying it with the intention of getting in the other person's pants is pathetic.
The point of probably 90% of male-female interaction is to 'get into the other person's pants', in some way or another. It's what we humans exist to do.

We're talking about starting a conversation. A pickup-line is generally referred to as some type of clever, interesting, maybe shocking statement to get her attention. Some people tend to put too much emphasis on the line and try to make it gimmicky. This thread is about not doing that.

I think you should re-read what you wrote. You say, in so many words, that any attempt by a man to strike up a conversation with a woman to explore the possibilty of a sexual connection is 'pathetic'. You say to let the girl come to you. Well, SOMEBODY has to strike up this conversation in order for any connection to happen. If the girl does it, is she pathetic? Why do most girls make obvious efforts to get men to notice them? Why is it universally regarded as the 'man's job' to start these conversations?

What is pathetic is a man believing saying a certain line will capture a woman's interest. Not that he would start off a conversation with a woman.

-E-Z

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a stupid, ignorant fool, Luvmyarmyman. What point is there in ridiculing this suggestion?

The day that the average women views the word "Hi" as pathetic I will lose all faith in humanity. The word "Hi" is extremely non-threatening, men shouldn't necessarily need to prove themself with some elaborate opening statement. Don't be so self-absorbed.

How did your "Armyman" come to meet you? Did he just walk into the room wearing fatigues and cradling a weapon, leaving you no option but to sidle up, twiddling your hair with some pathetic pick-up line like, "That's a BIG gun you have there mister"

:rolleyes:

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said starting a conversation, when OMG the title of this thread says "the best pick-up line ever"

If you really want to know, we met through a friend. I didnt like him at first, but he just acted nice to me. He NEVER used a pick-up line. When we finally started dating, it wasn't all about getting into each others pants. It was a normal, healthy, start of a relationship.

I said i think pick-up lines are pathetic. The useage of starting up a conversation for the sole purpose of having sex is pathetic. I said, cheesy one-liners dont work.

Honestly, you really think that "The point of probably 90% of male-female interaction is to 'get into the other person's pants', in some way or another. It's what we humans exist to do."??? Youre only deluding yourself. Yes, we do exist to PRO-CREATE, and not have casual sex. If you believe that to be true, then i can say that i have lost faith in the male race. If, that is, all you want is sex, and only sex. You'd be an empty vessle.

Yes, Hi is non-threatening, but saying its a pick-up line is so stupid. The fact that it is non-threatening and is used in friendly conversation etc, between everyone is why its not a good pick-up line and shouldnt be.

I mean, generally, if a guy walks up to me and starts talking to me, i just think "whatever" and go along with it. I mean, if a guy is friendly, fine. but if he starts going on about hitting on me, then i say **** it and leave. Guys that just randomly walk up to girls they dont know, anywhere, are CREEPY. at a party, sure, but on the street, its weird.

You took my "let her come to you" out of context. I mean, dont even hit on her at all. Yes, some girls like it but some hate it and wont even give you the time of day.

If i were you all, i would try to stop playing mind games, and you might actually get somewhere with a decent girl.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
LuvMyArmyMan, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. Pick-up lines DON'T WORK. The thread starter was probably just taking the piss out of pick-up lines. "Hi" is not a pick up line, its a greeting!

You should read Destroying Social Phobias.

If a guy walks up to me and says hi, i walk away.
Wow, you seem friendly...

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats what i said, they dont work.

i guess i just misinterpreted the thread, thats all. i thought the OP thought taht HI would be a good pick-up line.

and no, i dont have social phobias, i just hate it when guys hit on me when its unwatned.

and you know what, i dont like it when guys come up and talk to me because i know that most likely, they want to get into my pants. so why even bother talking to them? i wont see them again. it depends on the atmosphere. If a guy does it at a party and he's drunk i'll walk away, but in class or someplace friendly, i wont be as *****y.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want to know, we met through a friend. I didnt like him at first, but he just acted nice to me. He NEVER used a pick-up line.
In other words:
Friend: "Hey, meet my friend ArmyMan"
ArmyMan: "Hi"
You: (thinking) *Hmmmm I don't like this guy, he tried to hit on me! Ahh well whatever, we ARE at a party I suppose*
You: (with negative body language): "Hello"
ArmyMan (thinking) *Damn this chick has no social skills. Oh well maybe I should be REALLY NICE and that will impress her*
ArmyMan: "You seem like a really interesting person. Let me buy you a drink, I'd love to have a chat and get to know all about you"

and you know what, i dont like it when guys come up and talk to me because i know that most likely, they want to get into my pants. so why even bother talking to them?
You sound susceptible to paranoid behaviour. Also the fact that you're convinced guys will only talk to you for one reason indicates low self-esteem. Somewhere in the back of your head a little voice is telling you that others don't respect your personality.

It's basic pshycology, this used to be true of me back in high school:
Eg: *He only wants to talk to me so I can help him with his homework or be in his project team*
Later I realised that people wanted to talk to me because I'm fun to be around.

Next time a guy approaches, keep this in mind. Form your impression AFTER his true self becomes apparent.

Sure, there are sleazes out there but you can't generalize so much about men. When I approach girls, my immediate thought is not getting into their pants, but rather if they have any interesting to say.

tonyw

Reaction score
Woman chatted me up with my fave 'Hi, are you having a good night?' and get chatting after that. Pretty natural stuff.

If a woman nudges me or something, I normally say something like 'If you wanted to get my attention, all you had to do was say something!' - for some reason this really works wonders!!

Mystic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystic....you.....idiot

LuvMyArmyMan...You...retard

way to completely miss the point i was making to you, dont worry I forgive you, Im tolerant of slow people. The point I was trying to convey was that you need to chill the **** out and not flip out anytime someone says hi to you, you dont always know their intention. And pick up lines are usually along the lines of "hey baby are those moon pants cause your ass is out of this world" "hi" is something you would say to introduce yourself to a new person.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. LuvMyArmyMan....

I approach women a lot. I do not just go to parties to do it, i do it everywhere- class, gym, parks... while meeting these women, there are some amusing things i've noticed.

Some chicks are just horrible at this. To quote someone from this board "Some girls have an ego the size of a small country". I've encountered this quite a bit. The chick just gives you cold replies and doesnt seem eager to meet you at all. If you are like that, dont worry about finding an excuse to escape the convo, i will be the first one to stop talking and leave. No tolerance for stupid chicks.

A lot of girls, on the other hand, are eager to talk, escpecially if you are decent looking. I agree with Army and dekka that pick up lines do not work. There is no magic line to get the girl. It is work...it takes more time. Too many people have this "Now or never" attitude... and therefore fail a lot more.

Overall, "HI" is great TO START A CONVO. ANYTHING IS. "WHat is your name?" is good, but a little more straightforward.
"I like your eyes" is what i pulled a couple of times. WHy? Becuase i really did her eyes a lot.

Women gotta realize that some guys WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU as well, before getting in your pants. Putting up a b!tch shield to every guy who says "Hi" is just childish

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got one how about we play house and you can be the screen door and I can slam you all night long! joking that was a joke anyways I aways go with "Hows life treating ya" but of course after you introduce yourself,but what do I know I kill bad guys for a living.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of eye contact, and a good sense of humor will get you far. But listen too!

Sometimes I'll walk up to a woman and say,

"Hello, You seem kinda' like a very interesting person.
Are you?"

Or maybe,

"Hi, how was your day?" / "how is your day going?"

I'm very friendly about it, but also a little ****y too.
It works really well because women are infatuated with themselves.
The most interesting subject to a women is, after all, herself.

Once she starts talking about herself nonstop,
do not worry -- this is normal.
Be cool, it is a sign of high interest level in you.

Just don't interupt her,
or start talking about your sad sad existence prior to meeting her glorious @$$.

If you kiss her @$$, you'll be nothing more than
an emotional tampon for her to use and disguard
(I just love that phrase).

If you walk up to a woman and say,
"hey baby, you make me hard..."
or some asinine remark of that nature as someone suggested a while back,
it will only get you c*ck-blocked.

Remember, if you bring up sex, it will make her feel unsafe,
disgusted, or even threatened.
On the flip side, she can talk about it all she likes.
So if she brings it up, no biggie.

If you wanna' use a crude 'pick up line'
wait until about your 50'th wedding anniversary, and then say something like,

"You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals,
so lets do it like they do it on the discovery channel."

Oh great, now I have a mental picture of old people...
doing things... AGAIN!:eek:

:cool:

Last edited:

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luv,

FYI,

I'd just like to point out that it is not the 'male race',
as you keep calling it.
But rather, the 'male gender', or the 'male sex'.

When you say that you have lost all faith in the male race,
it makes you sound kinda' like Hitler.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like i said before, i misunderstood what the OP meant. Stop rubbing it in my face already. sheesh. Sorry if i offended any of you but drop it already. Next time, please read all of my posts before you do more bashing. I already said i made a mistake, and i take back what i said before. Cheers.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet, old fashioned girl. Yeah...

I did read all of your posts, Luv. I only corrected you on your 'male race' statement. But, I've gotta' say thats pretty stupid to post something like that without knowing what the heck everyone was talking about. Then you have the nerve to tell everyone else to 'just drop it'.

It makes for a rather funny mental picture, doesn't it?...

Friendly person: "Hi."

LuvMyArmyMan: "F*** off @$$hole! You only want one thing! I'm on to you, you male chauvinist pig!"

Come to think of it, you do that alot around here....

Last edited:

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasnt directly referring to you, but to everyone else who felt they had the need to berate me after my misinformed comment, which i did say i didnt understnad, and said that i made a mistake. To my understanding, after admitting to having made a mistake, the conversation is dropped.

i just hate being bothered by beliegerantly drunk men at parties, which is why i dont go anymore. i dont tell guys that come up to me and say "hi" to f-off. You obviously misunderstood what i didnt like. Its guys that hit on me, not simply say hi.

Do I have to constantly repeat myself? I thought the OP meant that Hi is a good pick-up line, not a conversation starter. I was displaying my disgust for PICK-UP LINES and guys that dish them out, not guys that come up and casually start a conversation.

But you know, most of them do casually start conversations with a girl to get to know her better, and eventually sleep with her. Well thats not gonna happen here.

Why is it such a big deal to you that i dont want to talk to strange guys at parties that want to get in my pants? I have my friends, and if its not in a hostile enviromnent, like a party, then i have no problem talking to guys.