"The average number of sexual partners for men in a lifetime is 7. For women, it is 4

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThatMysteriousGuy said:
Epic Fail at math as well as logic.

The number of times women have slept with men is equal to the number of times men have slept with women.

Most men and women resist this fact but it's absolutely true.

The stats could be true if it factors in the gays and lezbos.

dalynxx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I call BS too on this statistic. Not the men that I know!

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
seconded. Maybe back in the 50's
Agreed. For the average college girl that hits the clubs regularly, that's what, a good weekend? For guys though, that could be pretty close to being right since the average guy marries the 5th or 6th LTR. That doesn't leave much room in between for regular FBs or ONSs. Remember, 20% of the men are having 80% of the sex, so for most men it's hit or miss at best, hence why they call it "getting lucky".

Perfect

Don Juan
Reaction score
ThatMysteriousGuy said:

The number of times women have slept with men is equal to the number of times men have slept with women.

This is false, and you're not telling the truth.

Anyway all I got to say is men lie women lie numbers dont

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
So that means when a girl tells me she slept with 25 guys it's probably more like 125! And when I slay with about 400, it's probably 40 - that part is probably closer to the truth. hahaha.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly that stat doesn't surprise me. Think about the number of people who have religion determine their lives. Orthodox people who save it till marriage (yes people like this do exist) have one partner in their lifetime. Also consider that monks and nuns have devoted their lives to god and have no sexual partners at all.

I'm not saying that this is the norm but that's a lot of 0's and 1's with just two reasons. You have to imagine there are quite a few people around the globe who still hold sex as taboo for one reason or another and aren't as promiscuous what we see before us.

Perfect10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Then I've had sex with enough women for 6 guys by the age of nineteen. I'm of too a good start I guess :D

I call bull****. Worst load of crap ever written.
You could be ****in this amount of girls in a year easily and in a month with good luck when you've got this DJing down.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen/heard other studies put any man with over 16 or so in the top 1/3 of all men. So I think this is low. BUT much of the country is smaller town-talk about a different take on sexuality. YOu KNOW who the bikes are and if you end up with one,get a bad name as a player/he ***** fast.

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, first of all the numbers can only be validated against the generation whose life is over at this stage. If we're talking about people born from the 60s onwards then their sexual life is not yet over so the data does not yet exist to make such a statement. At best it's a guess as to what the figure will be.

I think people underestimate the number of people who only have sex after marriage or from strict religious backgrounds and only have a few sexual partners or the many many shy people who just never sleep around much in their lives.

Plus, just being aware of this community puts us in the demographic of people at least open to the idea of having many sexual partners and so we are pre-disposed to think that the average should be higher.

But I think an average across everyone of 7 for men and 5 for women is a reaonable guess.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Because you managed to have sex on a regular basis five years before these college guys only means who understand how to attract women and some people don't. Generalizing a segment of the population because you can do something and they can't is very short sighted and conceited. Because you are good at getting sex doesn't mean the next guy should or will be. Some people have girl issues, confidence issues, look issues, family issues, its a whole range of things that you don't know or are unaware about. Be a little open minded and understand everyone is not as skilled as you in getting sex.

There is large segment of the straight non-religious-fanatic population that knows how become a millionaire at 22 or 23 and you don't. Can you wrap your head around that? Show a little compassion bro.
Geez, jumping to conclusions much? I used a rhetorical device to end a post and you instantly assume I must be a terrible, terrible person.

On topic, the obvious way for men to have 7 partners and women to have 4 is this: if there are 7 girls in a room and 4 guys, and every guy has had sex with every girl, then each girl has only had 4 sex partners while each guy has had seven. Simple enough.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThatMysteriousGuy said:

That's not the case.

Here's an example.

There are 20 guys and 20 girls.

Lets say that 18 of those girls have sex that month. While only 7 of the guys do.

In other words 13 guys did not get laid. While only two girls did not. That means that some of the guys had sex with two or more women while the vast majority of the guys didn't get any.

That explains why the number of partners that a man and woman has, does not have to be equal.

The actual numbers seem way off. One way to correct it is to add another category of 'player.'

It's basically

Normal Dude ~7
Woman 10+
Player 20+

Those make more sense.

ThatMysteriousGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
That's not the case.
Yes, it is. You're correct in what you're trying to show because you're looking at the data in a different way and prove a different type of point.

My statement holds because I'm talking about something different.

There are many different ways to average depending on what you are examining.

You're proving (actual numbers don't matter, we know it's true) that the results tend to be skewed towards a small portion of DJs (plus guys with no standards who just bang easy sluts a lot). That is correct, you are correct. And, I'm correct about the overall average with my previous statement.

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'd say it's possible, since as someone already said, this survey could only be done if the people were already dead, as in, life is over.

But then how would they fill out the form? ._.

Basically, it's possible it is correct since we're looking at people who were born in around the 1920's, right?
Since for the most part, they'd all be about dead, almost.

Impossible to do this survey and in todays generation, those numbers would be so far off it's not funny.

But, maybe not, considering I'm willing to bet there are WAY more people out there who DON'T go out and get some pvssy, than people who DO go out and get some on a regular basis, so really, who knows?

In my town though, from what I've seen, nah, way off.
Everyone sleeps with everyone and even the nerds get some eventually.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
One other thing... I fail to see how the male average can be 7 and the female average 4 unless there's alot of gays out there. :whistle:
Put 4 guys and 7 gals in a room for 6 months. Read the post, it's DISTINCT partners.

ThatMysteriousGuy said:

Legendary Fail at reading comprehension.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
That's not the case.

Here's an example.

There are 20 guys and 20 girls.

Lets say that 18 of those girls have sex that month. While only 7 of the guys do.

In other words 13 guys did not get laid. While only two girls did not. That means that some of the guys had sex with two or more women while the vast majority of the guys didn't get any.

That explains why the number of partners that a man and woman has, does not have to be equal.

The actual numbers seem way off. One way to correct it is to add another category of 'player.'

If 18 out of 20 women had sex. And 7 guys out of 20 had sex with them then the 7 guys must have had more sexual partners. Thats true. However the 13 guys who didn't have sex opposed to the 2 women who didn't have sex would balance the average out. I'm too lazy to work out the maths but it should average out.

bigjohnson said:
Put 4 guys and 7 gals in a room for 6 months. Read the post, it's DISTINCT partners

Legendary Fail at reading comprehension.

Its talking about the average man and woman per population and since they are roughly equal you'd have to put an equal number into the room.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
Its talking about the average man and woman per population and since they are roughly equal you'd have to put an equal number into the room.
The study I looked at was reporting median, which is typical, for those who are statistical retards. Average is an imprecise term that can mean statistical mean, mode, or median, but the NCHS report specifically says "Median".

Fine, so you put 5 of each in the room.

• Guy one hits woman 1,2
  • Guy two hits woman 1,2,3
  • Guy three hits woman 1,2,3,4,5
  • Guy four hits woman 1,2
  • Guy five hits woman 2,3

Final results:

Guy 1 = 2
Guy 2 = 3
Guy 3 = 5
Guy 4 = 2
Guy 5 = 2

Median = 2

Gal 1 = 4
Gal 2 = 5
Gal 3 = 3
Gal 4 = 1
Gal 5 = 1

Median = 3

Not equal, and in bigger populations even more inequality is possible.

Before you say this is unlikely, remember this is exactly what the study is saying ACTUALLY HAPPENED, and before you say it's mathematically impossible (next time) remember the people doing the statistics can probably make you look like an idiot. Again.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
The study I looked at

:rolleyes:

bigjohnson said:
was reporting median, which is typical, for those who are statistical retards.

When reading the title of the thread most people presume its the mean. Where did it say the 'median' in the title?

bigjohnson said:
Average is an imprecise term that can mean statistical mean, mode, or median, but the NCHS report specifically says "Median".

Fine, so you put 5 of each in the room.

• Guy one hits woman 1,2
  • Guy two hits woman 1,2,3
  • Guy three hits woman 1,2,3,4,5
  • Guy four hits woman 1,2
  • Guy five hits woman 2,3

Final results:

Guy 1 = 2
Guy 2 = 3
Guy 3 = 5
Guy 4 = 2
Guy 5 = 2

Median = 2

Gal 1 = 4
Gal 2 = 5
Gal 3 = 3
Gal 4 = 1
Gal 5 = 1

Median = 3

Not equal, and in bigger populations even more inequality is possible.

Mean for Guys = 2.8. Mean for girls = 2.8 ;)

bigjohnson said:
Before you say this is unlikely, remember this is exactly what the study is saying ACTUALLY HAPPENED, and before you say it's mathematically impossible (next time) remember the people doing the statistics can probably make you look like an idiot. Again.

So all statictics are done using median!? Thats what you're saying. lol

Merry christmas bigjohnson :up:

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow..yea sounds about right. that's why i don't believe it when i hear people say they banged like 20 girls... the people that do bang a lot of girls are very rare, otherwise society wouldn't function.