Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of the After-Dinner Drink

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like his words were too open ended...in regards to WHAT to drink. Bourbon or whiskey seem to lend themselves to a slow, languid savor in sturdy rocks glasses. I feel like the martini glass requires too much concentration tp keep from having it spill. Especially if you are sitting in an over stuffed chair , or on a couch with a young lady.

But he hit the nail on the head about the company you are in for that drink. And that is the moment when you should be deep diving the woman at the dinner you are going to spend the night with. Most often though it is with friends and colleagues. Here is where generational wisdom gets passed down, and you are granted the trust of someone sharing their experiences and emotions.

When travelling this is the Hotel bar in the lobby or by the fireplace at the Hunting lodge, somewhere you can be comfortable, and relaxed. Not on guard, not trying to make a point or win an argument.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this short video, Wei Koh perfectly describes the After-Dinner Drink - @Modern Man Advice

THE ART OF THE AFTER-DINNER DRINK - YouTube
Great vid and subject. This goes beyond dating obviously.

I am a Whiskey guy, and will always be. But with age Gin and Tonic has become my go-to as of the last couple of years. The beauty is in its simplicity and range of flavors due to the botanicals. Needless to mention, the beauty of not waking up the next day feeling not so good.

PS: Man, he has a nice voice tonality. And dig the way he carries himself. Like he knows his worth.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
With regards to the type of drink, I love a Sazerac. It's the perfect gentleman's drink, in my opinion. Meant to be sipped and enjoyed, not guzzled.

When originally introduced to the world, it was made with Cognac. Modern interpretations are made with Rye Whiskey.

Pro tip - if you ever want to try one, only order at a fine establishment. Your neighborhood bartender will say he knows how to make a good one..... (shakes head) he does not. Also, opt for the original cognac version. Don't get it w/ whiskey....just cognac.

Captureo.PNG

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice vid probably resonates with the more mature crowd. I am wondering if the millennials will also discover fine port and sherry like they did scotch otherwise they will die out. Which would be a sadness after 300 years of learning to get it right

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Nice vid probably resonates with the more mature crowd. I am wondering if the millennials will also discover fine port and sherry like they did scotch otherwise they will die out. Which would be a sadness after 300 years of learning to get it right
That would be a shame. My late grandmother loved scotch, it's all she drank. Sipping on a good brandy after a long week....nothing like it.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't like sweet wines this can be life changing

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't like sweet wines this can be life changing
It sounds great. I'll check this one out.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Great vid and subject. This goes beyond dating obviously.

I am a Whiskey guy, and will always be. But with age Gin and Tonic has become my go-to as of the last couple of years. The beauty is in its simplicity and range of flavors due to the botanicals. Needless to mention, the beauty of not waking up the next day feeling not so good.
I've never in my life had a martini. After this video, I'll give one a try the next time I go out.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on a Manhattan kick the last couple of years. On rocks of course.

An Old Fashioned is my favorite way to drink a good Whiskey or Bourbon after dinner.

Gin & Tonic is my Daytime Drink in the summer

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I've been on a Manhattan kick the last couple of years. On rocks of course.

An Old Fashioned is my favorite way to drink a good Whiskey or Bourbon after dinner.

Gin & Tonic is my Daytime Drink in the summer
I've never had any of those. Always been a creature of habit. I'll try a few of these things the next few times I go out.

I had a sip of my girlfriend's Negroni the other night. Pretty nice drink.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that a lot of you are falsely judging Willie Naylor .

Surely... Willie must have been a lurker that was studying Hank's posting style, and thinking to himself, "when I grow up and become a sosuave member, I want to sound just like Hank Moody."

Kidding aside, why not just admit it, Hank.
Oh sure. Some folks might give you a hard time for a week or two, but then it'll be over. As long as you continue this masquerade, you're never going to outlive the ridicule.