Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Anabolic Diet: More Muscles, More Strength, Less Fat

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some great principles in there, and it's a sound diet to follow if you already have a baseline of strength and size: a 150lb kid does NOT need to be doing something like this to gain weight. However for a more advanced trainer (or someone with endo tendencies) it's a great long term plan. Especially to reduce bodyfat.

Again, I think the carb weekends can lay down bodyfat if too much junk is ingested (and a 48hr carb up is unnecessary for the more carb-sensitive types) .. but in general, it's a great diet. Although I wasn't aware fruit was allowed on it, as I've said before.

Of course.. I can think of a few guys on here who'd wet their pants at the thought of 300g of fat a day.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex,

Thanks for your comments. I'm biased to this diet. Before I knew the Anabolic Diet, I'd came naturally to a high protein/high fat/low carb diet. Then I discovered Dipasquale's method.

Some people will think there are too many benefits, that it can't be true. Test it during 2 months, draw your conclusions.

To answer your post
1) This diet is for those who want to be big, strong with a low bodyfat. Me, not wanting to be big, this diet allows me to keep a high lean body mass at the same weight than on any other diet. My lean body mass could be the same than a guy weighing 20lbs more than me but with more fat. Definitely an advantage (strength & looks)
2) Yes you can eat fruit. The rule is: less than 30g during the week. Weekend carb up all you want.
3) 48h carb up is a guideline. I go for 24h-36h in the weekend. This is tweaking, depending on the invidividual. Carb loading can lay down bodyfat, but even when it does, it's all gone by wednesday. I've went crazy going up to 10 000kcals in one day on this diet, 2" lost on my waist 4days later (water retention/fat)

To me, this is a man diet. Increased testosterone, you feel like an animal. Monday's are my best days at the gym after a solid carb up.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, I was under the impression you said fruit was a 'free' food. My mistake. I always knew that your carbs should be 30-40g (even from a slice of bread or two but obviously fruit would be the better choice). You have often quoted 'lots of' fruit in your posts, and well, lots of fruit to me is way more than 30g. :D

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stronglifts, will you give us more info on this diet or will we have to purchase the book?

Anyway, this looks like a diet I'd like... any research on older trainee's while on this diet. I'd could use a steady supply of growth hormones and testrostrone '-)

LoneSilver

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Oh, I was under the impression you said fruit was a 'free' food. My mistake. I always knew that your carbs should be 30-40g (even from a slice of bread or two but obviously fruit would be the better choice). You have often quoted 'lots of' fruit in your posts, and well, lots of fruit to me is way more than 30g. :D
Depends which kind of fruits ;) Raisins & bananas are obviously bad choices. But berries...

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
Stronglifts, will you give us more info on this diet or will we have to purchase the book?

Anyway, this looks like a diet I'd like... any research on older trainee's while on this diet. I'd could use a steady supply of growth hormones and testrostrone '-)

LoneSilver
Much info on this Diet will follow during the next week. I'm writing the articles, you can expect info on:
1) how it works
2) how to start
3) what to eat
4) how to organize your workouts for max perfmance
5) etc...

Keep an eye on the blog, info will follow.

(if you can't wait, you can always buy the book of course, it has tons of references, recipes,...)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:

LoneSilver
Older trainees would benefit from this diet for the hormone boost, plus the lowered carbs (which older guys handle less efficiently). be a little careful with your carb ups.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me just say however that the guidelines of this diet (1g protein per lb) are sub-optimal for muscle growth.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good look forward to the info.

LoneSilver

stronglifts said:
Much info on this Diet will follow during the next week. I'm writing the articles, you can expect info on:
1) how it works
2) how to start
3) what to eat
4) how to organize your workouts for max perfmance
5) etc...

Keep an eye on the blog, info will follow.

(if you can't wait, you can always buy the book of course, it has tons of references, recipes,...)

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is good to know.

Question? Have you tried this diet Alex if so how did you like it?

Lonesilver

Warboss Alex said:
Older trainees would benefit from this diet for the hormone boost, plus the lowered carbs (which older guys handle less efficiently). be a little careful with your carb ups.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stormbringer said:
That's the part that makes me wonder what the catch is.
The catch:

* from monday to friday: you eat high amounts of meat, fats, veggies & fruit. Total amount of carbs lower than 30g/day

* saturday & sunday: carb loading fest, as much carbs as you can handle (pasta, bread, rice, cereals, oats,...)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stormbringer said:
That's the part that makes me wonder what the catch is.
the catch is that it simply won't work for everyone (if you're ectomorphic and want to gain size, forget it). however for people it's suited for it works extremely well (but you can say that about most diets).

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
This is good to know.

Question? Have you tried this diet Alex if so how did you like it?

Lonesilver
A low carb approach worked best for me to gain size and lose fat at the same time, but I did pwo carbs and had carb days (not back to back) - more like timed carbs. so no, never the anabolic diet persay although I've been through the principles of it with my own nutritional approach.

again, for people who are suited to it it will work well. the macro levels will need adjusting however, and for some people it simply won't be as good as a timed carb/carb cutoff diet. depends on the individual and their goals.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex,

About the macro levels.

To keep my bodyweight stable, I'd take 3000cals a day. With a conservative 40P/60F approach, I'd get approx 300g protein a day (1200cals). This is close to 4g protein/kg. A lot higher than on any other diet I know of.

Typically, one would be closer to 45P/55F or 50/50. When you consider the high amounts of red meat (chicken/turkey/thuna is not advised), you understand the system behind it.

Btw, after some time on the diet (at least 3 months), a midweek carb up is allowed (one/two meals on wednesday). Useful for athletes who relies on a lot of high intensity/high volume training.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always advocated 2g per lb or 4.4g per kg for optimum results (and always red meat with a minimum of poultry, fish). I'm not familiar with the macro recommendations, it's usually be 25/75% in my experience but then again, I'm no expert.

The macros you have set up look good. I'd personally make it 50/50 with higher calories but hey, that's me.

It's a great option for some as I've said. :) Including myself.

stronglifts said:
Warboss Alex,

About the macro levels.

To keep my bodyweight stable, I'd take 3000cals a day. With a conservative 40P/60F approach, I'd get approx 300g protein a day (1200cals). This is close to 4g protein/kg. A lot higher than on any other diet I know of.

Typically, one would be closer to 45P/55F or 50/50. When you consider the high amounts of red meat (chicken/turkey/thuna is not advised), you understand the system behind it.

Btw, after some time on the diet (at least 3 months), a midweek carb up is allowed (one/two meals on wednesday). Useful for athletes who relies on a lot of high intensity/high volume training.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, this made me realize something. I think I take in too many carbs. If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned not taking in more than 30g of carbs per day yes? (Except weekends)

I feel sluggish a lotta times too, even though I usually get at least 7 hrs of sleep. Too much carbs can cause this?

One more question if I may. How can I get my protein fix in each of my meals? I do drink whey shakes twice a day (about 24g there per shake). I am definately not getting enough protein, I know that much. I weigh around 155 lbs too.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I have always advocated 2g per lb or 4.4g per kg for optimum results (and always red meat with a minimum of poultry, fish). I'm not familiar with the macro recommendations, it's usually be 25/75% in my experience but then again, I'm no expert.

The macros you have set up look good. I'd personally make it 50/50 with higher calories but hey, that's me.

It's a great option for some as I've said. :) Including myself.
Alex,

You know what. Try it. You want to be big, I want to stay lean. It works for both.

Check out the t-nation thread, it has 220pages to read. http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.t-nation.com%2FreadTopic.do%3Fid%3D658379&ei=IcFlRu6jKoyk0gS344mfCg&usg=AFQjCNF0KrtKJY2lFi1BrqB1ZTycYXQGDg&sig2=y1fvxpF1XLeM0wH1llOzhg

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
Alex,

You know what. Try it. You want to be big, I want to stay lean. It works for both.
I know it does my friend.. we both like high protein, moderate-high fat; for someone wishing to get big they'd simply make the appropriate modifications. Although for someone of my somatotype (meso-endo) the carbup days are all that are necessary.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I do know it works for both! It is also good for fat loss with the removal of one carb day.

Actually it's a great excuse to gorge.. a high-fat gaining diet needs more calories than a high-carb one, so it'd be a great excuse for me to hit 5k day in day out.. and all these calories from steak, bacon, eggs, cheese, cream, chicken with skin.. :D

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix said:
You know, this made me realize something. I think I take in too many carbs. If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned not taking in more than 30g of carbs per day yes? (Except weekends)

I feel sluggish a lotta times too, even though I usually get at least 7 hrs of sleep. Too much carbs can cause this?

One more question if I may. How can I get my protein fix in each of my meals? I do drink whey shakes twice a day (about 24g there per shake). I am definately not getting enough protein, I know that much. I weigh around 155 lbs too.
Hi,

1) this is a diet which involves carbs cycling: 30g weekdays/ close to 1000g carbs weekend.

2) carbs causes more sleep yes.

3) Look at the big picture for proteins. Go for at least 160g-200g protein a day at least. At least 6 meals a day (every 3 hours). Some ideas:

-5eggs on waking up (35g protein)
-2 shakes a day (2x24g = 48g of protein)
-diner: 200g of meat ( about 40-50 of protein)
-some cottage cheese somewhere during the day
-some can of thuna elsewhere

and there you go.