Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thanksgiving and its Eve

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we all know Thanksgiving is a pretty big drinking holiday, but I didn't know its eve was too.

I discovered this a few years ago but most of the time I had a girlfriend during the holiday and when I didn't COVID came around and nobody was doing anything.

What's the general vibe of these two nights from the perspective of being single?

Are they generally good, worth going out for and seeing a bunch of random hot girls that came home to visit and then immediately get away from their family?

Or are they mostly relaxed events where you're seeing some old friends and getting drunk with your relatives and staying in rather than going out?

Trying to gauge my expectations for the coming days.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we all know Thanksgiving is a pretty big drinking holiday, but I didn't know its eve was too.

I discovered this a few years ago but most of the time I had a girlfriend during the holiday
Most people will eventually hear about Thanksgiving Eve as a night out at the bars. It was mentioned in this thread below, but I had heard about it prior to the creation of this thread.

What's the general vibe of these two nights from the perspective of being single?

Are they generally good, worth going out for and seeing a bunch of random hot girls that came home to visit and then immediately get away from their family?

Or are they mostly relaxed events where you're seeing some old friends and getting drunk with your relatives and staying in rather than going out?

Trying to gauge my expectations for the coming days.
I have not been out at the bars on Thanksgiving Eve or even the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

My sense is that there is more social circle crap on Thanksgiving Eve than women serious about meeting new men for any purpose, including one night stands.

A lot of the November 15-January 1 period is a giant dead zone for forming new stuff. Women have a lot of family stuff that tend to cocckblock interactions. Single women tend to get more bogged down in extraneous holiday and family stuff than single men.

The best options for meeting women during the holiday season is through some sort of social circle stuff. Private residence parties were decent for this in the pre-pandemic era. These might start to come back a little bit this holiday season.

Another key component for success for something extended during the holiday season is to meet a woman with local family. If a woman lives within 50 miles of most of her key family members, family stuff isn't going to get in the way of early stage dating. You're going to be able to have a few dates with her during December if that's the case. The single women with non-local family tend to have more chaotic holiday seasons, especially if they prioritze travel to their family members.

A lot of women with local family are in relationships/attached. They tend to have stronger social circles, mainly due to longevity living in that area. The single women with strong local ties have typically exhausted their social circle options before being open to entertaining stranger approach options or being active on a swipe app.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people will eventually hear about Thanksgiving Eve as a night out at the bars. It was mentioned in this thread below, but I had heard about it prior to the creation of this thread.

I have not been out at the bars on Thanksgiving Eve or even the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

My sense is that there is more social circle crap on Thanksgiving Eve than women serious about meeting new men for any purpose, including one night stands.

A lot of the November 15-January 1 period is a giant dead zone for forming new stuff. Women have a lot of family stuff that tend to cocckblock interactions. Single women tend to get more bogged down in extraneous holiday and family stuff than single men.

The best options for meeting women during the holiday season is through some sort of social circle stuff. Private residence parties were decent for this in the pre-pandemic era. These might start to come back a little bit this holiday season.

Another key component for success for something extended during the holiday season is to meet a woman with local family. If a woman lives within 50 miles of most of her key family members, family stuff isn't going to get in the way of early stage dating. You're going to be able to have a few dates with her during December if that's the case. The single women with non-local family tend to have more chaotic holiday seasons, especially if they prioritze travel to their family members.

A lot of women with local family are in relationships/attached. They tend to have stronger social circles, mainly due to longevity living in that area. The single women with strong local ties have typically exhausted their social circle options before being open to entertaining stranger approach options or being active on a swipe app.
I read that Thanksgiving and its eve are surprisingly good holidays for going out and getting laid according to that first post. I might have to take it a little more seriously.

The second one, about best months for dating, what's the source on that? I know nothing about this Alpha20 guy.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have actually been told that Thanksgiving Eve is the #2 day for drunk driving -- second to Christmas Eve (New Year's Eve surprisingly clocks in at #3). It is also called "Black Out Wednesday." Main reason supposedly is college kids coming home for the holidays and getting blasted with their old high school friends the day before the family gets together.

Now, I don't know about going out scouring the bars for chicks, but I could see women out with their families and old friends (cousins, etc.) on these types of holidays and open to meeting people. Definitely some possibility there I would think.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In many places it's the biggest party night of the year, even bigger than New Years Eve.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had my first Thanksgiving in the U.S. last year, ate all the food and drink, smoked some weed, ate some more, visited family around Miami, and went home with food for a few days.

It's basically Christmas without presents, a kinda weak holiday, don't recommend it. It's a family thing not a going out thing (imo).

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Early 2000’s... until 2010 or so it was mobbed at bars.... I always hated it.... I would stay home that night have a few beers.. and feel good the next day. If I had nothing going on thanksgiving.. no family around I would have definitely partook

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always gone out on those days. Lots of college kids that come home and meet up with friends. Also lots of people in the single scene are out. It's usually a "friends nite out" vibe so you will see large groups but still worth it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's usually a "friends nite out" vibe so you will see large groups but still worth it.
That's why I don't like it too much.

I read that Thanksgiving and its eve are surprisingly good holidays for going out and getting laid according to that first post. I might have to take it a little more seriously.
They might be. I've done some non-bar approaching around then but never done the bars on the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving.

The second one, about best months for dating, what's the source on that? I know nothing about this Alpha20 guy.
Caleb Jones (aka Blackdragon) is a long time Manosphere voice, though he's somewhat controversial in his approach. He has some good ideas, such as the 12 Months and how they relate to dating and pickup article. However, he is an advocate for the open relationship structure, which doesn't sit well with a lot of men. He teaches a system where you as a man can have non-monogamous relationships but your woman is less likely to have extra-relational sexual partners. That idea sounds great in theory but is very difficult to put into place in reality for most men.

PUA Krauser did a hit piece on Caleb Jones/Blackdragon in 2019 that discredited a lot of his stuff.

The best approach with Caleb Jones' content is cafeteria style. Take what you like, ignore the rest.

That 12 Months article is a good one and reflects my experiences over the course of the calendar.

The article below is a good one.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wanted to report my findings on this:

Thanksgiving Eve was an absolute sh**show everywhere you went except the college bars - those were dead. Places were absolutely packed from like 7 or 8PM onwards and stayed that way. I went to a spot with quite a few people and met a couple of girls, but they were generally older women and in groups with friends, as mentioned earlier.

Thanksgiving Day isn't even worth talking about. Most bars were closed and the ones that were open were pretty quiet. My prediction for the rest of the weekend is that the college bars will be quiet since everybody's still on break, but the local ones will be packed again.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanksgiving Eve was an absolute sh**show everywhere you went except the college bars - those were dead. Places were absolutely packed from like 7 or 8PM onwards and stayed that way. I went to a spot with quite a few people and met a couple of girls, but they were generally older women and in groups with friends, as mentioned earlier.
I'm not surprised that Thanksgiving Eve was a shiit show. Large social groups have a way of fuccking things up. Women in large groups with old friends are not serious about meeting men.

Thanksgiving Day isn't even worth talking about. Most bars were closed and the ones that were open were pretty quiet. My prediction for the rest of the weekend is that the college bars will be quiet since everybody's still on break, but the local ones will be packed again.
There are some daygame options Thanksgiving weekend. I scored an instant date from an approach once on the day after Thanksgiving on a walking path. There was a 2nd date a few days. Second date sucked though.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A pagan holiday, repent now.