Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Texting is Fun!

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of threads about people asking about texting; what's the best way to text, etc. I think the best way to do anything is by having fun! So I just wanted to show an example of how I have fun texting with girls.

This was today with a girl (HB8) I met last week on the bus, but I got her number today (kinda late, yes I know, but it's all good).

Me:10:06 AM Hey its Josan :)
HB8:12:50 PM Hey sorry for the late reply
Me:1:26 PM Do you have handcuffs?
HB81:27 PM Umm no??
Me: 1:38 PM Lol my friend cuffed me and he didn't have the key
HB8:2:13 PM :eek: thts so mean lol
Me:2:37 PM I know he wanted me to be his slave just cus I'm brown
HB8: 2:38 PM Damn -__-
Me:2:40 PM I almost went into slavery and all you can say is damn? Lol
HB8: 2:42 PM Lmao! What do you want me to say??
Me:3:22 PM You can be a little more supportive! You could've said Ill save you from slavery baby!
HB8:3:26 PM Lol! Didnt know!
Me: 3:38 PM Well now you know :) its kinda weird that I've been seeing you lately. Are you stalking me?
HB8:3:42 PM No your stalking me!
Me:3:52 PM Haha how so?
HB8: 4:08 PM Its cause you a guy.
Me:4:16 PM That's so sexist lol you were the one staring at me on the bus and acting cute, trying to get my attention.
HB8: 4:17 PM Ahahahaha! Nooooooo, maybe?
Me:4:21 PM See you do know what you're doing! It's gonna take more than your cute haircut tho ;)
HB8:4:21 PM Hahahaha! Damn! Thought I had it.
Me: 4:25 PM I like it tho. You're on the right track. Just don't get implants
HB8: 4:26 PM Haha kk...eww never!
Me:4:40 PM When you getting a car?
HB8:4:44 PM I have no idea.
Me:4:45 PM Hurry up and get it so you can pick me up
HB8:4:46 PM Ahaha! I should be telling you that!
Me:5:03 PM Why? Are you being sexist again?
HB8:5:14 PM Hahaha noooooo

I left it at that and then took a nap. :rock:

Basic analysis:
Kept it fun and flirty. I made it seem like she was the one interested me. But I also threw in some hints of my interest as well. Even though her replies were short, I kept the conversation going. Notice how I didn't ask any boring questions tho like 'how are you?' 'how was your day?' etc.

EDIT Jan.24:

Texted her today to try to meet up. Here's what happened.

ME:3:01 PM Hey I'm gonna go to a car meet tonight. Want me to pick you up at 7 or 7:30?
HB:3:04 PM I cnt I have to finish my project tonight
Me:3:06 PM You're gonna miss out on all the fun, nerd!
HB:3:11 PM Its a major assignment if I dnt turn it in I dnt pass.
Me:3:13 PM Haha its cool. You better get an A! :)
HB:3:16 PM I know!
Me:3:17 PM And you owe me a date
HB:3:18 PM Umm what?
Me: 3:18 PM Since u can't come tonight, you owe me a date
HB: 3:21 PM Lol umm okay?
Me:3:22 PM You said it. Ima hold you to it! ;D
HB:3:23 PM Ahh! Fine.
Me: 4:56 PM Let's do something Friday. Ill call you later so we can plan something
HB:4:57 PM Fridays are a never sorry.
Me:5:00 PM Oh **** lol okay we'll talk about it later
HB:5:01 PM Alright.

After she said fine, I went out to wash my car. I was gonna leave it that, but after I finished I decided it would probably good to set up a date now since she agreed to it. Guess not lol But it's not ever yet.

Last edited:

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm surprised at how many guys are against texting, unless its only to confirm dates and whatnot. Maybe it's a generational thing. I'm 24. I go for chicks my age. Girls in their 20s are text monsters. As long as you keep it short and sweet, flirty, and know when to stop it. You're good. I can't see how it can hurt you. Especially since you have all the time you want to craft a well written text.

The only time i get calls is when a friend wants to tell me something too long to text, or if i make plans to meet some friends at a bar, but i cant find them, i'll call them and ask them where they're at.

Just, like I said. Don't overdo it. Especially if you're trying to convey you're a busy man with an interesting life. You can't sit there for hours at a time going back and forth. I dont text every day, but when I do text, I typically pick one part of my day to text them, and that's it. I'm not gonna like text them in the morning and then again at late afternoon or night time or whatever. I decide, ok, this is the time i'm going to talk to her, i'm gonna say what i wanna say, and then get out on a high note. Be interesting, leave on a high note, and do it in healthy doses. Obviously your objective is to see her in person, so you don't want to make her too comfortable and have her think of you as her little text buddy, but still, if you know how to text, it's good.

Also, this should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Dont be so quick to text back. Especially if she takes a long time. The only time I let her slide on a real late reply is if her next text begins with "my bad" or "i'm sorry", followed by an explanation. if it doesnt, she's done for the day or possibly next few days. just knowing girls and how they are with phones these days, for her to go several hours without looking at her phone at least once is hard for me to fathom. especially if you were in the middle of a conversation. that's just my personal belief/system. anything over a certain amount of hours, i dont respond until the next day, or few days after as if nothing happened. you have to make it seem like you're the catch. you're the one doing HER a favor by texting. she isnt doing you any favors by texting you. so if she takes too long, she has to know you will not tolerate it and you'll move on. and obviously if this problem keeps coming up she's clearly not interested and no contact is in effect. always have to keep a level of self respect in anything you do, yes, even things as seemingly small as texting.

Last edited:

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, text is good especially for sending to multiple chicks at once.

But gotta be careful to not overdo it, try to meet up in person, and make sure she is interested in you for your d!ck, not just for the attention buzz from receiving messages on her phone.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm fine with texting. I'll text to set up dates. Or I'll text to say something funny and quick.

But I never text someone 15 times over the course of an afternoon just to flirt with her. Maybe it IS a generational thing, but I'm 30 and I just don't have time to be sitting around looking at my phone all day.

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think age does have to do with texting. I'm 20 and this girl is 18. I don't text as much as most people, but most of my interactions with friends are usually setup through texting. Even if you're not setting up a date, sometimes you just wanna say hello and have some lulz through texting.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one mentioned this. IMO the girl was either boring or not that interested. she answered shortly but you keep asking her questions, making you look needy. an interested girl would ask questions, crack jokes, be flirty, etc. not a good example of texting, if you ask me. should've ended when she said "Damn -__-" but you keep pushing it. and I'm not sure about starting a texting session with "hi it's (your name)." if I were the girl I would think "umm ok, so?"

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this. IMO the girl was either boring or not that interested. she answered shortly but you keep asking her questions, making you look needy. an interested girl would ask questions, crack jokes, be flirty, etc. not a good example of texting, if you ask me. should've ended when she said " Damn -__-" but you keep pushing it.
If she wasn't interested at the beginning of the session, she was surely more interested at the end of it. He was clever, kept it moving, and was interesting to text. If he had stopped at "Damn -__-" then he would have missed out on a lot of those joking opportunities.

I think he did well. I'll be using that slavery opener, since I'm so white.

MrI0wn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this. IMO the girl was either boring or not that interested. she answered shortly but you keep asking her questions, making you look needy. an interested girl would ask questions, crack jokes, be flirty, etc. not a good example of texting, if you ask me. should've ended when she said "Damn -__-" but you keep pushing it. and I'm not sure about starting a texting session with "hi it's (your name)." if I were the girl I would think "umm ok, so?"
This is why I keep texting to a minimum. Too much fluff and too boring, usually when those convos go on for so long it's because one or the other is vastly inferior at holding a real life conversation. I usually limit it to no more than half-a-dozen texts and switch over to the phone or tell her to call me (when she is on break).

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
The reason why I started the text like that was because as soon as I got her number I texted her that.

To you, it may seem like I'm 'needy', but you forget that as the Man, it's your job to direct the conversation. If I ended every interaction with a woman that didn't show interest right away I'd be nowhere.

LearningSlowly said:
If she wasn't interested at the beginning of the session, she was surely more interested at the end of it. He was clever, kept it moving, and was interesting to text. If he had stopped at "Damn -__-" then he would have missed out on a lot of those joking opportunities.

I think he did well. I'll be using that slavery opener, since I'm so white.
Thanks bro! :wave:

idk575

Don Juan
Reaction score
From the texts it looks like you're the one doing all the talking and she's just kind of giving responses.. If you want my opinion, keep ur texts to a low. She kind of rejected you there..

If I get a 1 word response from a girl, that's the last message I send, I let her send another one, if she's interested she'll get the point and send another one, if she doesn't, well she's prolly not too interested.

I personally don't like texting, its pretty boring to me

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IamJosan said:
The reason why I started the text like that was because as soon as I got her number I texted her that.

To you, it may seem like I'm 'needy', but you forget that as the Man, it's your job to direct the conversation. If I ended every interaction with a woman that didn't show interest right away I'd be nowhere.
well, it's good to direct the conversation, but the convo still have to be two ways. your example shows a rather one sided conversation. well, tell me when you finally ask her out. does it go well or not. or if she even accepts.

edit: your second example strengthen my opinion that she's not too interested. and I'm not sure about your excessive use of C+F to a girl whom you just got a number from. you should've put emphasis on building rapport instead, make her comfortable with you. throw some C+F at the right moment. but this preferably be done on a date anyway, not text.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
idk575 said:
From the texts it looks like you're the one doing all the talking and she's just kind of giving responses.. If you want my opinion, keep ur texts to a low. She kind of rejected you there..

If I get a 1 word response from a girl, that's the last message I send, I let her send another one, if she's interested she'll get the point and send another one, if she doesn't, well she's prolly not too interested.
I agree and I'm the same. If a girl is too much hard work, I lose interest.

I think his texts were funny and an excellent example of confident flirting that many guys could learn from, but in my opinion it was too much too soon and she wasn't really buying it.

I believe his problem is that he didn't show her a genuine side of himself at any point. Although it may seem boring, I've found the best openers are the most basic and humble ones that show her you're a genuine guy and you're interested in learning more about her. It's a good way of separating yourself from the guys who try too hard and helps lower her defences and build comfort.

Once you build that rapport, that's when you can start firing the witty banter.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ you're kinda recycling my words there :p but it's all good :yes:

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The 'witty banter' thing is part of my personality. I don't just go from being 'normal' in a conversation, with anyone guy or girl, and then start being witty. I just do it all the time. The thing with this girl is, I didn't just open and then number close. I had a good half n hour conversation with her on the bus where I met her.

But now since she rejected my first attempt to go out with her, I'm just gonna leave it alone for a while. We'll see what happens.

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE

Kinda late update, but here it is:

I called her the Sunday of that same week and she immediately answered. Talked about random stuff and she wouldn't stop talking. I found out that she has stomach ulcers and was at the hospital that Friday. I cut the conversation short and she sounded kinda bummed that I did lol

I text her and call her here and there and she is very receptive. She always responds super fast to my texts and always answers my phone calls.

So the moral is: don't take texting too seriously and always lead (pursue). You never know what's going on in the girl's life so you shouldn't over-analyze everything. Many of you would've probably given up, gone NC, or done some other thing to her rejection of my plans. But I moved forward and everything was all right. Always remember: HAVE FUN! With that said, here's a recent convo:

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Your timing is horrible! -__-

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM
What timing?

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM
When you txted me last night I was asleep!

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I knew you were old, but I didn't know you were THAT old

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Lol! Im not old! I was just really tired.

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Tired from what? I found you a job!

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Im just tired! Really?

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Yeah send me ur email ill send u the link

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Kk it *censored*

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Check ur mail now!

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM
When I get home.

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM
You go out? That's amazing!

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Yes I do go out :b

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Your mom's friend's house doesn't count

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Hahaha why not?

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Its like saying going to school is going out. Don't you go to other places?

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Hahaha im kidding I didnt go to her house I went to the grove

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
When did they make a grove in huntington park?

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM
They didnt I went all the way to fairfax and 3rd

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Lol of course you did. They wouldn't make one over there you guys would ruin it!

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Your such a jerk!

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM
You forgot to say sexy jerk ;)

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Ahahahaha very funny!

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I love your sarcasm its so attractive

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Hahaha everyone does ;)

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Omg you're so sexy I can't resist -_____-

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Ha ha! :b

ME Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I'm gonna let you go. Call me when u get home

HB Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Alright.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but those texts don't show much interest from her side. She sounds like she's being friendly, but aloof.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IamJosan said:
UPDATE

Kinda late update, but here it is:

I called her the Sunday of that same week and she immediately answered. Talked about random stuff and she wouldn't stop talking. I found out that she has stomach ulcers and was at the hospital that Friday. I cut the conversation short and she sounded kinda bummed that I did lol

I text her and call her here and there and she is very receptive. She always responds super fast to my texts and always answers my phone calls.

So the moral is: don't take texting too seriously and always lead (pursue). You never know what's going on in the girl's life so you shouldn't over-analyze everything. Many of you would've probably given up, gone NC, or done some other thing to her rejection of my plans. But I moved forward and everything was all right. Always remember: HAVE FUN!
errr okay, but you haven't achieved anything significant either. come back when you've gone out with her.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Texting is fun, but putting your d!ck inside a wet vagina is sensational.

Don't lose sight of your end goal and get dragged into her games of over texting.
I've fallen victim to this too many times ^. Take it from someone who's failed at this a lot, but learned. Try to have almost every text convo, or damn close to it end in an attempt at a date. whether she rejects it doesn't matter. Just get the point across you're not playing her stupid games