Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Text/Message me on the day to remind me"

Firefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been getting this response quite a bit recently from young women with whom I have been making appointments, both in dating situations and non-dating situations. Just wanted to get opinions from the Mature group on:

1. What does this mean? I assume it means low interest and a desire to keep one's options open, but it seems odd that I get such a response even from women in non-dating situations (i.e I recently offered to show a group of newly arrived overseas students from my uni around the city, and I got this response from the female student who I am in contact with).

2. What is the best response to this? My response to the most recent examples of this was to text back "Here is your reminder. Don't forget to check it on (the day) ;)" Are there better alternative responses?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say "How about you plan on it."

With a smile and a wink.

Really there isn't a suave way to get around someone else's rudeness.

Sometimes, it could also be there way of making sure you really want to do it, maybe they have been flaked on themselves.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a person who likes to make confirmations, just a bit OCD that way.

But it does sound like some game playing on her part to put it like that.
It's like she's saying she won't be giving you a second thought until the time comes. It's either low interest or she's playing low interest. Either way, I'd
find it annoying.

I can't think of a clever DJ response. Like iqqi says, there isn't a suave way to get around someone else's rudeness. If I wasn't that into her I'd be tempted to tell her to forget it, I'll ask somebody else who will remember to make the time.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi is getting old and bitter.

time flies

:p

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
I'd just reply with: "What if I forget?"...and leave it at that.

If she responds with: "Then I'll remind you." Leave the ball in her court and you will see if she is really interested.

If she responds with: "Then it's your loss." You have your answer that she feels she is above you...And leave it at that.

Forget the mind games. She won't be able to play them with someone who doesn't care and (as you should) have more things to do than worry about her nonsense.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear FireFly,
That's not a calculated put down in my book,she's just another ditzy femme...Seems in the States it is quite an insult!

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole,"Remind me before the date" is a serious sign of low IL. What you need to do in these situations is play ****y funny and just tell her in a reply that you set a date, you'll be there:)
Clean, simple test of her IL. You raise it by being resolute, you lower it by being a "ok, let me confirm before the date" beta. Now if it's date plans a long way out I'm totally thinking a couple texts back and forth are cool. Keeps her IL up if you stay very lightly connected. Use the 1/3 rule.
KC

Myrrdin

Don Juan
Reaction score
"What am I.... your secretary?"

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firefly said:
1. What does this mean? I assume it means low interest and a desire to keep one's options open
Yep you got it.

That's why you can't just settle for 1 woman's number in a week and hope you might just happen to catch her when she isn't riding someone else's c0ck, you got to at least have 2 or 3 women in rotation in any given week.

Instead of texting, call her up. Personally if I am making an appointment for a date, I'm not waiting for her to respond to me with texting at her convenient. I want to hear her voice and see whether I hear signs of excitement or hesitation's then I would truly know where I stand with her.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a casual commitment with a friend, ok.

If it's for work or business, no.

If it's for a date, double-no. Text another girl instead.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
To "remind her"?

Yeah, I'm usually more tolerant of that, but her suggesting "I'll probably forget about it" is just ditzy/flaky.

Polite way..."Never mind, we'll do another night...I'll let you know." And then never talk to her again.

Confrontational way..."Remind you? Are you planning on forgetting? Why don't we just forget it altogether? ;) *click*"

Or, if you really would like to get up in 'em guts, call her up last-minute from somewhere fun and invite her out. Be the guy she cancels FOR, not the one she cancels ON.

She's not the one, honey. :whistle:

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firefly said:
I have been getting this response quite a bit recently from young women with whom I have been making appointments, both in dating situations and non-dating situations. Just wanted to get opinions from the Mature group on:

1. What does this mean? I assume it means low interest and a desire to keep one's options open, but it seems odd that I get such a response even from women in non-dating situations (i.e I recently offered to show a group of newly arrived overseas students from my uni around the city, and I got this response from the female student who I am in contact with).

2. What is the best response to this? My response to the most recent examples of this was to text back "Here is your reminder. Don't forget to check it on (the day) ;)" Are there better alternative responses?
So what? People are busy. Not everyone has time to sit around wondering about one date coming up.

Probably even more so, for any decent looking girl who has every swinging d!ick coming on to her.

Stop worrying about stupid stuff like this. What matters is whether they actually show up and how things go.

Typical example of how overanalysing situations can actually make you less successful.

leeraconteur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get her to make solid plans, then and there, time and place.

'I like to make definite plans. Ollies at 2pm on Sunday.'

If she flakes, she is already planning on nexting you and you are a deep fallback, if anything.

Move on.