Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tarver/Jones

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roy is old, hence, loss of conditioning! He didnt have the heart, and standing for more than 6 rounds for a great? Pathetic! No credit, Tarver is not impossible to beat, and if Roy kept up the pace he carried through the first 5, he could have taken it. He just wanted to go the distance because he was an old man that night, much as Tarver was! Tarver was also gassed without doing that much either. Both looked old that night.

Winky is boring as hell, exactly the reason everyone calls watching him a "snoozefest". This is why he gets paid peanuts!

DLHs big fights? I dont see how Mosley at welter is bigger than Whitaker OR Quartey? How about Vargas at 154? Tito, the majority of fans still recognise him winning, as they do for the second Mosley fight. Quartey fight was close though, Mosley 1, DLH lost easily. BHOP V DLH, that is rediculous! Like critisising Duran for not beating Hagler. Latter half of his career, he was way too high in weight. He did however, still have fitness, his punch output actually rose! Sort of counters, the "lack of motivation" theory!

Morales last fight has nothing to do with him fighting Pac, styles make fights! Pac cant box, Morales can. Exactly why Morales beat him comfortably the first fight and why after the first, Pac was taken to school by JMM.

Originally posted by TheRenegadesOfFunk
-I didn’t expect RJJ to last 6 rounds, let alone go the distance.
Like I said- I’ll give RJJ credit for LASTING 12 rounds and to REMAIN CONSIOUS for at least 6 rounds (unlike his last 2 outings). All that "training like the Jones of the early 90s" certainly did not show.

-Winky Wright is underrated due to the fact that guys like Ricardo Mayorga (a weaker, one-dimensional power puncher) gets more publicity. You'd think WW would have a higher profile by now. Currently he is a top 5 P4P boxer (not All-time).

-Lack of desire, lost of motivation, and no killer instinct- Maybe.
Busy taking care of business- Weak Excuse.
DLH is a successful businessman, but I can’t say the same about his later years of his boxing career. DLH will be remembered as never winning the ‘big fights’ (Trinidad, Mosley 2x, Hopkins).

-In his last fight, Erik Morales was beaten by Zahir Raheem. Ugly performance by Morales as Raheem dominated most of the fight. Meanwhile, Manny Pacquiao easily defeats Hector Velazquez.
After so many wars (ex. Barrera fight), Morales is simply too exhausted. Pacquiao is the more powerful puncher and also the quicker fighter. I wouldn’t be surprised is Pac wins by stoppage.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Clooney Ive never seen the Echols Hopkins fight so you may be right. I can however see Jermain Taylor's point. I've never really seen Bernard slug it out with a powerhouse. You mention the Tito example, but the way I saw that fight was that Bernard Hopkins broke him down by simply out boxing him. He would land a few shots at a time, simply breaking Tito down until the end.

Bernard is a great boxer though, that I can definitely say.

My opinion on Roy's performance wasn't high either. He is just washed up.
Yeah, too old. As far as BHOP being a warrior, he is not in the same sense as a Castillo, because he is far more technically sound, this is why he hasnt had to go to war like them.

Tito could not phase BHOP, but yeah, he was beaten to the punch all night.

BHOP, IMHO, has one of the greatest chins of this era (perhaps all time, he has never been stunned badly from what I have seen, and that is practicaly all his fights), and is definatley not scared to take a punch. Coming from Jermaine, who has his chin as a weakness, it is a big thing for him to say! He is totally untested, and was even in a little trouble from BHOP, who is NOT a huge puncher. EIther way, I think Taylor will win the remath also.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GSXR RiDeR
CLOONEY i picked Corrales the first time and im picking him again. I think it will be a war again and wouldnt be surprised if Castillo won got the better of him this time but im still gonna go with Corrales.
Yeah, its definately a split em fight! My final prediction, Castillo by UD, with Coralles going down a couple of times in the process.

I really do hope Coralles wins though, and will be cheering for him! It will be much better for boxing! A huge puncher like that, we may even see a PBF V Coralles 2, although Coralles will probably just be taken apart once again! Floyd has too accurate right hand for Coralles, and he HATES being hit with straight punches right on the button!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Castillo came in 3.5lbs over limit! Probably a poor training camp!

Castillo will be fined more if he comes in over 147lbs for the fight. This will probably only be more beneficial for Coralles.

Coralles by late KO.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That entire weigh in was a joke! Castillo team putting their foot under the scale! He didnt even try to make weight, and after he went off the first time, he didnt even come back lighter, apparently he didnt even go to a steam room to try to loose it!

I honestly think Castillo is a better fighter than Coralles, but that was a disgrace to the sport! If he doesnt make weight for the rubbermatch, he should be fined a hell of a lot more, and if they do anymore things with the scales, they should be banned for life! That is the kind of thing that gets a fighter hurt, or even killed!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Clooney do you mean that as far as Castillo having an unfair advantage because he was heavier?
Yeah exactly.

I thought he might be heavier because he had a bad training camp, but he obviously just ate, didnt starve himself at all, and came in a weight division heavier.

Oh well, I think in a rubbermatch, Coralles is gone again, unless his huge power can save him once more, but even with that power, Castillo is an animal, I sorta hope Castillo wins the rubber now so Arum can set up a fight with him and Cotto! (he says it will happen). That would be an entertaining brawl! Hope he can do it fair and square though, and properly make weight. We all know what happens when fighters fight guys too big for themselves, just look at Gattis horrible braindamaging fight earlier in his career against Gamache.