"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Talk with oneitis . . .

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Hello DJs in training,

I just had a chat with my oneitis. I kept it very professional. I didn't show any interest such as kino, C&F or any of that stuff. I just talked to her for like 2 minutes and I left.

I started the convo, and since last year I have not started a convo with her. She always did. So I say, "I have to get going now. Good bye."

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I feel more of a gentleman and in control after this encounter. Am I becmoing an AFC again?

I felt ilke a burden has been lifted off my shoulders, but now it feels empty, like something is missing. I can't see where I'm going with this one. Please stop me if it seems I'm exhibiting AFC traits.

Perhaps this is a good thing...who knows. Little things like this bother me....
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
A guy who doesn't show interest in a girl is... a friend, or gay.

Good going.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Maybe I didn't give enough information.

I know it sounds cliche, but it was like a bond film. Where the chick is in bed with him, and he has to go save the world. That kind of convo.

Except I wasn't in bed with her and I didn't have to save the world. Just the kind of convo. She wanted to say something at the end, but just kinda held it back or something. What it was I will never know.

Anyways, thanks for your response. I like this feeling. This feeling of being dedicated, determined, and in control.
 

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
You are in control... sounds DJ enough to me.
Thats the good news.

Also, there is a difference between gentleman and AFC. You know the difference so im not gonna explain it to you.

The bad news?
She will prolly be the first one to tell you that you are all AFC again. :p

No worries yet man.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

MarcP

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Yeah I used to have conversations like this when I was AFC but looking back on it I think I may have been a bit of a DJ back then but just didn't have the balls to follow it through. You sound like if you're in control and worrying if you're AFC or not is AFC thinking;) . The main differance between a conversation like this between that girl and an AFC or that girl and a DJ would be the DJ has options to take it further if he wants.
She seems to like you and you're taking it just normal like. If an AFC knew his oneitis liked him he would be straight in a relationship with her. In my opinion you acted like a DJ would act.
 
Top