"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Talk to yourself...

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
Try this:

When you are alone in the bathroom, look at the mirror and talk to yourself. SAY ANYTHING!!! Talk stupid stuff or crazy stuff if you want to.

***This sounds crazy but it really works on improving confidence and presenting yourself... and at least givin you an idea on how you look like when you approach people.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
very right neobrood..

try talking to yourself even more often .....
i talk to myself outloud when driving in the car...!!
hehhehe
 

C-Damage

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
45
Reaction score
2
Age
42
Yeah good idea, i agree. Ever found it extreamly weird to watch yourself on a video tape? I find that seeing myself on video is always like 'wow, i look like that? I move like that? I talk like THAT?'.

Good tip - not sure if it will improve how you act or wether it'l just make it even more odd...but looking in the mirror more seems to help in the looks department - perhaps it'l help in the acting department. I would say that acting classes would help more tho...imho.

C-D
 

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
Asheville, NC, USA
i made a tip like this a while ago haha

I said you should IM yourself on AIM, and talk to YOURSELF, as YOURSELF. Not as if you were talking to another person, but just as if you were talking to yourself. It's quite strange.

I can't talk to myself in the mirror, because I mirror people when I talk to them, mirroring myself... I end up just standing there looking in my eyes.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

alakazam

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Dude...

I talk to myself all the time.

I take my shirt off before hopping in the shower, look at myself in the mirror and say something like "Hot damn, you are one sexy mother ****er" or the like :D
 
Joined
May 28, 2003
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Location
Nodferatu's Lair
I look in the mirror and it shatters..sorry, can't do it.:D
 

Cleric

Banned
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Australia
Here's another technique for self observation. At night, before you go to sleep, take 10 minutes to go over your daily events. Play it in your head as a movie and watch yourself in third person. You won't remember much at first but with practice you start seeing yourself engaged in daily activities quite vividley.

Observe your own behaviour and note what you liked about some of the things you did. After 2 or 3 weeks start editing the movie in your head. Cut out the parts you didn't like and insert your own version. This'll fool your subconcious mind real good! :D . If you stick to this method persistantly it can do wonders.
 

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
Originally posted by C-Damage
Yeah good idea, i agree. Ever found it extreamly weird to watch yourself on a video tape? I find that seeing myself on video is always like 'wow, i look like that? I move like that? I talk like THAT?'.
I did that while on a very educational 'shroom trip last year at college. My roommate and I would just randomly freak out and run around the room trying to catch butterflies and sh!t, then he licked the wall. It was all good till our posters started to come alive.

Anyway...The point to this is - If you observe yourself, you'll know a lot more about what you're like in the given situation. I myself found out I enjoy the phrase "We can't stop here, this is bat country!" taken from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

And yeah...Talking to yourself can be entertaining, especially on long drives or periods of time when you're the only one around.
 
Top