Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking supplements for weight loss.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to share my recent experience I have been having with a supplement called Berberine. I post to help this community in any way I can. I started taking this about three weeks ago and it's effects are profound. It goes without saying that everyone is different so your mileage may vary of course. There is no brand associated with this, it's a natural supplement so you can get it cheaply anywhere. On top of it's many health benefits, one thing I don't see anyone talking about too much is the effect it has on appetite and cravings. Taking this has changed me from a person who would open the door of my refrigerator 20 times a night to barely eating once a day. I do feel this affected my cravings for other things like alcohol by reducing those cravings. I can not eat for a full 24H look at a plate of food and pass on it because i'm not in the mood for steak for example. This would be impossible for me before I started taking Berberine. I would reckon a 95% reduction in my appetite and cravings. The big life changer is the effect this ultimately has on your cognitive ability. You are more alert in a fasted state and if you are not craving anything thats just less time spent thinking about food/drink/smoke. These things result in what I describe as a big increase in mental bandwidth. I find I get home from work and since i'm not eating or even want to, it's easier to be active or do other more productive things. Anybody reading this with a weight problem I urge you to take your life back from your cravings. This is not a weight loss drug so side effects are minimal to none. Do the research, buy a $20 bottle and see how this works for you. I have a goal to lose 20lb and my progress has been steady and consistent since I started taking this supplement. Good luck.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I heard berberine is for type 2 diabetics

have you heard the new craze are Ozempic and other injections that help with weight loss? Those are also for type 2’s and weight loss

my guess is we are only beginning to hear of side effects from Ozempic. These pharmaceutical companies use people to experiment on

Take care

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Berberine is fantastic, and is one of the staples in what I use. In diabetic clinical trials, it outperformed the most common drug used, Metformin. It had similar effects on blood sugar regulation but with the added bonus of reducing waist size, something not seen in the Metformin group. It also has a whole host of other benefits outside of blood sugar regulation. Quite possibly one of the most powerful supplements on the planet.

Pairing it with Alpha Lipoic Acid(ALA) is even better as they have a synergistic effect with one another.

IMO, I focus on these things for supplements when I am looking to lose weight...

1) Blood sugar/insulin sensitivity
2) GH promoting
3) Liver health promoting
4) Thermogenesis/Cellular energy production

These all play key roles in fat mobilization and usage in the body.

Currently down 46 lbs in 4 months including 16.8 lbs in the past month and these play a solid role in helping this progress.

However, diet/nutrition is the number 1 thing to focus on, then prioritizing sleep(could actually make a case for reversing this and diet and I wouldn't disagree), then strength/resistance training and activity levels(I prefer walking...for many reasons).

I attack weight loss from all angles and do so while working to preserve as much muscle as possible.

Last edited:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, i feel like i've heard the name but didn't really know anything about it. Will definitely read up on it.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Berberine is fantastic, and is one of the staples in what I use. In diabetic clinical trials, it outperformed the most common drug used, Metformin. It had similar effects on blood sugar regulation but with the added bonus of reducing waist size, something not seen in the Metformin group.
i used glucose disposal agents for years and this is always in the ingredients. I just recently got it for my uncle who was having issues with diabetes. He is on a glucose monitor and was taking 2 pills. His blood sugar improves instantly.