Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking a 35k paycut Leaving Los Angeles for Miami

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The business I’m in I can easily work from home but I know I make 2-3k month a more month going into an office because I get more leads ...so I would probably be making 20-30k a year less working from home if I left realistically.

I get it sosuave is about bettering yourself and making as much money as possible, but to stay in a city I’ve been in my whole life and to to throw my 20’s away for an extra 2-3k a month isn’t that beta in itself? This is not life changing money we are talking about.

For the record I am 27. I’m young, single and good looking and My life is pretty good I’m meeting new girls every weekend. But I feel like something is missing. I’m Getting a bit too comfortable here and I would like a change.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it scares you and excites you at the same time, then you must do it

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you are missing is not going to change with your location. You bring that with you wherever you go. The novelty of Miami will wear off after awhile and your internal void will coming knocking again.

Plus, it's not like you like in Bumblefvck Alabama somewhere. You live in LA. A city that has a little bit of everything for everyone.

There nothing wrong with moving. But your reason seems like inner-self avoidance. Your outer world changes once your inner self changes. Not the other way around.
It's not always about self-avoidance. There's something to be said for a change of scenery. I was sick and tired of NYC and wanted to move. For a few years I thought the problem WAS me, and did x,y,z to improve the inner self, which I'm always doing anyway, but I did so with the conscious effort of avoiding what I really wanted: to live somewhere else. Last year I finally relocated and although it's not a panacea, it made a huge difference in my life. Granted I think it was a combination of things being easier (quality of life/preferences) and things being harder (new challenges).

That's just me though, and I can't tell from the OP whether he's suffering self-avoidance or not...he could be. Just dropping in my $.02.

And @captain55 I completely quit my job and lived off savings for months. Now I'm making half of what I made before, but where I live now the cost of living is low. I think if you can pay your rent/mortgage with approximately one week's pay, you're doing okay. So I'm "poorer" financially but richer in terms of lifestyle, happiness, and experience.

Though I don't see much difference between LA and Miami, lol. Humidity? Better Cuban food?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@samspade is Miami as expensive as Cali?
That I don't know...I lived in LA one year, but have only spent a few days in Miami. I think they don't have income tax in Florida, but I've read the wages are lower.

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not always about self-avoidance. There's something to be said for a change of scenery. I was sick and tired of NYC and wanted to move. For a few years I thought the problem WAS me, and did x,y,z to improve the inner self, which I'm always doing anyway, but I did so with the conscious effort of avoiding what I really wanted: to live somewhere else. Last year I finally relocated and although it's not a panacea, it made a huge difference in my life. Granted I think it was a combination of things being easier (quality of life/preferences) and things being harder (new challenges).

That's just me though, and I can't tell from the OP whether he's suffering self-avoidance or not...he could be. Just dropping in my $.02.

And @captain55 I completely quit my job and lived off savings for months. Now I'm making half of what I made before, but where I live now the cost of living is low. I think if you can pay your rent/mortgage with approximately one week's pay, you're doing okay. So I'm "poorer" financially but richer in terms of lifestyle, happiness, and experience.

Though I don't see much difference between LA and Miami, lol. Humidity? Better Cuban food?
Brother I have been to New York City many times and other than the fact that most of the hottest women (the top of the top models) are hidden and rarely go out...(only to exclusive events/parties) I think it is the best place to be for a single Guy. Getting laid in New York City is much easier than la or even Miami for me.

Other than the weather I think it’s the best city in the world. Miami has the best beaches and women imo. Cheap nice real estate (compared to la or manhattan anyway)

Where did you relocate too? Just curious

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The business I’m in I can easily work from home but I know I make 2-3k month a more month going into an office because I get more leads ...so I would probably be making 20-30k a year less working from home if I left realistically.

I get it sosuave is about bettering yourself and making as much money as possible, but to stay in a city I’ve been in my whole life and to to throw my 20’s away for an extra 2-3k a month isn’t that beta in itself? This is not life changing money we are talking about.

For the record I am 27. I’m young, single and good looking and My life is pretty good I’m meeting new girls every weekend. But I feel like something is missing. I’m Getting a bit too comfortable here and I would like a change.
Between LA and Miami you have to factor cost of living. Doesnt Florida have zero state tax?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brother I have been to New York City many times and other than the fact that most of the hottest women (the top of the top models) are hidden and rarely go out...(only to exclusive events/parties) I think it is the best place to be for a single Guy. Getting laid in New York City is much easier than la or even Miami for me.

Other than the weather I think it’s the best city in the world. Miami has the best beaches and women imo. Cheap nice real estate (compared to la or manhattan anyway)

Believe me, I loved NY, especially the variety and abundance of women. They were easy to approach and a lot of fun. But other things about the city began to grate on me. I moved to Spain to try something different. So far so good...

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People tend to make drastic changes for two reasons.

To get away from something negative.

To get closer to something positive.

So long as you don't end up smuggling cocaine or something, and you'll use the extra down time productively, (wort at home vs an office) then it's a net positive.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Take into consideration housing/rent is likely significantly cheaper in Miami

U

user43770

There are calculators on the net that compare the cost of living between different cities. Some go into a good bit of detail.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What's your background? Curious at to why anybody would livr in LA or nyc. Liberal hell hole. I agree with you on the attraction level. I've toured America. I have had some fun in miami. Just need to avoid lady boys and hiv thrn you're ok lol.

Any regrets on the decline in income?