Since graduating High School...Well, mainly since becoming a moderator of the Discussion forum, I have been sparce around this forum. After talking to Matrix and getting out of a major slump (sort of), I realized something...Don't take High School for granted. Sure, you may look at it now and think "this place sucks, I can't wait to bail," but when you are sitting in your fourth class of the day, finishing page two of notes in fifteen minutes, you'll think, "I want some bs work." Here are some low points of college...
- Amount of notes: Get two notebooks and five Bic pens for every class, you'll use them.
- Tests: Study in advance and don't try and cram...Did that the other night and will be lucky if I got 40% on it.
- Girls: You may think "you really are crazy..." but the girls here are more interested in school or have work AND a sorority.
- Free time: Nothing really to do during that time, you'll WISH you were in class. My advice...Learn to play pool.
High points...
- Class length: 90 minute classes in High School and now I have "50" minute classes. Usually 40 minutes a class really.
- Free time: Yes, it was a low point, but if you have something fun to do and have friends, this is great.
- Atmosphere: More relaxed and more friendly then High School. People actually say "hi" back instead of "who the hell are you?"
- Parties: Every Thursday night, frats have parties here. VERY fun. Become friends with some different frat members in various frats.
Yeah, High School is the toilet, but take what you can from it. Don't sit in "Advanced Sciences 107" and think "man, so many wasted chances in High School. Go out and actually do the work. Talk to the hot girl. Go to dances and crap like that. More importantly...Hang out with your friends. When I get back home for Winter break, all of us are having Guys Night Out and bringing a video camera. We are making our own highlight reels ranging from stunts to approaches. Have a blast and don't think "I can't wait for college." It'll come soon enough.
- Amount of notes: Get two notebooks and five Bic pens for every class, you'll use them.
- Tests: Study in advance and don't try and cram...Did that the other night and will be lucky if I got 40% on it.
- Girls: You may think "you really are crazy..." but the girls here are more interested in school or have work AND a sorority.
- Free time: Nothing really to do during that time, you'll WISH you were in class. My advice...Learn to play pool.
High points...
- Class length: 90 minute classes in High School and now I have "50" minute classes. Usually 40 minutes a class really.
- Free time: Yes, it was a low point, but if you have something fun to do and have friends, this is great.
- Atmosphere: More relaxed and more friendly then High School. People actually say "hi" back instead of "who the hell are you?"
- Parties: Every Thursday night, frats have parties here. VERY fun. Become friends with some different frat members in various frats.
Yeah, High School is the toilet, but take what you can from it. Don't sit in "Advanced Sciences 107" and think "man, so many wasted chances in High School. Go out and actually do the work. Talk to the hot girl. Go to dances and crap like that. More importantly...Hang out with your friends. When I get back home for Winter break, all of us are having Guys Night Out and bringing a video camera. We are making our own highlight reels ranging from stunts to approaches. Have a blast and don't think "I can't wait for college." It'll come soon enough.