Take girls to nice dinners?

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story, but my company gives me dinner awards that basically let me take another person to the fanciest restaurants and have me not pay for it at all (the girl I am taking has no idea that I don't pay. Basically I charge the meal to my credit card, and the company reimburses me for it)

If you take a girl out on 2-3 dates and things are going ok, is it ok to then blow them away with an extra fancy restaurant date?

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could use the fact that it's free as something.

Like, make it casual like you're not trying too hard or anything. "I've got a free night out to a great restaurant, and it seems you could use a good night out, so I'm taking you." or something. The fact that it's free means you're just taking her out for a fun good time, not as an extra formal weird date.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, my company doesn't mind. As a reward, they give me a voucher for $100 at any meal I want. You just fax the receipt and they include the cost of the dinner in your next paycheck. I agree, if I was paying out of pocket, I wouldn't be taking girls out to nice places to early in the dating relationship. But I have a bunch of these that I'd like to use anyways.

In the past, I've gotten girls with implying that it "might be free for me" that way they don't feel overly weird going. Good chance for me to dress up in a nice suit to look impressive and see them all dolled up as well.

So if there is a girl i've "hung out" with a couple times (she always invited me) that'd I'd like to impress, and circumstances keep me from being in town for ~1 month, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to take her out to a fancy restaurant?

tincanman99

Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you arent paying feel free. About a month I took a girl to dinner in NYC. It was about date 4 or 5. I dropped 180 with tip. I will give you 3 guesses what she did?

1. She ordered the most expensive thing on the menu.
2. She sucked 2 ****tails at about 12 a piece.
3. She totally flaked out at the concert I took her too after dinner.
4. TOTALLY DISAPPEARED after the date. No call, no thanks - no nothing.

What did I do wrong? I was a little needy - asking her out again and telling her I had a good time. That was it. I followed this up by a week later telling her if you dont want to see me, just tell me. Of course she did not reply.

NEVER F***ing again with the expensive dinner nor being AFC. I was in control till a 6 hour make out session but will NEVER do this again.

Rant is over ;)

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't drop alot of money on a woman unless she is my wife, daughter, girlfriend, or a targeted girlfriend.

If you're just looking to ****, get a prostitute.

Gia Giovanni

Banned
Reaction score
tincanman99 said:
As long as you arent paying feel free. About a month I took a girl to dinner in NYC. It was about date 4 or 5. I dropped 180 with tip. I will give you 3 guesses what she did?

What did I do wrong? I was a little needy - asking her out again and telling her I had a good time. That was it. I followed this up by a week later telling her if you dont want to see me, just tell me. Of course she did not reply.

NEVER F***ing again with the expensive dinner nor being AFC. I was in control till a 6 hour make out session but will NEVER do this again.

Rant is over ;)
Wow you really know how to pick em. What attribute were you focusing on when you asked her out?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, just ask yourself this: What has she done to deserve such a reward?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she hasn't earned it,she shouldn't get it. All you are doing otherwise is encourage their sense of entitlement. It MAY make you look needy-you can't get her without buying her stuff etc.

tincanman99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by tincanman99

Rant is over

Wow you really know how to pick em. What attribute were you focusing on when you asked her out?
Gia Giovanni said:
She pursued me for like 6 months. Professional woman (whoops I mean a dinner *****). She was smart, educated and had a great disposition till I saw her flip 180 degrees in front of me. Oh and she had a hard rocking body :) .

I had misgivings about it from day 1 but after the first date I figured, eh she is cute - why not. HUGE MISTAKE.

tincanman99

Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
If she hasn't earned it,she shouldn't get it. All you are doing otherwise is encourage their sense of entitlement. It MAY make you look needy-you can't get her without buying her stuff etc.
I agree with this. You are feeding the entitlement beast. Take your mom as some other poster said.

If you do it she will not appreciate it. They NEVER appreciate this kind of stuff. Its taken for granted. Been there done that. Dont be a fool like me.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls that I have no feelings for get McDonalds. Girls who I AM in a relationship with get fancy dinners. Casual dating doesn't warrant a special dinner IMO

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
No expensive dinner....unless you are in LTR or she really earn it (saving your ass when you are in real trouble). DO NOT SPEND expensive dinner on girls !!!!

Otherwise take your mother out or close family..She deserve to taste your success.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
true romance said:
No expensive dinner....unless you are in LTR or she really earn it (saving your ass when you are in real trouble). DO NOT SPEND expensive dinner on girls !!!!

Otherwise take your mother out or close family..She deserve to taste your success.
What if I am not doing the actual spending. Only looks like I am.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
brian123 said:
What if I am not doing the actual spending. Only looks like I am.
Take someone who you think deserves it, and who you would enjoy the evening with.

Its going to be a waste of a nice dinner by the sound of it.

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Take someone who you think deserves it, and who you would enjoy the evening with.

Its going to be a waste of a nice dinner by the sound of it.
Well I am taking this particular girl for a few reasons.

A) She's done all the chasing so far basically.
B) She is down to earth and I really enjoy having conversations with her.
C) Won't be able to really spend any time with her for 1-2 months. Figure this act will tide her over so I can do really well once I get back.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Make sure the girl did something to earn that kind of dinner. If I didn't find a girl that earned it and the voucher expired, I'd be eating Pappadeaux seafood by myself and think nothing of it. I know I'd be looked at quite stupid, but oh well.