"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Table for one please....

Designer Man

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
178
Reaction score
46
Age
40
Since being single I often go out for meals alone to different restaurants. Not all the time but occasionally when I don't feel like cooking at home. I'm currently at nandos as I type this. Does anyone else do this?

Can feel a bit strange when you see other couples eating together or groups of friends but it's something that doesn't bother me.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Nothing wrong with that at all. I still, while in an LTR, occasionally get meal alone. I usually just sit at the bar.

Having a feeling of doubt is just a product of a society that tells us if we dont have a relationship, there is something wrong with us...
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Also, if you see two dudes or two girls sitting at the bar alone or walking together, it does not mean they are gay, they are just friends.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
Going out to eat or to a movie alone was one of the most difficult things to get used to after my divorce. I felt so alone and like such a loser and felt that people were judging me. A big part of that was likely due to how raw a person can feel after a divorce, and also having to get used to things being different.

It's been said in the DJ Bible and many other places that you should be happy and truly enjoy your own company. Until you get there, you won't be happy with a girl, and you'll likely be needy toward women because you *need* that companionship to avoid being alone. Instead, spend the time learning to be comfortable with it.

After 2.5 years post-divorce, I'm so comfortable with it that I didn't even think about it until I read your thread. Like you, I'm sitting here by myself at a table for one having my dinner and not feeling the least bit lonely.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2012
Messages
403
Reaction score
221
Age
38
Location
USA
I like to eat out a lot. I prefer to do it with company but people I know don't want to eat out as much as I do. As I'm typing this I'm alone at a sushi restaurant. No big deal. I wouldn't sweat it.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
Going out to eat or to a movie alone was one of the most difficult things to get used to after my divorce. I felt so alone and like such a loser and felt that people were judging me. A big part of that was likely due to how raw a person can feel after a divorce, and also having to get used to things being different.
I don't see how going to a movie alone would mean anything. People are there to see the large screen.

Nevertheless, I have a set of rules I tend to follow when I go to the cinema (a practice which has faded out of my life). I would go in the afternoon showings, 1 - 4pm, avoid Matinee crowds, avoid going on Friday and Saturday nights, and if you can reserve a seat, make sure you get one where it's centered so you get the maximum viewing experience. Also, visit a cinema when the movie is about to be taken off the cinema. By this time the hype of the movie has died down and you may only get one or two souls inside the same cinema or even get an empty cinema to which to enjoy the movie all by yourself!

I do not have a set of rules for eating solo since I don't actually do that. I would imagine I'd probably bring a tablet or portable device with some head-phones if the environment bothered me, so at least my mind could be distracted by something else so as not to really care about that if I'm there for an extended period of time beyond eating the meal. Or, at the very least, as a Christian believer, knowing Jesus is present inside of me so I don't care what other people think about me as long as I'm right with God. If I feel lonely then it's because my prayer life is neglected and it's my fault.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,139
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I love to dine out alone. I do it all the time without giving it a second thought.

When I’m eating with somebody else, I do NOT enjoy dinner conversation. When I’m really hungry and trying to eat is when the other person wants to talk non-stop and ask me 100 questions lol.

Eating alone is an introvert’s dream and a great way to unwind.

TLDR: Talk to me after dinner or over drinks. When I’m trying to shovel food down, I like to be alone.
 
Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
It's a rare pleasure for me to be able to dine alone, something I get to do on rare occasions and it's moments like this that I'm able to savour the moment, the ambience - the quiet still air of the night, the stars, the rumblings of leaves, chirping noises by creatures of the dark etc etc.

I'd go to my favourite steakhouse that's by the beach and get to savour a bloodied piece of meat in relative quiet.

Some guys don't know how good they have it in life.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top