Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

T total and affect on friendships

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In January I stopped alcohol, mainly due to the way it reacted with a medication I began taking. I wanted to quit long before I started meds but now I had something that would physically stop me which made it a lot easier to give up.

Since then my friends have dropped off like flies. Out of 10 or so guys, only 2 keep in touch ( speak to one over whatsapp and meet up with the other maybe once a month for a couple hours) and I think sooner or later that 2 will become 1. Other than this I have an ex gf who i meet up with now and again and few friends who live in other cities who call me from time to time. So I am having very little face to face interaction with the friends I have left.

I did try meeting up with a few on one occasion, they drank alcohol whilst i drank fruit juice. It just wasn't the same, and I found the conversations mundane.

I feel is a great opportunity for me. I am seriously considering cutting off all ties with 90% of these people as my life is way more productive now and I do not want to fall back into old habits. My aim is to network towards attaining new friends focused on healthy lifestyle and achieving goals.

Anyways, this whole thing has made me realise how fickle friendships are and how much social circles rely on their main activity being drinking. Once you take alcohol out of the equation, 90% of people are boring. Most people are just masking as friends so that they don't have to go out drinking alone.

Any else experienced this?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's face it, what usually brings men together are common activities. Guys you golf with, guys you play music with, guys you go fishing with, guys you shoot guns with, whatever it might be. Drinkers and addicts want to spend time with other drinkers and addicts. Once you quit drinking, you're not on the same wavelength. Alcohol is the great social lubricator, for sure.

You're just going to have to find something else to do with your time. Most likely, it will be more interesting.

I thought this thread was going to be about testosterone level :)