Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Swine flu-any here have it?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did. From the middle of July (around the 16th) and and I am just now getting over it completely. For two weeks I had a dry cough, sore throat, headaches, diarhea, severe muscle soreness, terrible fever, and I was delirious much of the time. I would go to bed, wake up in a pool of sweat, then get super cold, after having the craziest dreams I can ever remember. And this went on for two weeks straight! After the fever finally went away, along with those other symptoms I mentioned, the head congestion and lung congestion started up full force. Still have a slight sore throat even today. Its basically like the regular flu x ten. Mainly because of the fever, chills, hot flashes, and delirium.

U

user43770

I had flu-like symptoms set in on Sunday night (coughing, nausea, sweating, chills and body aches). The fever was gone this morning when I woke up, but I'm still weak and the coughing has really stepped it up. I don't know if it was swine-flu or the regular flu. Who cares? They both can kill you.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm growing more paranoid of this everyday. It's hitting the south pretty bad. For the last few weeks almost everyday I hear from another friend who has been diagnosed with the flu

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it lasted 2 weeks are you sure it's the flu? The acute flu symptoms don't usually last more than several days at most, although the cough may linger. I don't know I'm not a doctor. Did you go to the hospital and have it confirmed as swine flu?

Mpimpin, don't let all this hype make you paranoid. I think it's irresponsible how the news is handling this. From what I've heard, the swine flu is no worse than the regular flu. I think it's being hyped because the swine flu killed a lot of people back during WW I, but people were probably also not as healthy back then, there were fewer treatments and people didn't have access to the best health care.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its the whole Flu genre in general. And that People my age are getting affected a lot that's what changes this into something to think about compared to the flu in the past.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swine flu is just regular flu, maybe a little stronger.

FYI, the swine flu did NOT originate from pigs. Current theories are that it came from humans and infected pigs, or its a result of really poor flu vaccines.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swine flu is just a more contagious version of normal flu.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We just had a guy at my school die from it yesterday

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had swiney flu a few weeks ago. It wasnt as tough as people say. And yes, it was diagnosed by a doctor, not by myself.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had some flu like symptoms this year but not sure if it was swine flu or not. :)

U

user43770

San Jose California said:
Could this be swine flu, or could it be caused by excessive pot/cigarette smoking?

Sounds like food poisoning to me.

U

user43770

Maybe maybe. I had a bowl of cereal, some artificial vanilla flavoring put in the cereal, a burger at jack in the box, and some chinese food in the fridge. My dad said I could be allergic to sodium glucamate (or something like that) from the chinese food, but I had that fridge chinese food a couple days ago I think. Also, no one else got food poisoning from the jack in the box.

It could be from sharing weed from a bong, or a cig, last night and I do remember someone (word that I don't say)-lipping it. It remains a mystery. Regardless I wonder what the huge painful headache was from a few days ago.

There are several different types of food poisoning. Ever heard of E-coli? That sh1t will mess you up!

U

user43770

Aside from that, I couldn't add my last class today and now my parents won't get free health insurance cuz I don't have 12 credits, and I don't even know who to blame, great.

I think you can take 9 hours and work part-time and still qualify for your parents' insurance.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could this be swine flu, or could it be caused by excessive pot/cigarette smoking and my body just wants to get rid of the toxins?
Its probably food poisoning.

If symptoms don't improve after 24 hours then go see a doctor because you are going to be severely dehydrated. Make sure you drink some water and eat riped Bananas if you can, to replace lost electrolytes.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about the swine flu, but you sure as hell don't want food poisoning. I had 107 degree temperature and felt like I was in hell for like a week.