Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Supplements for best results in the gym

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 37, I'm in excellent shape, but want an edge to get more ripped and add a little more size.

I haven't used supplements for a long time. The big thing and break through back then was creatine. Is that still the best supplements out there? I'm not going to take steroids or anything like that. Are there any other proven supplements for the gym out there that I should know about?

Thanks

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try N.O , nitric oxide. It gives you a pretty good pump.
I guess heavy weights make you stronger and harder and more toned but high reps fills your muscle With fluid and gives you a fuller look.
high reps and intense sets also release HgH- human growth hormone ,and it’s easier on the joints because of the use of lighter weight and higher reps
I would recommend both types of training, there is also L-citrulline and L-arginine , L-carnitine , which is found in bison meat, eggs with the yolk still runny also has some important vitamins .
good luck

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my case, creatine with a combination of bcaa aminos are the best duo. It builds you a lot, along with water and food, prevents muscle loss and speed up your recovery.

I started using aminos only recently but I've been on creatine every day 5 grams since July 1.2019 and the difference is incredible.

Tbh creatine is one of the things I couldn't imagine my gym life.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Espi.

I'm just looking for an advantage. To limit plateaus and improve recovery time.

Creatine certainly gives you that from what I've experienced and read.

I want to know what else is out there that will do this.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine will fill muscles slightly.

Ultimately diet and consistency will be the main ingredients to success... unless you use gear. No supplement will make up the deficit for the weakest link in the chain.

Legal supplements will make marginal to no difference, barely worth giving much thought to tbh.

I just use caffeine pre workout, wasted loads on supplements years ago.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Not sexy though as it's cheap and can't be put in a flashy tub for 50 pounds.

That and a good diet, and consistency for years is good enough to get a top few % physique. No need for flashy, expensive supplements in my opinion.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine
Caffeine
Beta Alanine
Citrulline Malate
BCAA
Alpha GPC
Phenylpiracetam

Of these, I'd say creatine, beta alanine, and citrulline malate make the most difference in the long term.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnesium, Vitamin D3 and Optimum Nutrition whey isolate also keep me happy in and out of the gym too.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
At 37, I'm in excellent shape, but want an edge to get more ripped and add a little more size.

I haven't used supplements for a long time. The big thing and break through back then was creatine. Is that still the best supplements out there? I'm not going to take steroids or anything like that. Are there any other proven supplements for the gym out there that I should know about?

Thanks
HGH, but you have to be on it for life. Kinda like monoxide; just for your muscles. MCT oil, caffeine, CLA, BCAAs, and pure micronized creatine are the best options. However, if you take the creatine, start with around 2500 - 5000 mg a day. Just remember to drink copious amounts of water, or you will risk kidney stones and dehydration.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good, clean protein is a necessity if you're looking to truly add muscle. Beyond that, I'll defer to this guy, watch the spot where I linked:

I'll take his word for it.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried many supplements before and now I try to do it with minimal aids. At my age, it's been hard to feel energized sometimes though. It's been a struggle for me lately.

With that said, I only take a good multi-vitamin these days along with Vitamin D if I don't get at least 30 mins of good sunlight. I used to take ZMA but didn't want my body reliant on it so I try to supplement zinc/magnesium through food choices instead.

One thing to note is if you're living with anyone or have a serious gf, Creatine could make you more irritable and produce bad attitudes in you. That's what it did to me and I had to stop taking it when I was on it before.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just another quick opinion of mine - creatine is crap. Just adds water weight, in my experience.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only supplement you need is food. Fuk all that other chit. Learn the ins and outs of nutrition and take it very seriously. Bodies are built in the kitchen, muscles are built in the gym.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
A good, clean protein is a necessity if you're looking to truly add muscle. Beyond that, I'll defer to this guy, watch the spot where I linked:

I'll take his word for it.
Yes. I'll take his word for it.

I'd love to be this guy's personal assistant, serving him and being exposed to that masculine energy.

Once again, another bodybuilder saying nutrition is almost more important than the weightlifting.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine has overwhelming scientific evidence that shows it not only increases strength performance but also lean body mass. It does make you retain water but so what. You have to take at least 5g a day to see real benefit, unless you happen to eat a lot of red meat.