Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many questions are being asked about the least effective factor when it comes to training and nutrition, yes they are supplements, believe it or not you do not need them to get big. The only benefit I see to them is their convenicence and also the vitamin and minerals which are often destroyed in our proccessed foods, so to all that do take them please post your reviews in the following.

Supplement Company :

(Which supplement company produces your supplement)

Supplement Name :

(Supplement title/name of your supplement)

Pros :

(Positive aspects you noticed about this product)

Cons :

(Negative aspects you noticed about this product)

Side Effects :

(Any negative health related side effects experienced from the products)

Opinion :

(What do you think of this supplement, the good, the bad and the ugly)

Purchase location and price :

(Where you bought it and would you reccomend buying from them, also priced paid for)

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll go first since I started the thread

Supplement Company : Optimum Nutrition

Supplement Name : 100% whey protein

Pros :

Good mix of four differnet proteins, it's a mix of isolates, concentrates, etc...all in all it's the same, since isolates are so delicate they sometimes get damaged in the making proccess, and concentrates don't, but have 70% absorbtion rate, so it's all the same, also the taste was good and great pricing.

Cons :

None noticed

Side Effects:

Extreme farts when eaten with carbs.

Opinion :

Great protein, but www.allthewhey.com has a better deal at 10 lbs for 38 bux and I hear many great things about them.

Purchase location:

1fast400.com has it pretty cheap at around 25 bux for 5 lbs.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- EAS

- Phosphagen HP (creatine + dextrose transport product)

- Pros:

- very cheap
- you know the creatine is high quality (b/c EAS has probably the best quality control systems in the industry)
- great taste (especially lemon and fruit punch)

- Cons:

- formula is outdated (i.e. no ALA - )
- has a tendency to settle in water (that's why I always drink mine mixed with an MRP

- Side Effects

none

GRADE: A -

Get it at: www.muscledepot.com

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company : Avant Labs

Product : Ab-Solved

Pros :

Was surprised to see fat loss in abdominal area in about a week and a half span, probably around one inch loss in fat.

Cons :

Price and it doesn't last very long, for someone around 6ft, it'll last you around two weeks tops.

Side Effects :

Numbs the skin when applied after shower, odd at first, but I didn't mind after.

Opinion :

Great product, but not for the price, at 20 bux for 4oz, it doesn't last very long, but it is a very supplement.

Purchase Location :

1fast400.com, dpsnutrition.com has the cheapest prices anywhere IMO.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company :

SANS

Supplement Name :

V-12 CREATINE

Pros :

It gave me huge pumps during my workout. I felt my muscles burning afterwards. You don't get bloated like with regular creatine monohydrate and it contains nitrogen (may or may not be beneficial) and taurine. Good stuff.

Cons :

The taste can be a bit sweet if you aren't used to it. After awhile you adapt to it. It's kind of pricey but not bad.

Side Effects :

I had the squirts for the first week... HAHA. I don't think I was drinking enough water.

Opinion :

It's a great supplement for non-responders to monohydrate or for anyone who wants to try something different and is sick of the regular stuff.

Purchase location and price

Bodybuilding.com --- $37.95

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company :

GNC

Supplement Name :

Creatine Monohydrate

Pros :

A major increase in muscle definition, gained muscle while losing fat, retained most of the new mass after cycling off, major increase in strength on dips, and major mass increase when doing dips and chins, good price (NOTE: No loading phase done, I did 5 grams a week for 8 weeks or so on my first cycle)

Cons :

Not as much strength increment as I expected, but still pretty good (NOTE: I didn't use it correctly when I used it. I mostly took it with just water, as opposed to good carbs, so this may account for not having the best effect)

Side Effects :

None

Opinion :

Buy it. I give it 4 or 4 1/2 stars out of 5

GNC, but it can be found cheaper elsewhere, although my supply is lasting a LONG time. one of the cheapest and most effective supps ever made

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company :

MLO

Supplement Name :

Mus-L-Blast 2000+/Mus-L-Blast (same thing)

Pros :

DELICIOUS, Muscle mass gain, all protein is Whey Isolate, lots of good carbs, infused with Glutamine Peptides and amino acids, and vitamins and minerals, MCT's, good price

Cons :

HAS FRUCTOSE.

Side Effects :

None

Opinion :

Great for bulking. Avoid if you're cutting. I givei t 4 out of 5 stars. If it had no fructose, and instead the fructose was replaced with dextrose, it would get 5 out of 5.

GNC or any supplement store or health food store

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company :

Iron Tek

Supplement Name :

Massive Whey

Pros :

lots of Whey Concentrate at a very, very cheap price

Cons :

Doesn't taste very good, very hard to mix

Side Effects :

None

Opinion :

If you're looking for straight up whey, this is a very well priced pick. Tastes ok but not that good. 3 1/2 out of 5.

GNC or any supplement store or health food store, 35 dollars for 86 servings, 23 grams of protein per serving

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - GNC

Product - GNC megamen vitamin

Pros - Good vitamin for the money, good quality, high in dosage of certain vitamins.

Cons - None

Side Effects - Real yellow piss

Opinion - Good overall vitamin, a little pricey, but you kinda get what you pay for all in all...I like it since they're all natural.

Source - GNC I work at.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - EAS

Product - Simply Whey Protein

Pros - Good protein, tastes good, especially strawberry

Cons - It has aspartame in it, I think that's how you spell it, a sweetner which isn't the best thing for cutting.

Side Effects - Gives you crazy farts like every other protein powder out there when taken in with carbs that buffer air into your body.

Opinion - Good protein, but there are much much cheaper sources out there.

Source - GNC I work at, they had it on sale for 30 bux, I got 30% off, and got a great deal on it.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - Avant Labs

Product - Lipoderm-Y

Pros - Good overall localized fat burner, but when used with higher percentage of bodyfat, you really can't tell a difference.

Cons - Price, it's not as good as I thought it would be, but it's good enough to get a job done that is made to do, also you have to wait 2 hours before you can sweat or anything so that means two hours prior to working out.

Side Effects - None

Opinion - Decent product for those who want that last bit of fat off of their bodies.

Source - 1fast400.com, dpsnutrition.com has it for the chepaest rate.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - Vitamin World

Product - Value Whey

Pros - Great, no...THE BEST protein powder I tried, tastes great, mixes real good and the price you can't beat it at 17 bux for 5 lbs, with my 30% discount with their discount card which I got for free.

Cons - None

Side Effects - Farts

Opinion - Best protein out there for the money, can't beat it pricewise, quality is good..Protein is protein, none of them will make you any bigger then the other.

Source - Vitamin World

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - EAS

Product - Myoplex

Pros - Great MRP, tastes good, very convenient.

Cons - It has 20G of maltodextrin in it which is much worse then sugar, it rates 100 on the GI scale, whereas sugar rates 86, it's overpriced, and compared to some of the newer formulas coming out its not the best.

Side Effects - Broke my blender after mixing these things up for six months or so.

Opinion - Good product if you can find a deal on it, if not, then it's not worth buying.

Source - GNC

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - N/A

Product - Ephedrine/Caffinee

Pros - O man, kills your apetite so much, you never think bout food or get hungry, you just get weak from low sugar levels in your system.

Cons - Apetite suppresion is too great for some like me, in which I eat barely anything and my body goes into starvation mode and burns least amount of fat.

Side Effects - Jitternes, heard beat fast sometimes, if taken later, might interfeare with sleep.

Opinion - Good thing to take when starting your diet so one can adjust.

Source - 1fast400.com

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supp. Company - Universal Nutrition

Product - Uni Liver Tabs

Pros - Great supplement that has been around for about 30 years now, arnold and all the geat bodybuilders use to take these and probably still do to this day, gets you stronger and a good soruce of vitamins. Also at 12 bux for 500 tabs, it's dirt cheap.

Cons - if you dislike taking pills, then this one is not for you....I take up wards of 24 pills a day.

Side Effects - if you got protein farts, this one gives em to you real hard and bad.

Opinion - A must have supplement, should be at the core of your nutritional program.

Source - 1fast400.com

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CNP - Dorian Yates Approved.

Pro-Mass

Pros: High calorie and protein weight gainer - ideal for hard gainers. Mix of whey and casein protein so ideal at other times of the day rather than just post workout or first thing a.m. Low in saturated fat, added MCTs and nearly lactose free. Fantastic taste and no bloat.

Cons: Very high in malto, not as easy to mix as a pure whey based supplement. Contains aspartame.

Side effect: Weight gain!

Opinion: Best weight gainer I have used so far - can use post workout if desired but I use a whey only product at this time.

Source/Price. Easily available over here in UK and CNP are aggresively marketing the US market too. Try 1fast400.com
Cheaper than most.

Last edited:

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company : EAS

Supplement Name : BetaLean

Pros : Ephedra Free, not too many ingredients

Cons : Ephedra Free, not super strong, price, and you can get all of the ingredients by looking at them, and then going and eating the stuff that has them. (i.e. grapefruit, coffee, green tea, ginger...etc)

Side Effects : Maybe a little warmth, nothin really

Opinion : Not too good. Many better Fat Burners

Purchase location and price : Sports Nutrition store for like $30.00... got ripped

PS. I think this thread should be stickied soon

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company :

GNC

Supplement Name :

100% Whey Protein

Pros :

lots of Whey cheap (I got it on sale though). Mixes extremely easily, almost like chocolate milk!

Cons :

Doesn't taste very good

Side Effects :

None

Opinion :

Not a bad choice, but the taste is a little bit bitter. 4 out of 5

GNC or Rite Aid

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company :

Sportpharm (I think(

Supplement Name :

Just-Whey

Pros :

it's Whey protein. Easier to mix than IronTek, and a little bit better tasting

Cons :

tastes like Whey protein. Not a good price (19 dollars, 23 servings)

Side Effects :

None

Opinion :

It's just overpriced whey. 3 out of 5

GNC or Rite Aid or any supp store

gym addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company: Avant Labs

Supplement Name: Lipoderm-Y

Pros: Noticeable localized fat mobilization ; helps get rid of problem areas (love handles); caloric deficit is proportional to fat loss (ie more lipoderm-y you apply, the greater the caloric deficit must be in order to maximize the lipoderm)

Cons: Bloating due to Yohimbine HCL; price is a bit high; smell is strong of alcohol; no sweating for few hours;

Side Effects: Minor bloating for a week post cycle but disappears

Opinion: Good for fat mobilization if you're already at a pretty low BF

Purchase at: www.1fast400.com

** EDIT ** Long Term Use: Must be cycled on and off for 4-8 weeks because possiblity of alpha 2 receptor up regulation after prolonged/sustained use.

Last edited: