Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys but what about long term side effects?
I dont specialize on this topic, but, its like running a car at full power ALL the time, it will eventually deteriorate, and not work. What do these things do in the long term to your organism?

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on too many factors but all in all they're pretty much safe I would say as long as they don't influence your endorcine system.

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
for those who say the side effects for whey protein is the farts, farts farts....

wouldn't taking half servings help w/ that?

for instance, instead of taking two servings a day, how about 4 half servings, therefore more stable?

does that help any

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that would help but you want the full amount of protein anyways. 15 grams here and there won't do you much good as 30g at a time.

But yeah I get em too. Today after 35g of Whey before workout and 35g right after and a big chicken dinner I was playing the tuba on my balcony.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Wez
for those who say the side effects for whey protein is the farts, farts farts....

wouldn't taking half servings help w/ that?

for instance, instead of taking two servings a day, how about 4 half servings, therefore more stable?

does that help any
Protien farts from whey protein are caused by taking it with carbs or while having carbs in your system, I think they act as a buffer. When I'm cutting I can take whey protein all day long and not fart once, but when bulking, it's on.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
More Review

Supplement Company: Optimum Nutrition

Supplement Name: Pro Complex (Chocolate, 4.4 lbs)

Pros: Mix of different proteins: Whey Protein Isolates, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumen and Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides. 55 grams of protein per serving (2 scoops). Taste pretty good (for the chocolate one). 1 gram of sugar. Aspartame Free.

Cons: More expensive than 100% Whey from same company. About $40 dollars for the 4.4 lbs vs $25 for 5lbs of 100% Whey.

Side effect: none (perhaps farts?)

Opinion: Taste better than 100% Whey but can't justify the extra price. The variation in protein profile is unnoticeable to me.

Purchase Location: muscledepot

Grade: B-

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
all this about WHEY...what if you use WHEY without working out? What will the results be like?

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
all this about WHEY...what if you use WHEY without working out? What will the results be like?
You're not asking the right question. It isn't about whey really, it's about PROTEIN. Take a look at those stickies at the top of the H&F forum, Diesel recommends anywhere from 1 gram to 2 grams of protein per bodyweight. That means a skinny guy like me (at 150 lbs) needs 150 grams to 300 grams of protein per day!

In order to get that much protein, I need to eat hypothetically like 25 eggs (each egg has 6 g of proteins), not to mention I also eat a lot of fat (5 g of fat from the yolk). Still, that's a lot of eggs. The purpose of whey is to provide a low caloried and low fat alternative to supplement our daily protein intake. Yes, we can still get our protein source from natural food, but whey is just more convenient.

Also, people say whey has much higher absorption rate and whatnot. That's not really important. I buy whey because it is cheap and effective in supplementing my daily protein intake. That's it.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplement Company: Twin Labs

Supplement Name: ZMA FUEL

Pros: Supposedly gives you more testosterone while you sleep. I can't personally tell but I do have some whacked dreams. I had a dream last night my truck was a taxi but it only had 3 wheels and I was scaring the crap out of passengers... HA!

Cons: Umm well none except that I'm not sure how much it works. I've combined it with Tribestan and have gotten some good gains off it.

About $17 for bottle --- bb.com

Side effect: whacked dreams.

Opinion: OK. But get your diet, excersize and Protein/creatine/glutamine in order first. Then if you've got some extra $$ go for the tribestan/zma stack.

Purchase Location: bb.com

Grade: C

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OddTech
You're not asking the right question. It isn't about whey really, it's about PROTEIN. Take a look at those stickies at the top of the H&F forum, Diesel recommends anywhere from 1 gram to 2 grams of protein per bodyweight. That means a skinny guy like me (at 150 lbs) needs 150 grams to 300 grams of protein per day!

In order to get that much protein, I need to eat hypothetically like 25 eggs (each egg has 6 g of proteins), not to mention I also eat a lot of fat (5 g of fat from the yolk). Still, that's a lot of eggs. The purpose of whey is to provide a low caloried and low fat alternative to supplement our daily protein intake. Yes, we can still get our protein source from natural food, but whey is just more convenient.

Also, people say whey has much higher absorption rate and whatnot. That's not really important. I buy whey because it is cheap and effective in supplementing my daily protein intake. That's it.
hmm, everyone always tells me WHEY is USELESS without working out, thats why I asked..so if its a supplement for protein, it should be effective even without working out, correct?

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
hmm, everyone always tells me WHEY is USELESS without working out, thats why I asked..so if its a supplement for protein, it should be effective even without working out, correct?
that's why you get some whey for before/after and a long term protein for mornings and off-days. I prefer Max Muscle High 5 Protein. It stays in your system for 4+ hours (whey only last 1).

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ab-Solved

Supp. Company - Avant Labs

Product - Ab-Solved

Pros - OMG this thing is ****ing amazing, I can't believe how effective this product is...I lost so much ab fat while on it, it's like whoa, i was in a dressing room buying some clothes and I looked and I was stunned, if anything try it, 20 bux thats it!

Cons - Burns like a ***** when you apply it and might give you a rash

Opinion - Great product, most effective localized fat burner out there!

Source - 1fast400.com, i get it within one day and price is good.

Ps - I think i wrote a review for this before, but I don't acare...I'm so happy right now at it's effectiveness, I gota say it again!

gym addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been waiting to try Absolved from Avant Labs as well...I hope it works as well as everyone claims. But knowing Par Deus and Avant I'm sure they'll pull through.

Redg v2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Company - bodyQUICKEN
product - cognamine
PROS - this stuff makes me so focused and aware of myself and my surroundings that I feel zenlike. I've bumped my 3rep bench max from 120 to 200 in 8 weeks (I have a mesomorphic body type, plus I've radically revamped my diet and workout routine, so it may not do the same for you). Muscle memory is outstanding! My proficiency on nunchakus has vastly improved, and virtually every other aspect of my training has skyrocketed. Again, I started taking these concurrently with adopting a vegetarian diet, studying some of Tony Robbins nueroassociate conditioning, and adopting a very physical lifestyle, so how much of my total improvement is actually based on this stuff is hard to accurately measure

CONS - $50/bottle, about 120 for three months. Also seems to be very synergistic with stimulants. When taken around the same time as MET-Rx ExtremeDiet FX (caffeine, DP-phenylalanine, L-carnitine, taurine, L-tyrosine, salacilic acid) I felt almost stoned, but more of a zoning in kind of feeling, which wasn't really bad, just intense.

source - http://www.bodyworx.com/cognamine_bodyquick.html

these guys definitely have at least one repeat customer on their hands

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redg v2.0
Company - bodyQUICKEN
product - cognamine
PROS - this stuff makes me so focused and aware of myself and my surroundings that I feel zenlike. I've bumped my 3rep bench max from 120 to 200 in 8 weeks (I have a mesomorphic body type, plus I've radically revamped my diet and workout routine, so it may not do the same for you). Muscle memory is outstanding! My proficiency on nunchakus has vastly improved, and virtually every other aspect of my training has skyrocketed. Again, I started taking these concurrently with adopting a vegetarian diet, studying some of Tony Robbins nueroassociate conditioning, and adopting a very physical lifestyle, so how much of my total improvement is actually based on this stuff is hard to accurately measure

CONS - $50/bottle, about 120 for three months. Also seems to be very synergistic with stimulants. When taken around the same time as MET-Rx ExtremeDiet FX (caffeine, DP-phenylalanine, L-carnitine, taurine, L-tyrosine, salacilic acid) I felt almost stoned, but more of a zoning in kind of feeling, which wasn't really bad, just intense.

source - http://www.bodyworx.com/cognamine_bodyquick.html

these guys definitely have at least one repeat customer on their hands
Hey would that be something like avant-labs in-rage product? http://www.1fast400.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=447

Redg v2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
enkai, that looks to be more of a host of specific amino acids and CNS stimulants. Cognamine's most important chemicals, at least in imho, are the nootropics, chemicals designed to increase cerebral blood flow and nueral activity. Check out vinpocetine, huperzine A, 2-DMAE, phosphatidylserine, and ciwujia on the web. If you happen to stumble upon something else with the same ensemble of chemicals, please do drop me a line.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is too good a thread to let die... and I saw some questions up about supps that are on here. BumP.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redg v2.0
enkai, that looks to be more of a host of specific amino acids and CNS stimulants. Cognamine's most important chemicals, at least in imho, are the nootropics, chemicals designed to increase cerebral blood flow and nueral activity. Check out vinpocetine, huperzine A, 2-DMAE, phosphatidylserine, and ciwujia on the web. If you happen to stumble upon something else with the same ensemble of chemicals, please do drop me a line.
Hey where can I find this product, because I really need that super focus in the gym these days with work and school it's hard becuase of stress on me, anyhow...can you relate it to any other product such as GNC brand or something becuase that link you posted is not working.