"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
2,393
Reaction score
14
Location
At home
Hey guys but what about long term side effects?
I dont specialize on this topic, but, its like running a car at full power ALL the time, it will eventually deteriorate, and not work. What do these things do in the long term to your organism?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Depends on too many factors but all in all they're pretty much safe I would say as long as they don't influence your endorcine system.
 

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Location
Atlanta, GA
for those who say the side effects for whey protein is the farts, farts farts....

wouldn't taking half servings help w/ that?

for instance, instead of taking two servings a day, how about 4 half servings, therefore more stable?

does that help any
 

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
468
Reaction score
1
Location
The OC
I'm not so sure that would help but you want the full amount of protein anyways. 15 grams here and there won't do you much good as 30g at a time.

But yeah I get em too. Today after 35g of Whey before workout and 35g right after and a big chicken dinner I was playing the tuba on my balcony.
 

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by DJ Wez
for those who say the side effects for whey protein is the farts, farts farts....

wouldn't taking half servings help w/ that?

for instance, instead of taking two servings a day, how about 4 half servings, therefore more stable?

does that help any
Protien farts from whey protein are caused by taking it with carbs or while having carbs in your system, I think they act as a buffer. When I'm cutting I can take whey protein all day long and not fart once, but when bulking, it's on.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
More Review

Supplement Company: Optimum Nutrition

Supplement Name: Pro Complex (Chocolate, 4.4 lbs)

Pros: Mix of different proteins: Whey Protein Isolates, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumen and Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides. 55 grams of protein per serving (2 scoops). Taste pretty good (for the chocolate one). 1 gram of sugar. Aspartame Free.

Cons: More expensive than 100% Whey from same company. About $40 dollars for the 4.4 lbs vs $25 for 5lbs of 100% Whey.

Side effect: none (perhaps farts?)

Opinion: Taste better than 100% Whey but can't justify the extra price. The variation in protein profile is unnoticeable to me.

Purchase Location: muscledepot

Grade: B-
 

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
445
Reaction score
1
all this about WHEY...what if you use WHEY without working out? What will the results be like?
 

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
all this about WHEY...what if you use WHEY without working out? What will the results be like?
You're not asking the right question. It isn't about whey really, it's about PROTEIN. Take a look at those stickies at the top of the H&F forum, Diesel recommends anywhere from 1 gram to 2 grams of protein per bodyweight. That means a skinny guy like me (at 150 lbs) needs 150 grams to 300 grams of protein per day!

In order to get that much protein, I need to eat hypothetically like 25 eggs (each egg has 6 g of proteins), not to mention I also eat a lot of fat (5 g of fat from the yolk). Still, that's a lot of eggs. The purpose of whey is to provide a low caloried and low fat alternative to supplement our daily protein intake. Yes, we can still get our protein source from natural food, but whey is just more convenient.

Also, people say whey has much higher absorption rate and whatnot. That's not really important. I buy whey because it is cheap and effective in supplementing my daily protein intake. That's it.
 

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
468
Reaction score
1
Location
The OC
Supplement Company: Twin Labs

Supplement Name: ZMA FUEL

Pros: Supposedly gives you more testosterone while you sleep. I can't personally tell but I do have some whacked dreams. I had a dream last night my truck was a taxi but it only had 3 wheels and I was scaring the crap out of passengers... HA!


Cons: Umm well none except that I'm not sure how much it works. I've combined it with Tribestan and have gotten some good gains off it.


About $17 for bottle --- bb.com

Side effect: whacked dreams.

Opinion: OK. But get your diet, excersize and Protein/creatine/glutamine in order first. Then if you've got some extra $$ go for the tribestan/zma stack.

Purchase Location: bb.com

Grade: C
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
445
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by OddTech
You're not asking the right question. It isn't about whey really, it's about PROTEIN. Take a look at those stickies at the top of the H&F forum, Diesel recommends anywhere from 1 gram to 2 grams of protein per bodyweight. That means a skinny guy like me (at 150 lbs) needs 150 grams to 300 grams of protein per day!

In order to get that much protein, I need to eat hypothetically like 25 eggs (each egg has 6 g of proteins), not to mention I also eat a lot of fat (5 g of fat from the yolk). Still, that's a lot of eggs. The purpose of whey is to provide a low caloried and low fat alternative to supplement our daily protein intake. Yes, we can still get our protein source from natural food, but whey is just more convenient.

Also, people say whey has much higher absorption rate and whatnot. That's not really important. I buy whey because it is cheap and effective in supplementing my daily protein intake. That's it.
hmm, everyone always tells me WHEY is USELESS without working out, thats why I asked..so if its a supplement for protein, it should be effective even without working out, correct?
 

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
468
Reaction score
1
Location
The OC
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
hmm, everyone always tells me WHEY is USELESS without working out, thats why I asked..so if its a supplement for protein, it should be effective even without working out, correct?
that's why you get some whey for before/after and a long term protein for mornings and off-days. I prefer Max Muscle High 5 Protein. It stays in your system for 4+ hours (whey only last 1).
 

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Ab-Solved

Supp. Company - Avant Labs

Product - Ab-Solved

Pros - OMG this thing is ****ing amazing, I can't believe how effective this product is...I lost so much ab fat while on it, it's like whoa, i was in a dressing room buying some clothes and I looked and I was stunned, if anything try it, 20 bux thats it!

Cons - Burns like a ***** when you apply it and might give you a rash

Opinion - Great product, most effective localized fat burner out there!

Source - 1fast400.com, i get it within one day and price is good.

Ps - I think i wrote a review for this before, but I don't acare...I'm so happy right now at it's effectiveness, I gota say it again!
 

gym addict

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
I've been waiting to try Absolved from Avant Labs as well...I hope it works as well as everyone claims. But knowing Par Deus and Avant I'm sure they'll pull through.
 

Redg v2.0

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
now
Company - bodyQUICKEN
product - cognamine
PROS - this stuff makes me so focused and aware of myself and my surroundings that I feel zenlike. I've bumped my 3rep bench max from 120 to 200 in 8 weeks (I have a mesomorphic body type, plus I've radically revamped my diet and workout routine, so it may not do the same for you). Muscle memory is outstanding! My proficiency on nunchakus has vastly improved, and virtually every other aspect of my training has skyrocketed. Again, I started taking these concurrently with adopting a vegetarian diet, studying some of Tony Robbins nueroassociate conditioning, and adopting a very physical lifestyle, so how much of my total improvement is actually based on this stuff is hard to accurately measure

CONS - $50/bottle, about 120 for three months. Also seems to be very synergistic with stimulants. When taken around the same time as MET-Rx ExtremeDiet FX (caffeine, DP-phenylalanine, L-carnitine, taurine, L-tyrosine, salacilic acid) I felt almost stoned, but more of a zoning in kind of feeling, which wasn't really bad, just intense.

source - http://www.bodyworx.com/cognamine_bodyquick.html

these guys definitely have at least one repeat customer on their hands
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Redg v2.0
Company - bodyQUICKEN
product - cognamine
PROS - this stuff makes me so focused and aware of myself and my surroundings that I feel zenlike. I've bumped my 3rep bench max from 120 to 200 in 8 weeks (I have a mesomorphic body type, plus I've radically revamped my diet and workout routine, so it may not do the same for you). Muscle memory is outstanding! My proficiency on nunchakus has vastly improved, and virtually every other aspect of my training has skyrocketed. Again, I started taking these concurrently with adopting a vegetarian diet, studying some of Tony Robbins nueroassociate conditioning, and adopting a very physical lifestyle, so how much of my total improvement is actually based on this stuff is hard to accurately measure

CONS - $50/bottle, about 120 for three months. Also seems to be very synergistic with stimulants. When taken around the same time as MET-Rx ExtremeDiet FX (caffeine, DP-phenylalanine, L-carnitine, taurine, L-tyrosine, salacilic acid) I felt almost stoned, but more of a zoning in kind of feeling, which wasn't really bad, just intense.

source - http://www.bodyworx.com/cognamine_bodyquick.html

these guys definitely have at least one repeat customer on their hands
Hey would that be something like avant-labs in-rage product? http://www.1fast400.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=447
 

Redg v2.0

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
now
enkai, that looks to be more of a host of specific amino acids and CNS stimulants. Cognamine's most important chemicals, at least in imho, are the nootropics, chemicals designed to increase cerebral blood flow and nueral activity. Check out vinpocetine, huperzine A, 2-DMAE, phosphatidylserine, and ciwujia on the web. If you happen to stumble upon something else with the same ensemble of chemicals, please do drop me a line.
 

semag

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
1
Age
42
this is too good a thread to let die... and I saw some questions up about supps that are on here. BumP.
 

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Redg v2.0
enkai, that looks to be more of a host of specific amino acids and CNS stimulants. Cognamine's most important chemicals, at least in imho, are the nootropics, chemicals designed to increase cerebral blood flow and nueral activity. Check out vinpocetine, huperzine A, 2-DMAE, phosphatidylserine, and ciwujia on the web. If you happen to stumble upon something else with the same ensemble of chemicals, please do drop me a line.
Hey where can I find this product, because I really need that super focus in the gym these days with work and school it's hard becuase of stress on me, anyhow...can you relate it to any other product such as GNC brand or something becuase that link you posted is not working.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top