Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Style and Appearance Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstar

Reaction score
Hey, waddup, this is redstar. I have been frequenting the DJ center for over a year now, but just didn't get the opportunity to give my input yet... until now.

I've learned a lot from this place, and I have great success with girls as a result, so I thought I'd pass down a little something for the up and coming HS DJ's out there.

This is a little guide on style and appearance, because how you look is a huge part of how girls percieve you. Remember, looking good is an acquired art, but I'm gonna break it down for you in a little introductory guide, a primer if ya will.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your Physique and Face

Before we get to the apparel, we need to outline some basic natural appearance guidelines.

YOUR FACE

Alright, let's get first things first... acne is a turnoff! I don't care what they say, if you with a girl, and you're getting close, and she takes a look atcha face, and she sees patchs of pimples, she's gonna be grossed. USE ACNE/FACE WASH! Neutrogena, Clearisel, what ever, just use it AT LEAST TWICE DAILY!

Facial features, you want to have manly facial features. You want at least a semblence of a defined jawline... if you got a baby face, or a fat face, or just an undefined face, you want to change that. Chewing gum seems to work for defining jaw muscles. Losing extra chubby cheeks is gonna help big time, but that applies to all fat in general.. we'll get to that later.

Facial hair anybody? This isn't for everybody, especially those HS DJ's out there who don't got much, or just a peach fuzz. DON'T GROW FACIAL HAIR UNLESS YOU CAN LOOK GOOD IN IT! Personally, I usually sport a mustache, a goatee, and a little patch under my lip. I dun exactly remember what you call it, but I get positive feedback with it.

Unibrows... dun want them. Use pincers to pull them out, don't shave. Or, if you can, get some kind of permanent/semi-permanent remover.

YOUR HAIR

This is probably one the more debatle ones... but I'm gonna give you a couple of styles that's worked for me.

I have black hair, but this works for most folks. I grow it out long, not too long, just long enought to style it.

Here's a couple of examples of what I mean.

Dark Haired (Asians, Southern Europeans):
http://web.mit.edu/dewdrop/www/tony/photos/10/pt37.jpg
http://web.mit.edu/dewdrop/www/tony/photos/10/aaa.jpg

Blonde, Lighter Haired:
http://www.eosdev.com/Illustrations_Quotes/Cyndi/meetjoeblack.jpg
http://www.vox.de/images/home/pr_joe_black_gewinnspiel_142_142.jpg

I also experimented with really short hair, but I prefer the longer hair. Most of the girls I've met say they like long hair, especially the kind that they can run their hands through. IMPORTANT: Take good care of your hair! Don't just shampoo it, use conditioner! A separate conditioner, not just one of those two-in-one things. Wash your hair at least once a day.

YOUR PHYSIQUE

Remember this: lean-cut = sexy, flabby = turnoff. Getting into shape doesn'st just improve the way you look, it also builds up your confidence. I've been working out since the 7th grade (now I'm a Junior in HS), and it's improved my confidence by a lot.

Personally, this is just my opinion, getting big isn't the main focus. In fact, I've been told that big guys are unsexy because they look like muscleheads, big turnoff. I stay LEAN <- key word, and TONED <- key word, without looking like a musclehead. What do I mean? Let me put it this way.... the Lakers... who do you think's got more sex appeal, Shaq or Kobe? By staying lean and toned, I mean being muscular and defined - like Kobe Bryant. He is athletic, fast, and muscular... yet he stays graceful. Shaq? He's muscle central, the guy's built like a beast - if he flexed his arm it would look like someone stuck a bowling ball in his bicep. Is that sexy? No. Just a general analogy, but you get my point.

Favorite workout website: http://www.fitnessonline.com < - excellent for tips on workout, nutrition, STAYING LEAN AND TONED

Your stature... think you're too short? Not to worry, unless you're exceptionally short, say below 5 5, then you're in trouble... but most of ya'll are probably in HS and got plenty more to grow. If not, I recommend this supplement called HeightMax, look it up online. Safe, and you see results. It also produces lean mass, so you can grow taller and get leaner. Also try jumping up and down with ankle weights... a few suggestions.

Apparel

Ah... now we get to clothing... VERY VERY IMPORTANT. The way you dress shows what kind of a person you are. If you dress right, people will think you are confident, affluent (well, at least not indigent), and have a SENSE OF STYLE - a big turn on for girls. When girls talk about guys, how the guy dresses comes up often. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE how important dressing well is. You know that guy at school who wears short shorts, high socks, an old pair of multi-colored nikes, and shirts with Safeway logos on them? You know why he never gets dates? LOL.

You must be thinking, "what should I wear then?" Let me explain....

This is my personal style. I dress semi-preppy and "semi-gangsta".... no, this is not indecisiveness or lack of set style. You gotta show versatility, but without looking like a fool who's too gangsta for his own good. If you've seen Malibu's Most Wanted, you know what I'm talking about.

Who has style? Think P. Diddy, aka Puff Daddy, aka Sean "Puffy" Combs. Think Jay-Z... they can look like a player "In da club" and then pull of a suave look in a three-piece suit. That's style versatility.

Suave:
http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10007000/10007730.jpg
http://www.undercover.com.au/puff3.jpg
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2002-11-09/a7.JPG
http://web.mit.edu/dewdrop/www/tony/photos/10/37.jpg

but wait, you say, I'm not a suit kinda guy... It's about looking classy and stylish, you can accomplish this with a dress shirt, or a suit. There are a lot of examples out there, look at how the stars dress. Brad Pitt dresses pretty decently most of the time, and Tom Cruise can dress well occasionally. Trust me, a pair of black pants, a gray dress shirt can do wonders for you with women.

Hip-Hop:
There are way too many examples, you've probably seen them. But remember, don't go overboard... brands that I recommend:

Shoes: Fubu (white canvas), the new Iversons (the commercial where the guy spills like some catchup on it), Lugz - black boots, Timberlands - it's all good ;)

Pants: Timberlands!!!, ****ies (not hip hop, but the gray ones look nice)... sorry, can't really recommend more cause I'm a Timbs guy

Shirts: I don't wear Fubu shirts, too "black" lol, only the shoes ;), Ecko, Timberland, generic big white shirt - you know what I'm talking about, Jordan

Jackets: Rockawear, Ecko....

Sean John is fashionable, almost everything by them is nice... I'm also liking the new stuff from PNB Nation, go check em out

Jewelry

People have differing opinions on this, but most agree that too much ice is too gay...

I only wear a chain, not too thick or long, with a cross on it. A watch here and there, show you got class and is on the ball. Works out nice for me. You decide, just don't go overboard.

THE BEATER

Ah... perhaps my favorite article of clothing. The beater, also known as an "A-shirt" or a muscle shirt... whatever. We'll call it a beater for the purpose of simplification. I cannot emphasize enough the power of the beater.

What is so great about the beater? It shows off your body without becoming lewd (most places frown down upon shirtlessness), and it makes you look like a badass, especially if you are wearing jewelry, like a simple chain with a cross (me). It also shows confidence, but showing that you are comfortable with your body.

What's the best kind of beater? LOL. People call me a freak, but I don't care. I own probably a beater in every color - black, white, red, gray, and yes... I even have a green beater. It depends on the situation. White is always good, but black has a more "badass" look. I prefer black and white, one's just as good as the other. I live in Arizona, so I get to wear them quite often.

continued below

redstar

Reaction score
HEADGEAR

What to wear on your head... I usually don't wear hats cause I like the way my hair looks. However, I've been known to sport a du-rag once in a while, or a du-rag hat combo, common in hip hop fashion these days. White and black du-rags, usually during basketball because my hair get's in my face, etc. But the rag and hat can look good.

YOUR RIDE

Other than your clothes, probably the most closely associated material object associated with appearance is what you're rolling in. I'm in the process of acquiring a new car, cause rolling in a purple 98 camry's not my idea of a pimp ride...

I understand the fact that most people probably can't afford to my a "nice ride," or is already driving something. But here's my brief guide on a DJ car...

SUV... shows power, especially if you're cruising around in an escalade, but few of us are....

Sports car - this is where it's at. Sports cars suit the DJ style, fast, slick, and versatile.

- Anything from 92 - 04 car.... preferrably celica, prelude, tiburon (only after 96), stealth, eclipse, camaro... these are usually within acceptable price range.

However, if you're a bigger spender... bmw, benz, acura (integra, rsx), lexus...

Extras... rims? You don't got to be rolling on dubs, but nice rims are a must have. A system.. every car needs a nice system.... color... I like black or red, but most colors are good as long as they're aren't too gay, like pink.

MISC.

Anything else? Oh yeah, walking.. walk like a player, a DJ. Back straight, shoulders thrown back.... brush your teeth often (including your tongue).

Cellphones: every DJ needs a cell. I have a motorola V. 66, nice, small stylish. You be the judge, as long as it ain't huge, it should suit the purpose.

That's it, holla back at me with your comments. No hating... please ;)

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mean to offend, but you are a foreign nationality right?

No whiteboys with du-rags.

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha you'll rock a du-rag but not a fubu shirt cause its "too black".. thats makes sense.. wait it doesnt

otherwise decent post, but very subjective. there are many different types of dj's and many different styles that go along with them.

redstar

Reaction score
For guys with long hair, du-rags are the best way to keep it outta your face when you're playing bball or any other sport.

There's plenty of Asians, white guys who wear du-rags, like Eminem, Jin, Southstar, but who don't wear Fubu. Fubu stands for For Us By Us, referring to blacks. Du-rags have black connotations, but they don't have any explicit connotations like "For Us By Us."

A player is a player is a player, it doesn't matter what race you are. If you can wear it and look good, look natural, then no one's gonna question it. Look at Eminem, nobody calls him a tripped-out white boy who wants to be a gangsta... he is a gangsta! He gets more respect than any black artist in the hip hop industry.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by redstar
Look at Eminem, nobody calls him a tripped-out white boy who wants to be a gangsta...
...incorrect :D

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry I disagree with the idea behind your post. I am a firm believer in non-conformity, and I think the whole idea behind being a DJ is being unique. You're telling us, for the most part, to basically to look the same (suits, long hair, brad pitt, puff daddy, etc).

I wear what I want and I style my hair nice and short, so that I won't even have to bother combing it. I have thick hair so I can't possibly look good in long hair. I won't try to look like Brad Pitt; just myself.

Don't mean to sound offensive but I really oppose conformity.

redstar

Reaction score
Well, means to an end... right? Eminem probably gets more action than any rapper in the industry. Bottom line, Eminem is a chick magnet. But I understand why you pointed out the white-boy who wants to be black stigma.

maos:

Conformity... getting a little intellectual are we? You reject conformity, yet you come to this website to learn and adopt tactics to deal with women. I smell hypocrisy. You can go on being "non-conformist," but you know who else is non-confromist? That guy in your school whose picks his nose and then eats (it). By coming to this forum you are indicating that you are willing, and you want to learn how to get girls. If not, then what the hell are you doing here?

If you already got an idea of what a "DJ" is and don't need to "conform" like the rest of us mindless folk, then why don't you be an individual and get the hell outta this forum. I don't appreciate, and I bet other forummers don't appreciate you calling us mindless conformists. There are countless threads in this forum that give tips about style, how to look, and how to act... cause it's a frickin tips forum! I'm just giving my input, because after learning so much, I think it's only fair to give back.

sublime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, means to an end... right? Eminem probably gets more action than any rapper in the industry. Bottom line, Eminem is a chick magnet. But I understand why you pointed out the white-boy who wants to be black stigma.

maos:

Conformity... getting a little intellectual are we? You reject conformity, yet you come to this website to learn and adopt tactics to deal with women. I smell hypocrisy. You can go on being "non-conformist," but you know who else is non-confromist? That guy in your school whose picks his nose and then eats (it). By coming to this forum you are indicating that you are willing, and you want to learn how to get girls. If not, then what the hell are you doing here?

If you already got an idea of what a "DJ" is and don't need to "conform" like the rest of us mindless folk, then why don't you be an individual and get the hell outta this forum. I don't appreciate, and I bet other forummers don't appreciate you calling us mindless conformists. There are countless threads in this forum that give tips about style, how to look, and how to act... cause it's a frickin tips forum! I'm just giving my input, because after learning so much, I think it's only fair to give back.
big difference between learning and not conforming there, kid.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A player is a player is a player, it doesn't matter what race you are. If you can wear it and look good, look natural, then no one's gonna question it. Look at Eminem, nobody calls him a tripped-out white boy who wants to be a gangsta... he is a gangsta! He gets more respect than any black artist in the hip hop industry.
1. Umm...i dont think so son. Just cause you wear and it think you look good doesnt mean no ones gonna question it. When i see a white kid or any other kid thats not black with a du rag, it makes me wonder if theyre wearing it just to look "cool" or whatever. As suprising as it may sound, it actually has a logically purpose, not one as absurd as to keeping long hair out of your face. In that case tie that shyt up.

2. ACTUALLY, people do call eminem a wanna be mr. smart guy. He is NOT a gangsta. The reason why he gets soooo much respect?? Because of his fuking skills that he has a raping. No way in hell because people think hes a "gangsta", that would be EXTREMELY shallow. You need to check the things before you say so you dont come off sounding like a dumbass.

No offensive ;)

redstar

Reaction score
lol

So a white kid who wears a du rag and "black" clothes is an idiot? Oak, I'd suggest you take a look at what you just wrote before calling someone else a dumbass. You think Eminem would get respect if he wore parachute pants and a fur vest when he raps? Hip hop is a lifestyle, not just a style of music.

It's very narrow-minded of you to belive that rap music, and the culture associated with it, is exclusively black. Face it, in today's society, so much of popular culture is influenced by what started out originally as black music, that hip hop culture and apparel cannot be considered the sole realm of black people. There are plenty of white kids out there who wear Sean John, or Ecko, or Rocawear, does that make them all wannabes? I bet you yourself even sport clothing that is, or was, considered "black."

Also, I defy anyone here to look for a part in my message where I explicitly stated that "EVERYONE SHOULD BE LIKE THIS." "Conformity" in its already rather ambigious definition is being taken to the extreme by some of you. If you argue that being a confomist is taking somone else's tip on how to dress, then one could also argue that taking advice from the DJ Center such as the tenets of "being a challenge" would also be to submit to conformity.

Take it for what it is, an advice column on how to expand your opportunities with girls, like so many other advice threads in this forum. If I was pulling this **** out of my ass, then you could attack it, but this is from gathering info from girls and personal experience. If it's not your style, don't take it... but don't insult white kids who wear du-rags, etc., there's plenty of caucasian, suburbian teenagers out there who look to people like Eminem as an icon, but yet can be their own person by dressing a certain way because they want to, not because they want to promote some kind of "superficial image."

Digest that before commenting Oak, it would make you sound a lot more intelligent by recognizing the opposition.

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score

maos:

I reject conformity and I didn't come to this site to copy other peoples' way of attracting women. I read the information and read the experiences others have to offer. I then develope my own strategies. Just because someone attracted a girl by saying, "damn you're fine lets go out now", doesn't mean I'll do it. It can give me a sense of what works.

I rather be the kid who picks his nose and eats what he picks, than be the kid who acts exactly like all the popular kids, just to be .... popular.

I don't care what this site says. There is absolutely no way that girls will find conformists more attractive than individuals. Didn't you understand the countless posts on being a LEADER, or the ALPHA MALE? The whole idea behind those is to not act like others, but to be better than them.

Anyway, I laugh at those kids that conform to others.

Hemilaya_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here We Go Again

It seems that the more I read these replies, the more you guys dislike this guy. Why is that? Is it because he was trying to help? Sure, maybe you feel he is conforming or that dew rags for white guys is dumb, but I though that the point of this forum was to help and encourage, not to tear down adn discourage. I am actualy saddened by all of these replies, because they are all pretty much the same. Sorta like a bandwagon. One person says one thing, then another person... conforms (if you will) and says the same thing only rephrased. I understood exactly what the point of this post was... which was to help some of the people here that don't know a lot about style. The way I see it... if you didn't need help with style, then why did you read his post? Just so you could approve or disapprove of what he said? That's not cool.. at all.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, waddup, this is redstar. I have been frequenting the DJ center for over a year now, but just didn't get the opportunity to give my input yet... until now.

I've learned a lot from this place, and I have great success with girls as a result, so I thought I'd pass down a little something for the up and coming HS DJ's out there.

This is a little guide on style and appearance, because how you look is a huge part of how girls percieve you. Remember, looking good is an acquired art, but I'm gonna break it down for you in a little introductory guide, a primer if ya will.

give the guy a break...

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

By the way, conformity is a tool of the Don Juan. It's called blending in. When you're on the inside, you can do what you want. Until then, you're just a chump.

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't dislike this guy - I don't even know him. As he is trying to help others, I am also, by saying that his ideas are wrong and I don't think people should follow it. It is just my input. Not an attempt at offending him.

As for the person who said "conforming is being a DJ because you have to blend in", go read the multiple posts that say "be a leader". The idea isn't to blend in, it is to rise above the others.

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24781 - In case you guys needed a direct reference...

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

So a white kid who wears a du rag and "black" clothes is an idiot? Oak, I'd suggest you take a look at what you just wrote before calling someone else a dumbass. You think Eminem would get respect if he wore parachute pants and a fur vest when he raps? Hip hop is a lifestyle, not just a style of music.

WTF?? I didnt say that, you need to pay a lot more attention to what i said before you start putting words in my mouth. If he did wear parachute pants i highly doubt he would be in the rap industry. Dont try to tell me something that i already know

It's very narrow-minded of you to belive that rap music, and the culture associated with it, is exclusively black. Face it, in today's society, so much of popular culture is influenced by what started out originally as black music, that hip hop culture and apparel cannot be considered the sole realm of black people. There are plenty of white kids out there who wear Sean John, or Ecko, or Rocawear, does that make them all wannabes? I bet you yourself even sport clothing that is, or was, considered "black."

You such a profound state of ignorance to tell me what i believe based on the fact on how you perceived my previous post. In no way, shape or form, did i incinuate thats its excusivly black AT ALL. I stated my opinion about DU RAGS!! I didnt even touch on the fact about clothing. I dont consider any clothing "black" clothing, its all a style. And as a matter of fact i do wear clothes like that.

Digest that before commenting Oak, it would make you sound a lot more intelligent by recognizing the opposition.
It would make you sound more intelligent if you were to pay more attention to what i truly said, instead of disecting it and changing it to fit your mold of what you want it to say.

CaptianMorgan

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i hate the hip-hop lifestyle. Everyone that wears ecko and fubu and then tries to act all hard, I look at them like there nothing more than a bunch of dumb monkeys and good for nothing more than having bananas thrown at them. There all fake, all of them. The only girls they pick up are the sl**s and the h**s if they are lucky. The only thing that needs to be said about your cloths is to have your own style. Be classy and comfortable. And get real, you dont see people dressing and acting like this running anything big. there not powerful people and there all fake. Dont try to be gangster, o my bad i mean gangsta.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptianMorgan
personally i hate the hip-hop lifestyle. Everyone that wears ecko and fubu and then tries to act all hard, I look at them like there nothing more than a bunch of dumb monkeys and good for nothing more than having bananas thrown at them. There all fake, all of them. The only girls they pick up are the sl**s and the h**s if they are lucky. The only thing that needs to be said about your cloths is to have your own style. Be classy and comfortable. And get real, you dont see people dressing and acting like this running anything big. there not powerful people and there all fake. Dont try to be gangster, o my bad i mean gangsta.
I don't know if you meant that in a racist manner (monkey?) but regardless, that is the moderator's business not my own....

-- I'll settle this with what Jester told me a really long time ago (with a bit of my own experince thrown in).

Be completly satisfied with your body (physically). If you want a huge body, go for it, if you want a ripped body go for it. Whatever the case.

Get a good looking haircut. Don't let other's decide what hair you'll wear, decide what you think looks good on you. Asking your barber won't hurt, aslong as you tell him/her the sphere of which they may choose from...

Dress in a manner which fits that of the girls you wish to attract. If you want a prep girl, dress prep (etc. etc.). Dress well, the man makes the clotheing, not the other way around -- so just make sure you think you look good.

It's that fxcking easy. Don't take other people's advice on how to look, now that is fxcking conformity.

Hemilaya_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody that wears fubu or "gangsta" clothes runs anything big?
WoW, you gotta be kidding me. Russel Simmons (Def Jam Records, Phat Farm) , Jay-Z (Roca Wear, Roca Fella Records), P. Diddy (Sean John, Bad Boy Records), LLCoolJ, Dr. Dre, should I keep going? Please Morgan, don't speak unless you're spoken to... which will never happen... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.