Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stuff Learned during the last 1.5 Years

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuff Learnt during last 1.5 Years

Thoughts on Bigger Arms

My arms were stuck at 35 cm forever. I just couldn't get them to grow at all. Weighing 175 lbs and having 35 cm arms is just pathetic. Well it's better than having 29 cm arms.

I wondered what's the problem, why won't my arms grow? I curled alot but never moved up in weights. These last few months have been really inspiring because most body parts have just shoot up like never before. The answer to why my arms didn't grow was lack of rowing and CG chinups. So if you want big arms I really recommend training with rows alot. Now I am around 170-172 lbs with 36.5 cm, the last month they have grown like 1.5 cm just from focusing alot on rows and SUPPLEMENTING with curls.

It's not the details
Don't get caught up in small details which will have very little impact on your training. Don't worry about when you should have that flaxseed intake or if you get a better workout if you eat 37 minutes before the workout or not. Focus on the things that really matter.

* Make sure you get enough calories
* Make sure never to talk yourself out of the basic exercises
* Make sure to eat as clean as possilbe
* Make sure you keep proper form and leave the ego at the door

That's about it.

Minimizing Plateaus

I've noticed alot thorugh trial and error that I can get a big new record every week for around four weeks before things start to even out. I used to continue and rep like a maniac to break through but it didnt work.

What I realized these last months is that I get alot better success if I cycle the exercises. Say I am making new records to say military presses for a four weeks and then it even out. Instead of continuing doing more military presses I focus on the db presses. This is a very easy way to improve faster. Sometimes it is just not good enough to change the order of the exercises, you need to add something new and remove even if it is only for a couple of weeks. Make a list of your major compound exercises and have a "backup" to use when you even out.

For example:

Triceps:
Skull crushers <-> Dips
Military press <-> Db Press
Db Bench <-> Standard Bench
Deadlifts <-> Power Cleans
Squats <-> not found good replacement
Barbell Rows <-> Db Rows
etc...

Squats

This is one of the easiest exercises to cheat in. It's so easy to think to yourself and say that you are going low enough or you rep with good form with monster weight.

Key to growing them legs is to have as little influence by the back as possible. For tall people this is hard because they will have to lean forward to stabilize, but pick a weight you can rep without getting help from the back.

On the depths, IMO the deeper the better unless you are powerlifting. Go ATG if you are agile enough, keep good form and the legs will soon start to grow.

Deadlifts

For a long time I did only touch and go deadlifts, reping a good rep the first time and then continuing to rep until failure without stop by just touching the floor and lifting it up again.

The major reasons this thing was flawed for me was I didn't have a good max compared to my rep weight. (repping 140, maxing 145). So I went over to singles. By this I mean lifting the weight once and then returning to the floor standing up and then immidatly go to the start position and do another rep. This is great for me because it build up the lower part of the lift which I neglected, and it is much easier to maintain a good form, thus saving your back from horrible form in the end of the last reps.

Great way of eating just the right amount

I used to follow diesels guide pretty much all the way... but I didn't have any clue of how much my body needed in terms of calories so I added alot of fat.

The best way I've found to eat just the right amount is to feel on the training.

If you are tired you are eating too little carbs.
If your lifts doesn't go up then you are probably eating too little protein
If your lifts doesn't go up and you feel tired you are probably eating too few calories.

Just following these three statements have helped me immense.

Growing Calves

Okey, another issue for me. My calves were stuck around 40 cm for a long while. Key to increasing calf size IMO is to cut down on the weight and do full reps and then start to increase again. the last part where you go up on your toes really help that sucker to grow. Another thing is to be really adamant with the willpower. Never give up when doing calf raises. Even if you are lifting 1 mm at a time, get that damn rep... it will burn and feel like ****.

My friend tried the little calf routine I put together. It's 1 set of 6-10 calf raises, then resting for 15 breaths (inhale and exhale 14 times and on the 15 inhale start lifting again). Do as many reps as you can with the same willpower. Then take some rest and then finish with a last set.

Tried some negatives last time and they gave extra feel the day after. Might work good to increase size.. I'm gonna check that out. A negative is when you get help to lift a weight up but control the negative part of the lift yourself. You can manage more weight in the negative part of the exercise most of the time.

On Whey

Personally I don't get the people who advocate alot about not relying on shakes and stuff... I don't eat much meat because I cannot simply afford it. Some eggs sometimes and meat when I am visiting people but mostly I chunk down six scoops whey a day in milk and live happily ever after. It is very possible to live on shakes and stuff and still grow pretty good. Maybe not the best way but if you cannot avoid it, it's okey.

Just wanted to clear my head. Maybe this is useful for some of you. =)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points mate, though I don't agree about the lots of whey thing .. okay, it'll get you up to a point but after that you need the anabolic qualities of solid food. 50/50 whey/solid protein is fine.

As for calories then the easiest way is fats as you said. Olive/flax oil in your protein drinks for a start.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks life,

one of the best posts in regard to lifting i have read as it covered everything and sorted out a lot of probs most people have (plateaus etc.)

I love these kind of posts - they cover everything and are packed with info.

I want more of these from you life! :)

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yeah MF, it's pretty hard to cheat on the front squats. They feel awesome though, but I prefer the back squat.. it just feels more manly :D But your Front squats is really inspiring to read about! Strong ****.

Really happy you appreciate it silver it's worth to write down if someone get something out of it. Even though I am sure most of this stuff is pretty basic?

Thanks Effort... I read that post before and it's just gold. If you have more articles like that I'm happy to get some more reading done =) Recommend everyone to check that thread out.

Warboss... Yeah you are probably right on this. Currently I get around 80% of the protein from shakes and that's just bad... and buying 8 kg of bad tasting protein makes getting it down every day as tough as a widowmaker. Just want to point out it's possible to get up in some size even if the focus is on whey protein.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ummm you buy optimum whey right?? taste the protein i used to buy then you know what tastes like real **** :p

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no.. I go with star nutrition. (the stuff Magnus Samulesson uses) =) The raspberry variant and it's so awful it's almost deadly. Looks like blood and guts mixed together.. yuck

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Stuff Learnt during last 1.5 Years

Originally posted by Lifeforce
Thoughts on Bigger Arms

On Whey

Personally I don't get the people who advocate alot about not relying on shakes and stuff... I don't eat much meat because I cannot simply afford it. Some eggs sometimes and meat when I am visiting people but mostly I chunk down six scoops whey a day in milk and live happily ever after. It is very possible to live on shakes and stuff and still grow pretty good. Maybe not the best way but if you cannot avoid it, it's okey.

Just wanted to clear my head. Maybe this is useful for some of you. =)
Thanks for that, man! I have trouble getting the proper protein a day. I feel like an idiot now: I didn't know I could use whey besides after the Post Workout.

Another thing, I don't know if you have a pic, but I'm currently 105 lbs. at 15 years old. I'm just not motivated I guess, but I want to quit being a skinny mother****er!! Could you show some before and after pictures since you were bulking for 1.5 years? How long did it take you to reach your goal? :D

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no.. I go with star nutrition. (the stuff Magnus Samulesson uses) =) The raspberry variant and it's so awful it's almost deadly. Looks like blood and guts mixed together.. yuck
Get MRM. They make the best tasting protein I've ever had, period.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Stuff Learnt during last 1.5 Years

Originally posted by Bling
Thanks for that, man! I have trouble getting the proper protein a day. I feel like an idiot now: I didn't know I could use whey besides after the Post Workout.

Another thing, I don't know if you have a pic, but I'm currently 105 lbs. at 15 years old. I'm just not motivated I guess, but I want to quit being a skinny mother****er!! Could you show some before and after pictures since you were bulking for 1.5 years? How long did it take you to reach your goal? :D
Thanks semag =)

Some pics

Before after 135-175
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214486

After cut from 175-165
chest
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214483
Back
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=221490
wheels
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214485

Note that these pics are a little old.. I haven't taken a pic of myself in quite some time. Mainly my upper body is larger. Haven't really reached my goal yet...

MF - Thanks man.. I'm gonna check it up and see if I can get it to a cheap prize.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce, impressive. Have you ever considered creating your own story for bodybuilding.com ? I'm sure they'd take you in, plus besides getting some 5 minute fame, you'd get discounts on their products too and get to meet the people behind the site.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss... Yeah you are probably right on this. Currently I get around 80% of the protein from shakes and that's just bad... and buying 8 kg of bad tasting protein makes getting it down every day as tough as a widowmaker. Just want to point out it's possible to get up in some size even if the focus is on whey protein.
Food must be really expensive in scandinavia. I know a few norwegians, they're always going on about the price of red meat and stuff ...

If 8kg of protein is cheaper than the equivalent protein content of a selection of solid food then things must be bad!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonJuanMonk
Lifeforce, impressive. Have you ever considered creating your own story for bodybuilding.com ? I'm sure they'd take you in, plus besides getting some 5 minute fame, you'd get discounts on their products too and get to meet the people behind the site.
Thanks man... no.. it's not really my thing to write stuff like that... I'm not that comfortable yet with the change.. when I hit 180 under 10% BF, then we are talking something =D

Hey apprecite it MF. Added a bit too much fat on the bulk so I am not bulking now just lifting and it has really made alot of positive changes.

I checked it up but I couldn't find it. Star nutrition have some good flavors... I expeced this one to taste well.. but it didn't...

Warboss... I think we are the top five of the most expensive food in the world. Well... combine this with the highest taxes in the world and you got yourself a big hole in your pocket where the money disappear into.

Whey is not only cheaper.. it's WAY cheaper than the meat. If it was the other way around I'd eat six steakes a day. It's pain gulping down that **** every day.