Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

(Study) Wearing a weighted vest for 8 hours a day significantly speeds up weight/fat loss

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just started wearing mine, first week...I would highly recommend an APEX Up one which is a runners vest and is super comfy and not bulky at all.
Is it small enough to wear at work (office job)?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Is it small enough to wear at work (office job)?
For sure. It's kind of like wearing a very small life vest. Kinda like between the size of a back brace and the size a life vest. I have the largest one, 30lbs and it's fine, but if you get any of the smaller ones(they go in 5lb increments) they would be even smaller.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
6 days into this wearing a 30lb vest 10-12 hours a day and I can say a few things...

1) You sweat a LOT with this so make sure to drink extra water. And potentially some electrolytes. Even just walking around makes you sweat. Any type of activity makes you sweat double.

2) Shoulders/traps were pretty sore for the first 4-5 days. Yesterday wasn't too bad tho. Think my body is getting used to it.

3) certain exercises can be a little weird with the vest on, especially stuff where you are laying against the bench takes a little bit to get used to it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Had to modify my plans after wearing it 2 weeks straight for 10-12 hours a day.

On the 14th day my body felt like it had been run over by a truck, my heart rate was 10-12 bpm elevated overnight and I had trouble sleeping. Classic overtraining/stress reactions by the body. So I have decided to go either a 2 on/2 off or 2 on/1 off split depending on how my body feels by the end of the week this week.

I believe this is because I had a heavier vest at 30lbs when for my bodyweight, a 20lb vest would have been recommended.

So I will say do not underestimate that component. It's not the weight on any one day that is the issue, it's the constant weight being carried around day after day while you are doing everything that ends up catching up to you. I'd recommend a vest around 10-12% of your bodyweight so it would be easier to wear longer.

That being said, it appears my body put on muscle while losing fat because my weight stayed stable but my waist size dropped, I look leaner and my veins in my arms are just looking very spidery now.

Estimated tape measure average has me in the mid 12s now where I was in the low 14s prior.

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good.

Been through the overtraining thing. Sometimes you don't recognize it at first. It creeps on you.

I might start with a 10 pound vest (145 lbs bodyweight) and wear while I'm at work (9 hours).

If I do 15 or 20lbs., I would likely wear it half the day (4-5 hours). And then take it off after lunch.

I'd probably feel like superman for the last half of the day