Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Study: Romantic Relationships turn women off more than men

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Their average age was 50.
In other words, the average 50yrs old woman with plenty baggage from previous relationships, is not interested in adding any more and would rather live with a cat.

CBear

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"sexual adults who, in the second year of the survey, were either single and not dating, or single and dating but did not have a committed romantic partner. Their average age was 50. The participants were asked how important it was to them to have a long-term committed romantic partner; people who said it was not at all important (39 percent) were compared to those who said it was at least somewhat important."

"For those who did have previous romantic relationship experience, the results were exactly the opposite. Women were more likely than the men to say that having a romantic partner was not at all important"

Lmao OP what are we talking about here? The way you worded it is the interesting thing out of all of this. What's with the general statement? if one is looking for a 50 year old woman who's had plenty of romantic relationships before them, then yes, those women will be turned off and be less hopeful. Which means that if one is looking for a younger woman who hasn't already had her best, those women will be turned on by it. They won't be emotionally numbed out by it. Seems fairly obvious.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the average 50yrs old woman with plenty baggage from previous relationships, is not interested in adding any more and would rather live with a cat.
if one is looking for a 50 year old woman who's had plenty of romantic relationships before them, then yes, those women will be turned off and be less hopeful. Which means that if one is looking for a younger woman who hasn't already had her best, those women will be turned on by it. They won't be emotionally numbed out by it. Seems fairly obvious.
Few SoSuave forum participants are chasing 50 year old women with previous relationships, likely failed marriages with children who might still be under age 18.

There are 50-65 year old men who might end up chasing some of these women due to a lack of options in general and some blue pill beliefs.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can hardly take seriously a 30yrs old woman talking about romantic relationships ... and that's if she looks younger than her years and quite innocent.
A 50yrs old woman talking about romantic relationships is grotesque. What's next, am I supposed to sit down and listen to an overweight 50yrs old guy saying how he wants to play in the Premier League? :rolleyes:

M

member162951

Interesting article! I read it, did anyone else? Besides the OP?

The below was taken directly from the article:

>>Another way to think about the findings is this: For the heterosexual men, if they have romantic relationship experience, they are more likely to want more; for the women, if they have romantic relationship experience, they are LESS likely to want more. In fact, for the women who were previously married, more than half say that having a romantic partner is not at all important.<<

I have my own thoughts about this but what does this tell ya? Or at least suggest?

I see quite a bit of negativity towards women on this forum from some members (not all), that most are not "wife-material," are illogical," "irrelevant" or "hoes," lack empathy, can't be trusted, etc.

Well, if women are so horrible, why are men (according to the article and the excerpt I took from it) wanting to repeat the relationship/marriage experience when a relationship/marriage ends?

And in turn, why are women NOT wanting to repeat the experience when a relationship/marriage ends?

Statistics show the majority of divorces are initiated by women. Did you ever stop to think why that is other than that the woman wants to "trade up" or she was never "wife material" in the first place? Or attaching some other equally negative adjective to her character and personality?

Have any of you looked in the mirror and considered the possibility that you yourselves (as men - generic) aren't/weren't "husband-material"? And THAT is why women file for divorce and like the article states, DON'T want to repeat the experience?

I'm not accusing, just asking.

Look I'm not posting this to trash anyone here or men in general. Only to suggest to look I'm the mirror at your own behaviors. Just as I think women should as well!!

I have said this before and will say again, both genders have their flaws. Both genders can be liars, cheaters, untrustworthy pieces of shyt.

Both genders struggle.

I read parts of The Rational Male, I've heard Rollo speak at seminars, podcasts etc.

He's been happily MARRIED for close to 30 years and raising a daughter.

Where does he get off advising men to remain single? And that marriage is a shyt show and men should NOT commit and "spin plates"?

I mean really? You've been happily married for 27 years!

He's about as opportunistic as they come and a total hypocrite and laughing all the way to bank.

It's sad that many of you think he's GOD.

$.02

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if women are so horrible, why are men (according to the article and the excerpt I took from it) wanting to repeat the relationship/marriage experience when a relationship ends?

And in turn, why are women NOT wanting to repeat the experience when a relationship ends?
Because conquering hardships and learning from experience is what makes a leader. Normal male - female dynamics dictate that women look for leadership qualities in a man while guys look for purity, fertility in a woman. In that sense, life experience counts as an asset for a man, but a liability for a woman. And up to a certain point, time works in favor of the guy ... a 45yrs old guy can look forward to starting a family, whereas a woman of the same age normally can't.
Have any of you looked in the mirror and considered that perhaps you yourselves weren't "husband-material"? And THAT is why women file for divorce and like the article states, DON'T want to repeat the experience?
Absolutely, like attracts like. Both parties can't be very different from each other, or there wouldn't have been a relationship, let alone marriage to begin with.
I read parts of The Rational Male, I've heard Rollo speak at seminars, podcasts etc.

Where does he get off advising men to remain single? And that marriage is a shyt show and men should NOT commit and "spin plates"?
He talks like that because he's NOT happily married. The guy is a joke. His wife is a woman 3-4yrs older than him who was dating (yeah right, let's call a spade a spade and say she was having sex) 2 other guys when she started dating him. And Rollo married her within 6 months, like the ultimate beta who hadn't seen pvssy in his life and was afraid he won't see another unless he married her.
He's about as opportunistic as they come and a total hypocrite and laughing all the way to bank.

It's sad that many of you think he's GOD.
100%.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 50yrs old woman talking about romantic relationships is grotesque.
Isn’t it reasonable for someone who is single at that age, man or woman?

M

member162951

Because conquering hardships and learning from experience is what makes a leader. Normal male - female dynamics dictate that women look for leadership qualities in a man while guys look for purity, fertility in a woman. In that sense, life experience counts as an asset for a man, but a liability for a woman. And up to a certain point, time works in favor of the guy ... a 45yrs old guy can look forward to starting a family, whereas a woman of the same age normally can't.

Absolutely, like attracts like. Both parties can't be very different from each other, or there wouldn't have been a relationship, let alone marriage to begin with.

He talks like that because he's NOT happily married. The guy is a joke. His wife is a woman 3-4yrs older than him who was dating (yeah right, let's call a spade a spade and say she was having sex) 2 other guys when she started dating him. And Rollo married her within 6 months, like the ultimate beta who hadn't seen pvssy in his life and was afraid he won't see another unless he married her.

100%.
Wow, I did not expect this^ response from you @pipeman84 and appreciate your perspective about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
read parts of The Rational Male, I've heard Rollo speak at seminars, podcasts etc.
He is a sickening perma whiner who in recent years generously pours contempt on his audience and men generally.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have any of you looked in the mirror and considered the possibility that you yourselves (as men - generic) aren't/weren't "husband-material"?
A common cope I’ve read is, “The best choice I made was never getting married.” Though it certainly is not a cope for all who say it, those who do use it as a cope are men who no one wanted to marry in the first place.

M

member162951

This is a valid point. It's been said opposites attract and in some ways they do - yin/yang and all that.

But when it comes right down to it, we're probably more alike in many ways than we may think.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a valid point. It's been said opposites attract and in some ways they do - yin/yang and all that.

But when it comes right down to it, we're probably more alike in many ways than we may think.
That was a conundrum for me for a little while, but I think I found a perfectly good explanation:
like attracts like is true as far as whole being, the character of the persons in the relationship is concerned
opposites attract in the sense that masculine guys attract feminine women.
Isn’t it reasonable for someone who is single at that age, man or woman?
Not in my view ... romanticism is strongly correlated with purity, innocence and fertility in a woman. Think about movies, scenarios that depict romantic scenes ... can you picture a 50yrs old woman in that, unless it's a parody? A man can still act like a father figure at that age, provided he finds the right woman. So in that case I don't see anything wrong with him looking for a romantic relationship.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.women have been found to be the ones turned off by romantic relationships more than men in this study...
This isn't a serious study, so the premise of this thread is factually wrong and this thread discussion is useless.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most are some combination of boring, lame, not conversational, not sexual, doesn't have their life/career together or has no ambition.
I see. Perhaps I am in a biased crowd. The men I work with, my friends, male family members, and I, though we are not the most exciting people, do not fit that description and we have women.

You’ve observed something different. I asked you about that because I’ve wondered if this observation of such large amounts of schleps out there is true and I’ve been inclined think more about women’s outrageous and sometimes ridiculous demands and “standards”.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was a conundrum for me for a little while, but I think I found a perfectly good explanation:
like attracts like is true as far as whole being, the character of the persons in the relationship is concerned
opposites attract in the sense that masculine guys attract feminine women.

Not in my view ... romanticism is strongly correlated with purity, innocence and fertility in a woman. Think about movies, scenarios that depict romantic scenes ... can you picture a 50yrs old woman in that, unless it's a parody? A man can still act like a father figure at that age, provided he finds the right woman. So in that case I don't see anything wrong with him looking for a romantic relationship.
I think it’s reasonable for a widow or woman divorced for acceptable reason (abuse, infidelity, or abandonment) to seek a partner

At that point of life and in such a situation, the man seeking such a woman is not expecting virginity and fertility and likely has baggage or damage and kids of his own.

I understand an ideal often spoken about on here is the 50 to 70 year old wealthy silver fox (or the shoe-polish fox) with a hefty portfolio, McMansion, adult toys, and leathery, red skin from excessive tanning and roid use, bedding down a harem of eighteen to 22 year olds.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I brought this up in a previous post. If men don't see the hypocrisy a 50 year old guy is telling his listeners, any average girl would make their head spin in 52 seconds, let alone a hot one.

Rollo has to say "Do as I say, not as I do" because it makes him money;
his podcasts are juicy when they trash women and tell men to sleep around, not commit, etc. Gives good ratings, its tantalizing, its sexy, it gets to men's emotions.

Can imagine a podcast with Rollo saying "Find your one soulmate in your 20s and stick with her and don't have sex any other woman ever." First of all, it's not juicy, wouldn't make good ratings. Second, men can't find that easily, so they would end up trashing him and it would make him look bad.

But to say "Don't commit, don't have kids." Men can do that easily and feel good about it....great for him.