Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Study on height and success with women.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/tall13.shtml

This study is a decade old, but something about really stood out to me. You don't have to be significantly shorter than average to have it effect your desirability to women. You only have to be just an inch shorter than average height for it to make a difference. I had no idea that the margins were that slim. I thought height only started become a real problem once you are down to like 5'7" and below, but I guess I was wrong.

Jesus

Don Juan
Reaction score
This article contains shocking and enlightening information.

E

Energizer

I am 5ft 7in and it hasn't made much difference to me, I have never attracted that many women, but I attract enough to know that I don't resemble Quasimodo. It is interesting though.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it seemed as if the tall guys got all the girls in high school, it wasn't your imagination.
The tall guys, the athletic guys, the older guys, they all had lots of girls.
I didn't because I wasn't tall enough, athletic enough or old enough to pull.
Now I/we can all sleep well at night since it wasn't our fault per se. :crazy:

Wait! I then became the senior, taller and athletic (ok, the latter is a lie :rolleyes: ) and still didn't pull chicks. Could it have been because of MY PERSONALITY??

No way! It was definitely the height, lol

But the numbers clearly stack up against shorter guys.
I can't wait to see...

medical records of about 3,200 Polish men ages 25 to 60 and found that childless men were on average 1.2 inches shorter than men who had at least one child.
oh, boy, I hope all those men grew up in a similar environment, had a similar personality, financial situation and goals or we'll have to call this study invalid...

And why is getting married and having children a measure of success?

However, Dunbar said the numbers clearly show that women favor taller men
Yes, they do! I read a similar thing on another forum, lol
Women themselves said it!
But unless they are excessively taller than you and you are a DJ, I guess they can't help and jump your bones.

I know this guy; some say he's short, but I don't find him like so. I find him average.
He has fvcked younger, older, taller, shorter, smart, stupid, shy or ****y women (picked up in lots and lots of different locations, ranging from the street, to the supermarket, to wherever you want.)
If you are to spend a little time with him, you'll love him for what he is.
Why can he do it and you can't?

"Basically, height is a proxy for other variables that women find desirable -- men who can protect them, provide them with resources, have good social status and aren't easily dominated by other men,"
I agree with mister Dunbar on the bold-ed part, but the way he says it makes one think that height is a prerequisite for doing all those things, which I, and any other sane person, disagree with.

While other studies have shown that taller-than-average men have higher incomes and social status than shorter men
Disregarding the fact that shorter men limit themselves all the time because of such a stupid criterion, I wonder how intelligent those studies were.

Dunbar said he undertook the research after noticing that in personal ads men advertised their height only if they were tall or taller than average.
Mister Dunbar has failed to notice the fact that short guy > likely frustrated with no real reason > not a winner's personality > lowers his chances with his own hand > the study gives non-realistic data.
He also failed to see that, even if the girls say they prefer tall, well built guys, these are hardy the ultimately deciding factors.

Mister Dunbar is an idiot, in a moronic kinda way. And a professor, yes :box::confused:

When you are frustrated it shows. It's even worse that some are frustrated by a condition they can't change, which shifts the focus for their real problem: the personality.

Why is it that that girl seemed to have wanted to suck my unshaved-tall-and-skinny-hairy and fugly acquaintance's c0ck right there, on the beach, while they were talking.
Why can my average height friend pull like no other?

Ok, my mileage is over the top with this post.
I think I made my point. :)

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tall, dark and handsome=swatting them like flies. But I think short guys can get women too.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what do you think Napoleon would do in the face of these facts?

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'10", and I can assure it's been nothing but a hindrance to meeting women.

So, next time you say "I wish I was tall -- be careful what you wish for."

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
The tall guys, the athletic guys, the older guys, they all had lots of girls.
I didn't because I wasn't tall enough, athletic enough or old enough to pull.
Now I/we can all sleep well at night since it wasn't our fault per se. :crazy:

Wait! I then became the senior, taller and athletic (ok, the latter is a lie :rolleyes: ) and still didn't pull chicks. Could it have been because of MY PERSONALITY??

No way! It was definitely the height, lol

I can't wait to see...

oh, boy, I hope all those men grew up in a similar environment, had a similar personality, financial situation and goals or we'll have to call this study invalid...

And why is getting married and having children a measure of success?

Yes, they do! I read a similar thing on another forum, lol
Women themselves said it!
But unless they are excessively taller than you and you are a DJ, I guess they can't help and jump your bones.

I know this guy; some say he's short, but I don't find him like so. I find him average.
He has fvcked younger, older, taller, shorter, smart, stupid, shy or ****y women (picked up in lots and lots of different locations, ranging from the street, to the supermarket, to wherever you want.)
If you are to spend a little time with him, you'll love him for what he is.
Why can he do it and you can't?

I agree with mister Dunbar on the bold-ed part, but the way he says it makes one think that height is a prerequisite for doing all those things, which I, and any other sane person, disagree with.

Disregarding the fact that shorter men limit themselves all the time because of such a stupid criterion, I wonder how intelligent those studies were.

Mister Dunbar has failed to notice the fact that short guy > likely frustrated with no real reason > not a winner's personality > lowers his chances with his own hand > the study gives non-realistic data.
He also failed to see that, even if the girls say they prefer tall, well built guys, these are hardy the ultimately deciding factors.

Mister Dunbar is an idiot, in a moronic kinda way. And a professor, yes :box::confused:

When you are frustrated it shows. It's even worse that some are frustrated by a condition they can't change, which shifts the focus for their real problem: the personality.

Why is it that that girl seemed to have wanted to suck my unshaved-tall-and-skinny-hairy and fugly acquaintance's c0ck right there, on the beach, while they were talking.
Why can my average height friend pull like no other?

Ok, my mileage is over the top with this post.
I think I made my point. :)

Well yea your right its the personality but only some short guys overcome i their frustrations, most don't. So therefore the statistic is there for a reason. What i wouldnt give to be 6 foot. Hell even 5'8''. Being 5'6'' sucks. Girls lke my eyes so i have had some femaqle interest in my mlifetime, before my current ltr, but life overall sux as a short guy. I always get this odd feeling that people think short guys are ridculous. They just dont think were the same as them. As if were of lesser character or soemthing. I see it in the way certain people treat me, ijust will never be a man in their eyes.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
what do you think Napoleon would do in the face of these facts?
Napoleon stood at 5'7" which by french standards was quite close to average.

For what its worth, I have much more success with shorter women than taller ones. I like the tall ones, and am not short by any means, but it seems the odds are stacked against guys who are shorter than girls. My last gf was 5'0" so any short guy could date her and feel tall.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#41 said:
I'm 6'10", and I can assure it's been nothing but a hindrance to meeting women.

So, next time you say "I wish I was tall -- be careful what you wish for."
I was thinking about that. I'm sure at a certain height you reach a point of diminishing returns and then beyond that your seen as freakish, like a woman with breasts the size of beach balls. More is better up to a certain point.

I wonder what the sweet spot is? I'm guessing about 6' 2-5" before you start to look freighting and spook women out then your only options will be women who are absurdly tall as well. The only ones who won't be scared away by your size. Which is why Yao Ming's wife is 6'3" which is ridiculously tall for a Chinese woman.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kingy said:
as with everything it goes down to everything.

height is one factor which you can make up for. buy some invisible height inner soles to get u a couple extra inches. just have fun with it.
That's an interesting idea. If it could give me an inch or two, that would at least bring me up to 5'10" which is respectable. Do you have any links to where you can buy these?

Masked_angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
New research suggests taller men are more likely to marry and tend to have more children than short guys.
In other words, American people "should" have more children than Chinese people. Because the average height is higher in America!

While other studies have shown that taller-than-average men have higher incomes and social status than shorter men, this study is the first to demonstrate a direct link between height and reproductive success, said David Buss, a professor of psychology at the University of Texas at Austin.
But this guy has a point! Social status is important!

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Masked_angel said:
In other words, American people "should" have more children than Chinese people. Because the average height is higher in America!

But this guy has a point! Social status is important!
A more valid test would be to compare about relative means of each culture. This would effectively normalize height and compare apples to apples.

Masked_angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
A more valid test would be to compare about relative means of each culture. This would effectively normalize height and compare apples to apples.
True, but would it be useful? Don't we all write our on destiny?

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive worked at a high class bank, and at a low-class warehouse.

The bank was full of tall, well built, good looking men, while the warehouse was full of short, skinny, ugly men. That's no coincidence.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
Ive worked at a high class bank, and at a low-class warehouse.

The bank was full of tall, well built, good looking men, while the warehouse was full of short, skinny, ugly men. That's no coincidence.
Yea and anybody that denies this is plain wrong. Yea of course your gonna get the people that say height desont matter and look at so and so whos rich and yada yada yada. Yea theres some, usually their good looking short guys and if not then theyve developed great personalities. But bottom line, unless u have that great personailty u will be in the warehouse and not in the bank. It's that simple. Not every tall guy i know has a great personality, some are boring as hell and yet they get by with hard work and a lil brains. Short guys have to be exceptional to get what tall guys get automatically. We have to earn our respect, and sometimes we dont even get that respect. We may get ahead and get whatver we want in life, but theirs always tall guys snickering behind our backs that we have napolonic complex or what not. but it is wat it is right? Id rather be 5'6'' then born with a deformity or soemthing, so thats wat i tell myself and i try to play my cards as best i can, even tho it makes me so angry soemtimes when i hear short jokes or dont get the respect i deserve.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/tall13.shtml

This study is a decade old, but something about really stood out to me. You don't have to be significantly shorter than average to have it effect your desirability to women. You only have to be just an inch shorter than average height for it to make a difference. I had no idea that the margins were that slim. I thought height only started become a real problem once you are down to like 5'7" and below, but I guess I was wrong.
I agree that height is a sizeable factor in sexual attraction but practically speaking, there are so many other variables that you can make up for lack of height.

If you are a girl, your looks seal your destiny in the game of sexual attraction.

If you are a guy, there are a lot more variables involved. Be happy you are a guy.