Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

struggling with water

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been doing OMAD, my biggest problem is for around 20 years now, Ive picked at sugar free soda's, and coffee all day long.

Obviously this is not the proper way of fasting, I've quit coffee, but I still have to have some kind of drink other than water.

I just cant stand water, so I manage to do a day, and within 48 hours I'm back excusing myself to drink all the drinks I enjoy. It doesnt help with how rancid your breath and mouth go when fasting. Even though I carry a mouthwash with me.

How do I transition over to water for a longer period, If i could get a fortnight under my belt would be a good thing. The only thing I can think of is positive affirmations "telling myself how tasty it is" to retrain my mind....

perhaps Im overthinking, and thats causing me to relapse to my old comfort drinks?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, once I realized that I was craving carbonation, and not sweetness of soda, it was easy to give it up. Try drinking flavored sparkling waters like bubly, or la croix.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
There's a fantastic water that's lightly flavored called Hint. Not carbonated or sparkling. They have about 30 different flavors, but I love the Watermelon.

OIP.jpg

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or add lemon or any juice to the water for flavor. Vitamin C
Agree. I get concentrated lemon juice at the Dollar type stores and pour in a very small splash to remove the plain water taste. I do tap water, Berkey filter, lemon, tiny pinch of potassium bicarbonate, tiny Epsom salt, tiny baking soda. Basically a home made mineral water. My secret to plain water is to knock it back cold like an animal before you taste it.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee is actually really great for you, however the cream adds up quick, I'm a super big believer in sucralose, I don't drink it all the time but I'm completely off sugar for the most part outside of carbs obviously.

Im a master of substituting things for flavor because I'm freaking obsessive about drinking water!!

#1: TEA. Tea is the answer, it's a decent replacement of coffee and the flavor of it means you can add a bit of sucrose, just a single packet and it does not carry bitterness of coffee, most teas are loaded with caffeine however so get decaf if your gonna drink a lot. My personal favorite is Green Onion Tea (Just cut up GO Stalk and throw it in, very powerful taste) also any color of Bell Pepper makes great tea and since its already opened it makes you cook with it or risk it going bad. Also any type of Onion really translates well into tea.

#2: The Water Chug... Yeah, I basically just chug down 500 ml of water every half an hour, I've heard it's not great for body but can't be as bad as being dehydrated? Lol

#3: Kamboucha: This is the most work out of the entire list, Keifer culture is incredibly annoying to maintain but it's probably one of the healthiest things you could drink, have as much as you want, if you crave that CO2 feeling in your mouth from cracking a fresh pop, this is your answer, I won't lie, I used to do this until I had 4 gallons of it blow up in my house, spent weeks cleaning it, all over the ceiling and every square inch of the room I kept it in, it's an intensive process but totally worth it.

#4: Sparkling Water... Meh, I find this harder to drink than regular water but maybe you feel differently

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I too see coffee as healthy. It is full of antioxidants. It's the sugar and creamer that are bad. I quit coffee creamer in favor of honey and started losing weight right away. Honey only gets a rep as just sugar because the junk in the grocery store is fake. You want raw, unpasteurized and preferably local honey. It contains enzymes that moderate the uptake of glucose from the sugar, and real honey is also full of antioxidants, flavonoids and other healthy substances.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im pretty sure during fasting periods, apart from the lemon advice, everything else will spike my insulin, otherwise my local Aldi do flavour water, but id hesitated from buying it?

Ive had to quit coffee, im hypersensitive to it, and it send my adrenal gland off on a mad one

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been doing OMAD, my biggest problem is for around 20 years now, Ive picked at sugar free soda's, and coffee all day long.

Obviously this is not the proper way of fasting, I've quit coffee, but I still have to have some kind of drink other than water.

I just cant stand water, so I manage to do a day, and within 48 hours I'm back excusing myself to drink all the drinks I enjoy. It doesnt help with how rancid your breath and mouth go when fasting. Even though I carry a mouthwash with me.

How do I transition over to water for a longer period, If i could get a fortnight under my belt would be a good thing. The only thing I can think of is positive affirmations "telling myself how tasty it is" to retrain my mind....

perhaps Im overthinking, and thats causing me to relapse to my old comfort drinks?
First off,starvation diets are unhealthy and don’t work.I’ve seen people more effectively losing weight with steady state cardio and eating healthier.

Just get used to the water.Find a way,because it is paramount. You would also be less aggravated if you simply replaced your comfort drinks with blended fruit.Try pineapple,mango,watermelon,on their own or in different combinations,whatever works.Not just healthy,but great tasting too.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off,starvation diets are unhealthy and don’t work.I’ve seen people more effectively losing weight with steady state cardio and eating healthier.

Just get used to the water.Find a way,because it is paramount. You would also be less aggravated if you simply replaced your comfort drinks with blended fruit.Try pineapple,mango,watermelon,on their own or in different combinations,whatever works.Not just healthy,but great tasting too.
appreciate your points but the issue is i cant keep spiking my insulin, hence the fasting diet.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Create routine. How? It takes time. Like anything. Wake up. Drink water. 3L container for gym session.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create routine. How? It takes time. Like anything. Wake up. Drink water. 3L container for gym session.
this is exactly what Ive done. after 6pm x 3 times this week, Ive drank water only. I sometimes work till 2am, so I dont get up till 11.30am which generally means i'm fasting till midday the following day.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee has proven health benefits. It's the #1 source of antioxidants in the Western diet and it can prevent degenerative brain diseases like Alzheimer's. It helps with regularity, keeping your colon clean. Unless you're sensitive to caffeine, there's no reason to quit it. I can't really imagine what my mornings would be like without coffee.

I consider OMAD to be a fad diet, like paleo or keto. If the goal is to lose weight or remain trim, limit carbs, moderate portions, and do more cardio. During the week, my carb intake is usually just a small red potato with dinner and sometimes a slice of toast with breakfast. I fill up with cooked vegetables, olive oil and poultry. On weekends, when I lift heavy, I'll eat a lot of pasta, bread, rice etc. If I really wanted to shred, I would cut out the massive Italian feasts at BYOB restaurants but that's just not happening.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is exactly what Ive done. after 6pm x 3 times this week, Ive drank water only. I sometimes work till 2am, so I dont get up till 11.30am which generally means i'm fasting till midday the following day.
That's tricky. If entrepreneur and self employed, you can setup or better yet prepare accordingly. For example, bring more water where you work. If I got a late night, I got food, water, and electrolyte drink in preparation.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple solution, don't drink water unless you're thirsty. A glass of cold water always feels great when you're genuinely thirsty. If you have to ask if you're thirsty, the answer is no. Besides, the only thing you can get away with when fasting is coffee; even zero calorie drinks can "break" a fast by stimulting an insulin response with artificial sweeteners.

The drinking water to stay hydrated thing is a meme. It's been going on for decades and its origins are in marketing sports drinks like Gatoraid (but also bottled water) aimed towards creating an artificial demand for drinks by making people think they need to drink a gallon of fluids per day. You do not need to drink much water especially if you have lots of salt and potassium in your diet.

Last edited: