Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Strong silent type

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely watch television, but today I was bored so I watched this show called "The Gaurdian", I think the Americans are familiar with it, so this main character is just silent the whole episode, he says nothing - he only talks when people talk to him - no c&f - he thinks for about half an hour before answering every question and it's usually a one word answer of yes or no - and in this scene where he was in a party, a girl just talked to him, and he's being silent, so she kisses him.

I don't understand how people pull off that whole strong silent thing, I mean it's all good if you live by the philosophy "actions speak louder than words" or what ever, but get some conversation going d@mnit...

From what I've realized in the real world (from people I know) is that only extreamly attractive men can pull this off.

Opinions?

humiliator

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not the most talkative type, but I think the key is to be okay with that, and not worry like, "I should have something to say, shouldn't I?"

I'm just starting to crawl out of the AFC hole, so of course I've developed my conversational skills, but I'm also just quiet due to my personality.

FlawlessBadBoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It goes along the liens of being confident in yourself. If you don't feel like talking, don't. you should never feel obligated to talk to someone, unless it's for your job or something.

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FlawlessBadBoy, Yeah, but being a DJ should mean that you understand people and that you have "peoples skills", ya know?
It's not just about being confident and not giving a f#ck, I'm confident, and lots of times I don't give a f#ck, but I feel like a retard if I just sit quiet beween a group of people or if I talk slow and take a long time to answer questions. It sort of shows that you're contemplating everything you're saying, which goes against the whole "not give a f#ck" thing.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think any girl will notice that you're the strong silent type unless you are really good looking.

Bile

Don Juan
Reaction score
totally agree with you...i think tv is part of the cause of that this site even exists...
I mean tv makes up how they think that we should be to buy the most things... and whos the biggest buyer , an afc, who thinks that coolness can be bought, or the Alphamale, who KNOWS....

That coolness isn't even worth looking for...that true success comes throught action...not wearing the latest nike shoes...!!!!

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tv isnt real
No sh!t?? :confused:
I personally know people like that who pull off this whole strong silent sort of thing, I used that TV show as an example, can you imagine putting an ugly actor in the place of this guy? no way will he pull it off, not even close.
So like I said, it seems you have to be really good looking to pull it off, which is kind of ironic since it's called "strong silent", it should be called "pretty boy silent".

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
People think that the ONLY element of being the "strong silent type" is taht the person doesn't talk a whole lot. :rolleyes:

That doesn't make you "strong silent", it just makes you "silent." And most people who try to pull this off are the "weak silent" or "socially inept silent" types.

Just because you choose not to talk unless you have something to say doesn't mean you don't have conversational skills.

And are you surprised that looks make a difference? They make a difference in ANY character type, not just strong silent.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think the whole concept of strong silent type is about:

saying as little as you can while getting the point across

and because of that..

people look forward to what you say next

and if this is the case, i'd assume the strong silent type is more the loner type

cause in reality, anyone that talks too much is just plain annoying.

I couldnt imagine an UG pulling this off, it would probably backfire and make him look like an *******

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is KJ f***ing bollocks.

Mikey mouse has a honey too but that doesn't mean we should talk in squeaky voices and wear pants that unbutton at the a.rse.

Reaction score
Work on your attitude, not on being silent or not. I used to be extremely quiet always shy. A lot of that changed because I started to take control of the events in my life and now I dont give a **** about talking no more. It comes when it comes, when it doesnt its fine.

I used to think about talking and what poeple where saying when they had fun ALL the time!