"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Strong silent type

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
I rarely watch television, but today I was bored so I watched this show called "The Gaurdian", I think the Americans are familiar with it, so this main character is just silent the whole episode, he says nothing - he only talks when people talk to him - no c&f - he thinks for about half an hour before answering every question and it's usually a one word answer of yes or no - and in this scene where he was in a party, a girl just talked to him, and he's being silent, so she kisses him.

I don't understand how people pull off that whole strong silent thing, I mean it's all good if you live by the philosophy "actions speak louder than words" or what ever, but get some conversation going d@mnit...

From what I've realized in the real world (from people I know) is that only extreamly attractive men can pull this off.

Opinions?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

humiliator

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
I'm not the most talkative type, but I think the key is to be okay with that, and not worry like, "I should have something to say, shouldn't I?"

I'm just starting to crawl out of the AFC hole, so of course I've developed my conversational skills, but I'm also just quiet due to my personality.
 

FlawlessBadBoy

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Glendale, AZ
It goes along the liens of being confident in yourself. If you don't feel like talking, don't. you should never feel obligated to talk to someone, unless it's for your job or something.
 

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
FlawlessBadBoy, Yeah, but being a DJ should mean that you understand people and that you have "peoples skills", ya know?
It's not just about being confident and not giving a f#ck, I'm confident, and lots of times I don't give a f#ck, but I feel like a retard if I just sit quiet beween a group of people or if I talk slow and take a long time to answer questions. It sort of shows that you're contemplating everything you're saying, which goes against the whole "not give a f#ck" thing.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
I don't think any girl will notice that you're the strong silent type unless you are really good looking.
 

Bile

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Sweden
totally agree with you...i think tv is part of the cause of that this site even exists...
I mean tv makes up how they think that we should be to buy the most things... and whos the biggest buyer , an afc, who thinks that coolness can be bought, or the Alphamale, who KNOWS....

That coolness isn't even worth looking for...that true success comes throught action...not wearing the latest nike shoes...!!!!
 

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
tv isnt real
No sh!t?? :confused:
I personally know people like that who pull off this whole strong silent sort of thing, I used that TV show as an example, can you imagine putting an ugly actor in the place of this guy? no way will he pull it off, not even close.
So like I said, it seems you have to be really good looking to pull it off, which is kind of ironic since it's called "strong silent", it should be called "pretty boy silent".
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
People think that the ONLY element of being the "strong silent type" is taht the person doesn't talk a whole lot. :rolleyes:

That doesn't make you "strong silent", it just makes you "silent." And most people who try to pull this off are the "weak silent" or "socially inept silent" types.

Just because you choose not to talk unless you have something to say doesn't mean you don't have conversational skills.

And are you surprised that looks make a difference? They make a difference in ANY character type, not just strong silent.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
i think the whole concept of strong silent type is about:

saying as little as you can while getting the point across

and because of that..

people look forward to what you say next

and if this is the case, i'd assume the strong silent type is more the loner type

cause in reality, anyone that talks too much is just plain annoying.

I couldnt imagine an UG pulling this off, it would probably backfire and make him look like an *******
 

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
This is KJ f***ing bollocks.

Mikey mouse has a honey too but that doesn't mean we should talk in squeaky voices and wear pants that unbutton at the a.rse.
 
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Work on your attitude, not on being silent or not. I used to be extremely quiet always shy. A lot of that changed because I started to take control of the events in my life and now I dont give a **** about talking no more. It comes when it comes, when it doesnt its fine.

I used to think about talking and what poeple where saying when they had fun ALL the time!
 
Top