"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

stringing along

TaniusAC

New Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Lets say I got a girl interested, but due to certain circumstances I cannot act on anything too overtly. In the open I still catch her looking at me, and will look away when i catch her. Yet at the same time she will pretend to ignore me occasionnaly. To sum it up she basically acts interested one minute and disinterested another, and im wondering if this could mean she now despises me for playing with her emotions but never acting on it.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
If you only exchange glances, it's very doubtful its anything as deep as emotion, but if you don't return her signals, then she'll stop sending them.

I had a girl who would purposely smile and say hello to me every time she saw me. But one day I didn't notice her smile until she turned away and ever since then she won't even look in my direction. :(
 

TaniusAC

New Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
So I assume that as long as she isnt ignoring you completely, then you are still good to go
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
here's what i think is going on. i know because i used to do it all the time

1. you catch her looking at you and she quickly looks away - she looks away because she is very interested

2. she ignores you completely - she is doing this because she doesn't want to feel the pain of looking away when you catch her looking.

how do i know? i used to stare at this girl who i had serious oneitis, then she would catch me staring; i would look away as quickly as possible. I fvcking hated doing this cuz i knew she would know i liked her. so instead of paying more attention to her, i cut off my attention from her; i tried not to go near her, i tried not to look at her at all because if i did, i'd probably end up quickyl looking away as soon as she noticed me.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top