Stopped working out for 3 months

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything has taken its toll and I’m out of my solid routine. Been too busy/focused on other things.

The good thing is when I look at myself in the mirror, I’m still happy. I’ve built up a solid foundation and even though I feel smaller/less swole, I still look good in tight t shirts.

My protein intake fell off a cliff and I forgot what it was like to be so regimented, documenting everything in excel from sets, reps, wi eight, protein, creatine. I need to get it together, I’ve just been so busy/exhausted.

So important to work out and be in shape.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything has taken its toll and I’m out of my solid routine. Been too busy/focused on other things.

The good thing is when I look at myself in the mirror, I’m still happy. I’ve built up a solid foundation and even though I feel smaller/less swole, I still look good in tight t shirts.

My protein intake fell off a cliff and I forgot what it was like to be so regimented, documenting everything in excel from sets, reps, wi eight, protein, creatine. I need to get it together, I’ve just been so busy/exhausted.

dont worry just get back and start back slowly

You can build it back up again

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score

You might be getting in your own way more than those other things. The easiest way for you to get your health and fitness back on track is to cut yourself some slack and let go of the perfectionism. Something tells me that you haven't been to the gym because you haven't had time to put together the right routine, the right diet, set your goals and map them out in Excel. Do that crap later. Just go to the gym. Once you're there, workout. Figure all that other noise out later or as you go. You'll feel better immediately. Discipline weighs ounces, but regret weighs tons. If you make health and fitness a big deal it's always going to weigh on you. And as a perfectionist, if you can't do it right, you just won't do it at all. Working out and eating correctly should be about as important as brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day. It's just part of your day and what you do. It's no big deal. That is unless you don't do it on a regular bases. There is no need to feel like you have to rearrange your whole life for something like brushing your teeth. Same with getting your gym time in.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You might be getting in your own way more than those other things. The easiest way for you to get your health and fitness back on track is to cut yourself some slack and let go of the perfectionism. Something tells me that you haven't been to the gym because you haven't had time to put together the right routine, the right diet, set your goals and map them out in Excel. Do that crap later. Just go to the gym. Once you're there, workout. Figure all that other noise out later or as you go. You'll feel better immediately. Discipline weighs ounces, but regret weighs tons. If you make health and fitness a big deal it's always going to weigh on you. And as a perfectionist, if you can't do it right, you just won't do it at all. Working out and eating correctly should be about as important as brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day. It's just part of your day and what you do. It's no big deal. That is unless you don't do it on a regular bases. There is no need to feel like you have to rearrange your whole life for something like brushing your teeth. Same with getting your gym time in.
Agree with this. Sometimes I fall into this trap too. Last year I gained 40 lbs over the winter because I fell off the wagon and stopped working out and then stopped eating properly. Not this time...maintaining focus and discipline to ensure I stay within a few lbs of my summer weight, if not lower to make it easier to get to the final product in May.

My problem is I am either 100% in or 100% out...I don't have a 50% or 75% zone. Usually it works OK but when stuff comes up and I have to dial it down, the dial goes to 0.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually I’ll start feeling like crap after missing 2 weeks working out…….a week if I start eating crap.