Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stop Thinking Ahead So Far

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of mistakes are made before they even happen. When you think about what your next move will be you’re practically already getting yourself into an unfavorable position. This isn’t chess. You don’t need to think 12 moves ahead. Think about what’s happening right now and live in the moment for a change.

A lot of it goes like this…

What should I say after I approach her and say hi? Stop doing this. Let it flow.
What’s the best way to ask for her number? Again, not good. Just do it.
How do I dismantle the ticking time bomb côckblock friend(s) she has? Have fun with it and stop worrying. You’ll figure it out.

So you stuttered around a girl and her friends, big deal.
You spit when you said something to her, so what?
Don’t worry about trying to cover it up. It happens. If she makes a big deal out of it then she’s probably not the kind of girl you’d want to be around anyway. Plus, her nose wiggles like a little rabbit when she talks.

Here are a few typical situations a guy might find himself in. As a forewarning, don’t do any of this -->

A guy will like some girl, but he’ll like another girl also. Instead of going for both of them, he doesn’t do anything for fear of the other finding out. That one’s a killer.

Or how about when you’re already with a classy little lass but you see a girl at the cell phone stand is eyeing you up and you don’t jump on that opportunity. That one sucks hardcore.

Perhaps you don’t think you look good or feel good right now so you’re not going to talk to that girl that belongs in the shine of fine. You know better, tsk tsk.

(Sidenote: I’m not advocating cheating on your partner if you’re already in a relationship with your wonderful girlfriend of a year or so, but having your options open is always a plus. Trust me.)

Don’t worry what happens between yourself and the other person. Chances are if you’re worrying about the situation then you just met her, so don’t place ridiculous expectations on one single girl. Doing that is setting yourself up for the famous “let’s just be friends.”

You know all those television shows that show the geek or nerd or even the regular Joe getting shot down really hardcore in front of a crowd of all your closest friends and family? I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t happen. The worst rejection I’ve ever encountered was a “I’m just not interested in you.” That’s the worst I’ve ever been snubbed. I hope I can recover one of these days.

Go for it. Don’t play it safe. Be a go getter. Don’t think too much. Live a little (or a lot). Get in trouble. Use your imagination. Break the rules.

thecraftylefty

naes

Don Juan
Reaction score
nice post, i would have to agree. thinking things over too much makes u nervous and increase the chances that you will mess up.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advise, I always overthink this kind of crap. I'm left handed too!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Another thing to note about thinking too far ahead...if you do plan out a step-by-step course of conversation/action, the girl will ALWAYS, ALWAYS do something that doesn't fit in with the paradigm.

This isn't even always a coincidence...some girls will PURPOSELY throw you off your pre-planned game to see how you react...to see if you're genuine or just throwing up canned material.

You need to learn how to act spontaneously.

afc_2_dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
makes sense, I agree in a way.

Thing is ... you see an attractive women in a bar ... you approach without thinking ahead ...

you: hi!
her: hi!
you: errr... err.. err...
you: *runs away*

What I am getting at is one really does need to have some form of mini-plan to ensure you can continue the conversion after hi, at least in the initial stages, if she throws a spanner in the works and pulls the convo in a random direction thats fine, you ave her engaged and just continue.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
afc_2_dj said:
makes sense, I agree in a way.

Thing is ... you see an attractive women in a bar ... you approach without thinking ahead ...

you: hi!
her: hi!
you: errr... err.. err...
you: *runs away*

What I am getting at is one really does need to have some form of mini-plan to ensure you can continue the conversion after hi, at least in the initial stages, if she throws a spanner in the works and pulls the convo in a random direction thats fine, you ave her engaged and just continue.
I totally agree. I think you should have a small plan, that is flexible.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, this is very good advice. Just go do it, and you'll get the hang of it from experience.

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. Overthinking things increases your nervousness about something perhaps 10 fold. You're so obsessed with the prospect of fudging some little thing up (or rather, fudging every little thing up) that your anxiety compounds and you freak. Having a very loose, general plan is far better, in my experience.