Stop The Self Improvement

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
element0 said:
I agree, but it something that will make a tangible difference in your life in short period of time, and is something that most guys who visit this site can improve immediately. Although most probably won't stick with it in the long run. We all know there is no such thing as a cure all.
I agree as well.....just getting physically active in something whether it be gym, sports, etc. will help.....but it need not be a full-time endeavor. Most of us have jobs, school, friends and family. Planning 8 meals a day and chugging protein shakes daily will burn anyone out who simply wants to look more presentable to the opposite sex. It doesn't have to be that extreme.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
element0 said:
If you are trying to gain 15 lbs and gain muscle definition, and you can't, you are probably doing something wrong.
Well I don't know what I was doing wrong. I followed every piece of advice I could find, even though the advice was often confusing and contradictory.

I tried lifting heavy with low reps and light with high reps. I tried gym with cardio and without cardio.

At one point I was swimming 5 days a week, another period I was running every day.

I currently walk or jog to work and back (roughly 40 minutes a day), which I think is about enough to stay healthy.

Now I devote most of my time to my career, which unlike body building, is something I EXCEL at.

People like "Solomon" desperately want to believe that any guy can put on muscle, and that height doesn't matter, because he hates to think that the only reason he gets laid as much as he does is because of genetics.

But let's face it, it really is about genetics. Women don't care about your character or your achievements. They don't care about your masterful management techniques at work, or your brilliant musical talents or your wit.

They care about how tall you are and how many other women you're boning.

element0 said:
If you really are only doing it to look better for women, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
Doing anything for women except paying a prostitute is the wrong reason, at least for me.

Not speaking for guys who won the genetic lottery - go for your life and use your genetic gifts to the full.

Just don't get on your high horse and claim that it was your character or your ability that got you *****. We know it wasn't.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Health is my primary reason Mr-know-it-all, sure women are secondary but go to the doctor and have him tell you that your blood pressure is to high and if you don't lose XX amount of weight you will have diabetes!

That to me is my primary reason keep assuming though that everyone's number reason for getting in shape is poon

On top of that I enjoy a good run, I enjoy the "runners high" I get, the endorphin release, it's better then any drug or drink. It's just surreal
Your lifestyle is great for you. I get a surreal high listening to Bruckner symphonies while jogging to work.

You're genetically gifted, I'm not.

I find weight lifting a boring, expensive, futile waste of time.

Stop telling other guys that they should go to gym. If they don't have the genetics for it, it's not going to do any good, period.

Admit that women are emotion-driven, instinct-driven animals, and that the only way to get sex out of them (for free) is by genetic luck.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of anger up in here. U mad, bros?

And regarding the question of Jaylan's gender, I have never seen him/her troll or b*tch - in my opinion, a lot of his/her observations can be pretty deep. Idealistic and borderline hippie, maybe, but insightful nonetheless.

So... am I missing something? There seems to be a crusade against this guy/girl who can actually manage to maintain civility and discussion without resorting to TYPING LIKE THIS. Is this what we need to focus on? It's not like he/she's telling noobies to call or text their prospective date 20 times a day and pour their guts out about feelings they don't actually have.

As for LiveFree, he's a mixed bag for me. Some good concepts, some others not so good - all of them obfuscated by an intense anger and hatred for... something. Probably women. Maybe Canada, too. Some people just don't like things. I'm not gonna argue with him about it.

I will, however, point out that perhaps some of his advice is not so great for guys who are just starting out - especially the part about moving halfway across the world because life will automatically be better there. If someone's unhappy, it's not because of a lack of women.

Finally I really just want to address the comment about the gym: science has proven that regular exercise releases seratonin into your brain that you NEED to feel normal, balanced out, even happy:

A third strategy that may raise brain serotonin is exercise. A comprehensive review of the relation between exercise and mood concluded that antidepressant and anxiolytic effects have been clearly demonstrated

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077351/
So, even if someone's going to the gym because of insecurity, it's still not a bad decision. Health and happiness in exchange for people on the internet thinking you're a douchebag. That's an easy choice for me - though I personally dance about 8-10 hours a week. The gym is more for sculpting, because damn, I look good.

Whereas if a guy starts trying to pick up women out of an insecurity... well, the results are the formation of a world-wide internet community like SoSuave, which then becomes necessary to deal with all of the neuroses of AFCs that were insecure with themselves, and saw getting a girlfriend as the solution. That's called a vicious cycle.

The one thing that I've learned in my years of pick-up, is that a woman is highly unnecessary for me, personally, to be a happy, functioning human being. I guess I'm lucky.

Either way, it's the internet, folks. simmer down. Get laid.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually anything Jaylan posts makes it pointless for me to post, because he gets it dead-on frequently.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
loveshogun said:
science has proven that regular exercise releases seratonin into your brain that you NEED to feel normal, balanced out, even happy
Good exercise includes walking, jogging, bike riding, etc.

loveshogun said:
The gym is more for sculpting, because damn, I look good.
Gym is for people with good genes.

loveshogun said:
a woman is highly unnecessary for me, personally, to be a happy, functioning human being. I guess I'm lucky.
I guess you are lucky - genetics probably explains your success more than any other single factor.

Being the weak, decrepit AFC that I am, I admit that I enjoy boning a decent looking woman from time to time, so I spend a small fraction of my income on hookers, and thoroughly enjoy it.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:
genetics probably explains your success more than any other single factor.
Maybe so, but doesn't change what you actually need to do to be successful in the grand scheme of life.

Also, I'm glad you run. No one said you have to body build. I don't body build either, in the competitive sense. I do lots of calisthenics (exercises that use your body weight, like squats, push-ups, pull-ups, etc). I also dance 8-10 hours a week.

In fact, I'd say 90 percent of the people here AREN'T into body building. I've never seen anyone push that mantra here, aside from "if you're chubby, get a gym membership and get healthy."

So here's the obvious: there's a pretty big f*ckin' difference between being a juicer and staying healthy by going to the gym. So I ask again, why the sudden crusade against healthy people, and all the defeatist "I'm never going to have a body like that so I won't try" thinking?

The physique is a perk. The happiness from exercising is the real goal. However you get your exercise, get it. Beyond that, there's nothing to discuss.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
I agree as well.....just getting physically active in something whether it be gym, sports, etc. will help.....but it need not be a full-time endeavor. Most of us have jobs, school, friends and family. Planning 8 meals a day and chugging protein shakes daily will burn anyone out who simply wants to look more presentable to the opposite sex. It doesn't have to be that extreme.
Absolutely, I don't even do the gym so much, but I do spriting/bodyweight stuff, and play a couple of sports. Especially in the summer I don't have time for the gym, would rather be outside running steps or playing a pickup game of hockey. But it is different for everyone.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:
Your lifestyle is great for you. I get a surreal high listening to Bruckner symphonies while jogging to work.

You're genetically gifted, I'm not.

I find weight lifting a boring, expensive, futile waste of time.

Stop telling other guys that they should go to gym. If they don't have the genetics for it, it's not going to do any good, period.

Admit that women are emotion-driven, instinct-driven animals, and that the only way to get sex out of them (for free) is by genetic luck.
When countless people have had results with the system and you don't get any, its time to look at what you're doing wrong. Blaming the program for your failure is just running away fron reality. Guys like zyzz (RIP brah) went from ecto to adonis-like (though he used roids I'm sure if he did he'll still look good, no homo) in a matter of years, whats your point?

And if you think im some meathead sh!tting on your theory think again. I had the worst of genetics. 100lbs 5"6". Guess what? I put on over 12lbs in a span of just 2.5 months and still gaining. Genetics matter to a certain extent, it's how far you are willing to push it to the limit.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
loveshogun said:
Maybe so, but doesn't change what you actually need to do to be successful in the grand scheme of life.
This forum isn't about being "successful in the grand scheme of life", it's about seducing women.

If successful seduction requires above-average genes, most of the guys on this forum are wasting their time here.

They'd be better off pursuing their own goals, based on their core strengths, outside of the world of seduction.

If they want sex, they should pay for hookers.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
When countless people have had results with the system and you don't get any, its time to look at what you're doing wrong.
Countless people have had no results from it.

No system works for everyone.

Konada said:
Guys like zyzz (RIP brah) went from ecto to adonis-like (though he used roids I'm sure if he did he'll still look good, no homo) in a matter of years, whats your point?
Yes, he was scrawny before he started working out, after he worked out he got buff.

What does that prove?

What about all the guys who start out skinny, work out, and stay skinny?

There's a certain degree of in-born genetic capacity involved, which not every guy has.

Genetics matter to a certain extent, it's how far you are willing to push it to the limit.
Genetics matter a lot.

OF COURSE the guys with good genetics started out skinny.

Almost no guy on earth gets muscular without working out.

But not every guy who works out gets muscular.

Plus, muscles are absolutely useless unless you're 6'0 tall or above. Any smaller and women simply don't care how much you're packing.

Seducing women has more to do with genetic luck than anything else, and that's why most guys are what you call "AFCs", and can't get women in bed.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your height/weight/bodyfat, AtomicDog, if you don't mind me asking?

And where are you trying to get to?

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This forum isn't about being "successful in the grand scheme of life", it's about seducing women.

If successful seduction requires above-average genes, most of the guys on this forum are wasting their time here.

They'd be better off pursuing their own goals, based on their core strengths, outside of the world of seduction.

Then what are you doing here? Go man, just go! Go work some overtime so you can afford to get laid this month!

I've seen plenty of guys turn their life around and get better, not just with girls, but become a better person overall. I know it’s possible. But it’s NOT possible if you don’t think it is, so you’re right, it’s not possible for you. As Henry Ford once said “whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right!”

What exactly are you doing on this site? You’re telling the other “not genetically gifted” guys not to be on here and that they should be out buying hookers.. well what are you doing here exactly? You’re not even following your own advice.

I don’t like posts like yours because it puts doubt into guys minds. A lot of guys that come here are looking for a little extra confidence and “know-how”, and post like yours put seeds of doubt into their mind. It is this doubt that can hold a guy back from success that he can have if he just keeps trying to get better, (or if he just tries, sometimes guys here don’t even try with girls because of fear, and if they worked up enough confidence to go for it, a lot of them will start seeing success), and we don’t want that. So just leave now, as your posts are counter productive.

Not only was this advice bad, it is actually damaging. There might be 2 or 3 guys reading this thinking “you know what “atomic dog” is right, maybe I should just give up and go buy me a hooker.

Either stop posting crap like this or leave the site. Don’t be trying to bring others down to your misery. We all know misery loves company, but a lot of guys on here are here to TRY and GET BETTER. If you have quit, then that’s your choice, but don’t bring others down with you.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
element0 said:
What is your height/weight/bodyfat, AtomicDog, if you don't mind me asking?

And where are you trying to get to?
5'8 and 150 pounds.

It's OK, you don't have to tell me...

* Eat 200 grams of protein per day
* Eat more carbs and vegetables
* Take supplements
* Work out once a day for 30 minutes, doing compound exercises, such as push-ups, deadlifts, squats, etc.

AtomicDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
sexysuave said:
it’s NOT possible if you don’t think it is, so you’re right, it’s not possible for you. As Henry Ford once said “whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right!”
Do you really really believe that?

Thoughts don't determine reality. Reality (including women) ALREADY EXISTS.

Your mind can only PERCEIVE reality, it cannot DETERMINE it.

Look, if women ALREADY WANT "x", then you can think as positive as you like, and put your head in the clouds, but that's not going to change the fact that WOMEN WANT "x" and you're "y".

Why am I here? Because I hate women and I hate the whole concept of PAU, and I enjoy attacking and demeaning both.

I'm sure that makes me sick, insane, unhealthy, psychologically perverse, etc. etc.

Fine. I can hold down a good job and achieve non-women-related goals, so I must be doing SOMETHING right.

Reality sucks. The way women are sucks. Let's just admit it and stop trying to twist and bend our minds to believe that somehow it doesn't suck.

In my experience it sucks a lot less when you ADMIT that it sucks and stop trying to fight it.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:

If successful seduction requires above-average genes (just like everything else in life, it doesn't), most of the guys on this forum are wasting their time here.

If that's the way you want to think, sure. But, remember that defeatists don't get laid.

Mediocrity in the grand scheme of things is what defines a person as "average." Not genes. Genes are "step 0" in the journey of life, and you've got no control over them. So you best worry about every step after that til you die.

You could have the best genes in history, and you still won't be worth sh*t if all you do is go from day to day wondering why life isn't making itself better for you.

And that, my friend, is why most "average" guys don't get laid.

And, if a guy resigns himself to being "average" without having proven that he at least tried, then I have no pity for him, and will openly say that he will get what he deserves from life: nothing.

Think about it - everyone is average until the accomplish something. You might need genetics to have potential, but trust me when I say it's hard work that will bring home results at the end of the day.

Michael Jordan had genetics. More importantly, he had heart - you think he just picked up a basketball and did a foul line dunk when he was 10? Working yourself up to that level, even when gifted genetically, takes years of work, every day. I guarantee you that sh*t takes work. Go ahead, next time you see a pro athlete - ask him if it's easy.

Another example in gymnastics. Human beings haven't evolved immensely over the last 50 years - the genetics of a great gymnast in 1960 would be about the same as a great gymnast in 2010. But look at what they do now vs back then? Back then, you'd have been considered a god if you could pull a double front tuck (flipping twice with your knees tucked in before landing). It was literally thought to be impossible without springboard assistance. Nowadays, that's par for course. At this point, if you've "got the genetics" for a front double, then you have no excuse not to be able to do it. Anything else is considered "lazy."

The genetics didn't change. Gravity didn't change. What changed?

The realization that people are ALWAYS capable of that much more, assuming they're willing to put in the amount of work necessary.

This misconception happens because all the "average" people only see the end result of hard work. They don't know how many thousands of hours of training go into sports, dance, writing, any activity. They ignore their own thousands of hours of training in what they do and assume it's just "what they're good at."

Sure, you might be better at one thing than another. But you won't actually be good at anything unless you work at it.

I train for hours every week with professional dancers. I've been doing so for 8 years. Before that I had "two left feet" and no sense of rhythm. Now, people tell me "I'm gifted." Really, now? What about 8 years ago?

All of this applies with pickup. If you're looking at it from the point of view where "you will never be good enough at something" without having actually tried to put the work in, then you won't get anywhere. The universe won't apologize for your self-defeating attitude.

Finally, before anyone takes away the wrong message from this, here it is:

Hard work won't necessarily make you a world champion, the same way genetics won't. It will make you the best person YOU can be, regardless of what you inherit from your parents. And that is always what is best for YOU.

So what are you going to focus on? The things you can't control (genetics)? Or the things you CAN control (work ethic)?

Then again, this epiphany will never come to a person until they force themselves onto the road. That's what we're trying to get them to do, Atomic.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:

www.puahate.com

You'll fit in better there

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AtomicDog:
Why am I here? Because I hate women and I hate the whole concept of PAU, and I enjoy attacking and demeaning both.
Ok, so mods, we should probably ban AtomicDog, just sayin lol.

This guy is having a negative impact on potential progress of guys that want to get better. Even if only 2 people read his post and think "yeah, he's right, f*ck it, I give up", this is a negative impact and banning him would have been beneficial.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:
5'8 and 150 pounds.

It's OK, you don't have to tell me...

* Eat 200 grams of protein per day
* Eat more carbs and vegetables
* Take supplements
* Work out once a day for 30 minutes, doing compound exercises, such as push-ups, deadlifts, squats, etc.
Lol that's what they all say. Many of us think we're doing enough but in reality we aren't doing sh!t at all. So you didn't have progress whilst following that? Eat more! Lift heavier! PUT MORE EFFORT INTO IT!

This goes for eveything in life. Michael Jordan didn't become the famous basketball player he is by sitting on the couch whining how he kept missing shots. Bill Gates didn't come up with Microsoft whilst sitting on his ass complaining about the tedious programming he has to do. If you want success you have to get it, and how do you get it? You improve yourself. What I see now is a whiny half-man who is venting his frustration for his lacklustre effort and pushing the blame to the all so hailed theory of genetics.