"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Stood Up

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Well, I was supposed to go to the movies tonight with this girl. I tell her 7 at the mall. She never shows up. I come home and talk to her on the internet since my bro was on the phone with his girlfriend. She tells me how sorry she was and how she wanted to make it up to me. Hmm, well to make a story short, do you guys think I should set up another date or just wait for her to?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

icallug

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
canada
did she tell you why she never showed up? if not, shes probably not interested.

i say set another date up at a super fancy place, tell her to meet you there, then dont show up and never talk to her again
 

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by icallug

i say set another date up at a super fancy place, tell her to meet you there, then dont show up and never talk to her again
WTF?

NO. I think you should stand up for youself and tell her how rude it was of her to break the movie date, but "allow" her to make it up to you with a date she initiates...it's her responsibility to make it up to you if she's really interested.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Don't give her a chance to make it up, then all your doing is reciprocating to her. Tell her strait up what she did was f'ed up and that you don't want to talk to her anymore.

Grow some balls, and whenever something like that happens, remember the Don Juans 4 letter word. NEXT!!
 

mtllcanpssy

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
if she has a legitimate reason i would set up another date with her or something, after all she "wanted to make it up to you", so you could probably get some ass for this. But if she does it do u again just leave her ass immediately. Just go chill at her place or something.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by mtllcanpssy
if she has a legitimate reason i would set up another date with her or something, after all she "wanted to make it up to you", so you could probably get some ass for this. But if she does it do u again just leave her ass immediately. Just go chill at her place or something.
I agree. Don't jump to conclusions without facts.
 

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
If it was something important, she would have called and told you she couldn't make it.

You have to really work at it to actually make a date, not show up, AND not call the person to let them know you can't make it...you know?

Even if she's sorry...I wouldn't give her another chance. I'd still maybe talk to her, but why should you tolerate being disrespected by her?

I mean, personally, I wouldn't be giving her a whole lot of respect. Either she made a conscious effort to stand you up, or she truly didn't care...either case speaks VOLUMES about her feelings for you, regardless of what she says.

Don't try to get revenge, that's just going to make things worse. Just break it off now, minimize your losses, and move on.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
I agree,

Just remember, you should always try and analize a lot of the things chick do. Pay attention to how they talk to you, their inflections in their voice, their physical actions around you. So why shouldn't you analize how they react on a date. And not showing up is the worst. This means two things, she doesn't care enough about you to show up, or she doesn't have the dignity to tell you, either way your screwed, so giving her another chance is pointless.

Just next her.
 

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys :) I'm still talking to her and if she wants to set up another date, it's her responsibility.
 
Top