Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stating the obvious, below a certain degree of looks, personality doesnt matter (study)

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.livescience.com/58607-mens-looks-may-matter-more-than-personality.html

The study suggests that if a man is considered at least moderately attractive, then his personality matters to women, Fugère said. If a man is viewed as less than moderately attractive, it doesn't seem to matter as much to women what his personality is like, Fugère explained.

But when an unattractive male was paired with the most highly desirable personality profile, neither daughters nor mothers rated him as favorably as a potential romantic partner, compared with better-looking men with less desirable personalities.

For some reason I'm not surprised, are you?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think personality matters if a women is 5+IL when below 5 there is no way to get out of there.

Personality is also a big factor when approaching a women with a moderate IL

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe its a complicate thing for the simple fact that our personality if often the result of our past experiences, an ugly guy used to be rejected and pushed away will hardly develop the traits that we consider attractive.

Anyway in order to make our personality work in our favour we actually need to interact with someone, an ugly guy usually fails in terms of first impression and has to chance to do that.

Not saying that we have guilty parts in this, I just believe that we should stop bullsh1tting people with fairy tales in general.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes sense. You have to pass the looks barrier before getting further consideration. If true, it pretty much refutes early PUA thinking that men attracted women based solely on behavior.

That line of thinking still persists, creating a bunch of wanna-bes walking around acting like jerk alphas. Just what we need, more jerks in the world. Thanks, pickup guys.

R

Ranger

Well I don’t know about you guys but if a woman is in shape, nice hips and a$$. I’m more likely to forgive more in a lot of other areas.

So a man should get into shape. Gain some muscle mass. Women forgive plenty when a guy is stacked well.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
And because of the halo effect, the attractive guy’s personality will be seen more positively (ie graded more generously or graded “on a curve”).

For the unattractive guy, not only will a good personality not save him, but his personality will be graded more harshly.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It makes sense. You have to pass the looks barrier before getting further consideration. If true, it pretty much refutes early PUA thinking that men attracted women based solely on behavior.

That line of thinking still persists, creating a bunch of wanna-bes walking around acting like jerk alphas. Just what we need, more jerks in the world. Thanks, pickup guys.
Sadly, looks denial used to be considered top secret, state of the art red pill “knowledge.”

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Well I don’t know about you guys but if a woman is in shape, nice hips and a$$. I’m more likely to forgive more in a lot of other areas.

So a man should get into shape. Gain some muscle mass. Women forgive plenty when a guy is stacked well.
Yes such is the nature of attraction.

The 1st step is a man's pulling power.

And the 2nd is his staying power.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With good warddrobe and decent body type a less than handsome man with game will leave bigdave17 jagging off to IG models on the internet. Most guys are average. Like PlayerSupreme said an average man with game will clean up.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

We cant be less forgiving in her treatment of us

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And because of the halo effect, the attractive guy’s personality will be seen more positively (ie graded more generously or graded “on a curve”).

For the unattractive guy, not only will a good personality not save him, but his personality will be graded more harshly.
Abolutely true, a hot guy talking dirty is confident in his sexuality, an average guy talking dirty is a creep.

Hot guy who spends extra time at work is ambitious, ugly guy spending extra time at work is trying hard to compensate and the list goes on.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who wants a ugly person?
Ugly is opinion... Ugly to one is decent llooking with a banging body to another. Im not ugly at all but i saw dudes i thought wasnt attractive clean up with game. They just knew what to say and how to carry themselves around babes.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The study is flawed insofar as it doesn't account for the women's SMV in comparison to the man's.

A 9 women and her mother will be significantly prejudiced in opining a 4 man.

A 4 women and her mother sill be significantly prejudiced in opining a 9 man, as he cant be trusted to stay with her.

The general theme I agree with, but absent the showing of SMV differentials, the study is flawed.

R

Ranger

We cant be less forgiving in her treatment of us
I understand. I’m not to worried about that stuff. She will treat me well until it starts to fade out. Then I will move on.
I don’t really exist in that reality bro. I’m on the other side of the planet. She will instinctively know not to mess with me too much.
However, I like to make it a game. She gets retarded? She goes over my lap. That way she can play it up in the context of reward.
Controlling the frame and what happens inside that frame is where my efforts are directed.
When I’m done with her...

Herb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sigh I hate to say it but this may be more true that I originally thought. Still, it's not the whole truth by any stretch, and is a generalization. It's more complex and nuanced than that.

I will say that when I went out with my overweight and unattractive friend with the intention of winging him early this summer, the women that were meant for him inevitably gravitated toward me. Even though I admit the man has a lot more "personality" than me: he plays ten instruments, sings, writes impressive poetry, draws cool art, works in a cool workplace. I don't really do much of that. I'm just more of a 7/7.5 while he's like a 4.5-5 on the physical scale. He was really pissed off and embarrassed when the girl he was going for and talking to for ten minutes ended up grabbing my hand shortly after I showed up to back him up, pulling me away from our group to go talk privately in the corner, and then later giving me her number (I'm ashamed to say that I did end up hooking up with her later, but never told him this). It isn't fair.

But at the same time, with many girls, personality still matters a lot, if not more. I've failed with some girls who were initially very attracted cause of this. And I've seen ugly dudes with hot girls, not necessarily because they had a lot of money.