"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Stating the obvious, below a certain degree of looks, personality doesnt matter (study)

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
https://www.livescience.com/58607-mens-looks-may-matter-more-than-personality.html

The study suggests that if a man is considered at least moderately attractive, then his personality matters to women, Fugère said. If a man is viewed as less than moderately attractive, it doesn't seem to matter as much to women what his personality is like, Fugère explained.

But when an unattractive male was paired with the most highly desirable personality profile, neither daughters nor mothers rated him as favorably as a potential romantic partner, compared with better-looking men with less desirable personalities.

For some reason I'm not surprised, are you?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I think personality matters if a women is 5+IL when below 5 there is no way to get out of there.

Personality is also a big factor when approaching a women with a moderate IL
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I believe its a complicate thing for the simple fact that our personality if often the result of our past experiences, an ugly guy used to be rejected and pushed away will hardly develop the traits that we consider attractive.

Anyway in order to make our personality work in our favour we actually need to interact with someone, an ugly guy usually fails in terms of first impression and has to chance to do that.

Not saying that we have guilty parts in this, I just believe that we should stop bullsh1tting people with fairy tales in general.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,758
Reaction score
9,962
It makes sense. You have to pass the looks barrier before getting further consideration. If true, it pretty much refutes early PUA thinking that men attracted women based solely on behavior.

That line of thinking still persists, creating a bunch of wanna-bes walking around acting like jerk alphas. Just what we need, more jerks in the world. Thanks, pickup guys.
 
R

Ranger

Guest
Well I don’t know about you guys but if a woman is in shape, nice hips and a$$. I’m more likely to forgive more in a lot of other areas.

So a man should get into shape. Gain some muscle mass. Women forgive plenty when a guy is stacked well.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
And because of the halo effect, the attractive guy’s personality will be seen more positively (ie graded more generously or graded “on a curve”).

For the unattractive guy, not only will a good personality not save him, but his personality will be graded more harshly.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It makes sense. You have to pass the looks barrier before getting further consideration. If true, it pretty much refutes early PUA thinking that men attracted women based solely on behavior.

That line of thinking still persists, creating a bunch of wanna-bes walking around acting like jerk alphas. Just what we need, more jerks in the world. Thanks, pickup guys.
Sadly, looks denial used to be considered top secret, state of the art red pill “knowledge.”
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Well I don’t know about you guys but if a woman is in shape, nice hips and a$$. I’m more likely to forgive more in a lot of other areas.

So a man should get into shape. Gain some muscle mass. Women forgive plenty when a guy is stacked well.
Yes such is the nature of attraction.

The 1st step is a man's pulling power.

And the 2nd is his staying power.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
With good warddrobe and decent body type a less than handsome man with game will leave bigdave17 jagging off to IG models on the internet. Most guys are average. Like PlayerSupreme said an average man with game will clean up.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Well I don’t know about you guys but if a woman is in shape, nice hips and a$$. I’m more likely to forgive more in a lot of other areas.

So a man should get into shape. Gain some muscle mass. Women forgive plenty when a guy is stacked well.
We cant be less forgiving in her treatment of us
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
And because of the halo effect, the attractive guy’s personality will be seen more positively (ie graded more generously or graded “on a curve”).

For the unattractive guy, not only will a good personality not save him, but his personality will be graded more harshly.
Abolutely true, a hot guy talking dirty is confident in his sexuality, an average guy talking dirty is a creep.

Hot guy who spends extra time at work is ambitious, ugly guy spending extra time at work is trying hard to compensate and the list goes on.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Who wants a ugly person?
Ugly is opinion... Ugly to one is decent llooking with a banging body to another. Im not ugly at all but i saw dudes i thought wasnt attractive clean up with game. They just knew what to say and how to carry themselves around babes.
 

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
5,299
Reaction score
4,338
The study is flawed insofar as it doesn't account for the women's SMV in comparison to the man's.

A 9 women and her mother will be significantly prejudiced in opining a 4 man.

A 4 women and her mother sill be significantly prejudiced in opining a 9 man, as he cant be trusted to stay with her.

The general theme I agree with, but absent the showing of SMV differentials, the study is flawed.
 
R

Ranger

Guest
We cant be less forgiving in her treatment of us
I understand. I’m not to worried about that stuff. She will treat me well until it starts to fade out. Then I will move on.
I don’t really exist in that reality bro. I’m on the other side of the planet. She will instinctively know not to mess with me too much.
However, I like to make it a game. She gets retarded? She goes over my lap. That way she can play it up in the context of reward.
Controlling the frame and what happens inside that frame is where my efforts are directed.
When I’m done with her...
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Herb

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
17
Age
36
Sigh I hate to say it but this may be more true that I originally thought. Still, it's not the whole truth by any stretch, and is a generalization. It's more complex and nuanced than that.

I will say that when I went out with my overweight and unattractive friend with the intention of winging him early this summer, the women that were meant for him inevitably gravitated toward me. Even though I admit the man has a lot more "personality" than me: he plays ten instruments, sings, writes impressive poetry, draws cool art, works in a cool workplace. I don't really do much of that. I'm just more of a 7/7.5 while he's like a 4.5-5 on the physical scale. He was really pissed off and embarrassed when the girl he was going for and talking to for ten minutes ended up grabbing my hand shortly after I showed up to back him up, pulling me away from our group to go talk privately in the corner, and then later giving me her number (I'm ashamed to say that I did end up hooking up with her later, but never told him this). It isn't fair.

But at the same time, with many girls, personality still matters a lot, if not more. I've failed with some girls who were initially very attracted cause of this. And I've seen ugly dudes with hot girls, not necessarily because they had a lot of money.
 
Top