Starting HS

ElCubanito13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I'm starting high school. Is there anything I need to know? Like tips and stuff like that.

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
To make your HS experience enjoyable be an active guy. TAKE UP A SPORT(S). I do Football, indoor track, and outdoor track. If you are going to only dedicate yourself to one sport then train in that sport year round. School clubs are a joke. They often only meet once a week and have like only 10 members. You get so much more recognition from your peers and teachers if you're in a sport.

My freshman and sophomore year sucked. I was walking around the hallways scared. Head down, not talking to anyone, and slept in all my classes. It's like I wasted those two years of my life not going out on weekends and having a good time. I changed my junior year. Pretty much don't do what I did my first two years of highschool you will regret it so much. Make friends and act like you've been going to that school your whole life attended school events and have fun. When it's gone you're going to miss it so much. Attended a school car wash is going to be such a better memory for you then skipping it to go smoke weed.

Mattardz

Reaction score
Boxer said:
To make your HS experience enjoyable be an active guy. TAKE UP A SPORT(S).
Attending a school car wash is going to be such a better memory for you than skipping it to go smoke weed.

QFT, great points. And its very true, taking up sports is a great way to meet new people and upperclassmen especially.

Just don't worry about it. The more you are lax and chill, the easier the days will go by and the better your self image will be. Plus, you will make more friends that way than if you looked nervous

BigBrother

Reaction score
Hey man.

I was in your shoes three years ago. There are a LOT of things I would like to suggest, but I'm only going to give you one. I'm sure you can find more suggestions on this forum. I'm pretty new to this place, but it has so much valuable content... I wish I would have read this going into my freshman year.

Anyhow, High school is going to be different. The best thing you can do is to approach it with an open mind, and seize every opportunity to get to know people.

There are many great people you will meet throughout high school, but you may never meet them if you don't have an open mind and make an effort to meet them. Think about your best friends now. Think about how you guys met. Every friendship/relationship starts as a simple hello or a similar interation. So seize every opportunity to start one.
Let me know how things go. Best of Luck.

Watchin your back,
Big Brother.

ElCubanito13

Don Juan
Reaction score
alright thanks everyone.. i been working out everyday ... I also signed up for guitar class. Ima try to see if i can get in football or basketball. Lately I have been trying to spin as many plates as possible.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't knock clubs off the list. Colleges want to see leadership experience, and volunteer work. Clubs will provide opportunities for this as well as make connections with teachers for recommendations. W/e you do just try to make the most of it and be actively involved whether that's sports, Student government, clubs, or a mix. Find what will work towards your future and find something to get into where you are in a top position.

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wanted to add one more thing. Don't be nervous/shy around upperclassmen. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors are willing to be your friend. They are not scary bullies. Their going to know the school better then you and there is definitely some stuff you can learn from them what to expect at your homecoming dance, events for you to look forward to, etc. They will also be able to drive before you will. Having friends that can drive is AWESOME!!!!! I was a junior last school season and I offered my hand in friendship to the whole class of 2013. I became pretty popular with them and a lot of the guys look up to me and the girls would just drool over me. They could not keep their hands off. However still some were just shy/nervous and wanted nothing to do with me just because I was a junior and they felt intimidated I guess. That's where I'm getting this from. Don't be that scared kid, become friends with anyone that you can.

EDIT:
I noticed your comment about spinning plates. For now don't even worry about women. Just be that fun outgoing guy that everyone likes to be around and you won't even notice that you're "spinning plates" it will all just come together with out any effort.

With self improvement comes girls. That's what I learned.

ElCubanito13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again I want to thank you guys for contributing. Also Boxer plenty of thanks to you. You've said many words of wisdom. Thanks for all of you guys for you help.