Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting a Plant-Based Lifestyle

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day four of the new plant-based lifestyle:

The first few days are difficult. I felt withdrawal symptoms and had hard cravings when I saw people eating meats at restaurants. The hardest part is the first few days indeed. The benefits, though, are great.

1. I feel lighter all the time, no heavy sensations in my body.
2. I do not experience "food comas" even after eating a lot of plants.
3. I have more energy and can wake up earlier and go to bed later.

I will report on my progress as time goes by. So far, so good! @speed dawg @Dietrich @amazingswayze @marmel75 @zekko @ImTheDoubleGreatest! @narcissist @switch7 @shesabranchswinger
Keep this thread going man!

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely ever consume red meat. I've switched to a plant-based protein mix and before that I was taking a goatmilk protein mix.

I consume 5-10 ounces of chicken breast every day. Lots of veggies and water. Oats and brown rice are my go-to carb sources.
Espi, based on that new profile picture of yours, I knew you were into white meat only haha.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely ever consume red meat. I've switched to a plant-based protein mix and before that I was taking a goatmilk protein mix.

I consume 5-10 ounces of chicken breast every day. Lots of veggies and water. Oats and brown rice are my go-to carb sources.
a combination of Green Pea and Brown Rice protein have an almost identical amino acid profile to Whey...without any of the bloat

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a combination of Green Pea and Brown Rice protein have an almost identical amino acid profile to Whey...without any of the bloat
Interesting. I'm giving it a shot.

-----

On another note, something is up with my pheromones or my looks. I have caught females glancing at me directly as I notice them looking (compared to the traditional "you caught me so now I'm looking away" response)."

Notice that this is happening even when other males are around the female. It's almost like these women can smell or pick up something that gets their attention. Never thought plants were such good wingmen ; ]

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't stick to this, I must be weak :(

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a world-wide scale, meat-eaters are in the minority. Most of the world is vegetarian - not by choice, but because they are too poor to afford meat.

I was a vegetarian for about seven years, and a vegan for part of that time. I just wanted to drink all the beer I want, never exercise, and not get fat. It worked. I only quit when I started training mma. Today, I eat meat, but I will not go out of my way to do so. I hardly ever buy it at the grocery store, and I don't eat out a lot.

Supposedly, only meat contains B12, which is required by the body. But how come countless millions of Indian people don't have a B12 deficiency? There was a piece of research that answered that question, and the answer is.....bug turds. Insect excrement contains enough B12 to prevent the deficiency, and not all of it gets washed off.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a world-wide scale, meat-eaters are in the minority. Most of the world is vegetarian - not by choice, but because they are too poor to afford meat.

I was a vegetarian for about seven years, and a vegan for part of that time. I just wanted to drink all the beer I want, never exercise, and not get fat. It worked. I only quit when I started training mma. Today, I eat meat, but I will not go out of my way to do so. I hardly ever buy it at the grocery store, and I don't eat out a lot.

Supposedly, only meat contains B12, which is required by the body. But how come countless millions of Indian people don't have a B12 deficiency? There was a piece of research that answered that question, and the answer is.....bug turds. Insect excrement contains enough B12 to prevent the deficiency, and not all of it gets washed off.
B12 is a form of bacteria, hard to get it from meats or plants. Supplements are a cheap and easy way to get them though.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, @Masculinity.

I'm going to slowly give this a go... I'll be reducing meat consumption and jacking my vegetable intake.

I eat waaaaaay too much fast food for lunch during the week, so I got to cut that out STAT. Still bulking and starting to re-introduce cardio into the mix.

Funny someone mentioned Fuhrman above... I just started reading "The End of Dieting".

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
B12 is a form of bacteria, hard to get it from meats or plants. Supplements are a cheap and easy way to get them though.
Bible Belt was right. B12 is best found in the dirt. This again, is why so many people living a 'modern' lifestyle don't get enough of it, they don't go outside, they don't work outside.

No way I'm buying a damned supplement for that or D (which is best obtained by sunlight exposure). What a bunch of wimps we have in this world today.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think this hits on the ideal diet. Meat isn't bad, but it isn't meant to be consumed in the amounts we do it. Maybe 20% of our diets at most? Most of it should be vegetables, no doubt.

People are also looking at these extremely high fat diets to try and increase testosterone, when to me, it's hard work outdoors that increases it the most. I think lifting weights and outdoor gardening would take care of testosterone, B12 and D easily.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meat isn't bad, but it isn't meant to be consumed in the amounts we do it. Maybe 20% of our diets at most? Most of it should be vegetables, no doubt.
That's why I'm warming up to the idea of the flexitarian diet. Think BlueZones. You don't have to completely cut out meat. However, you scale it back tremendously in favor of other alternative protein options.

This sums it up nicely:
  • Load up on greens. For a salad that actually fills you up, mix three to four cups of lettuce, kale, or arugula with tons of other veggies like carrots, beets, corn, broccoli, and onions, along with a plant-based protein (or two).
  • Sub a cup of beans or lentils for the chicken, beef, or pork on a salad or in a rice bowl—they're just as filling and usually cheaper!
  • Eat legumes, like white beans, lentils, and chickpeas, Bittman suggests in VB6. For filling snacks, he goes for nuts and nut butters (in moderation).
  • Try meat substitutes—tofu, tempeh, and other soy-based products—along with tons of veggies, whole grains, and fruits, Blatner suggests in The Flexitarian Diet.
  • Focus on eating “calorie-poor but nutrient-rich,” Roizen says. This means bulking up your meals with fiber-rich veggies and plenty of other protein sources like those listed above.
  • Don't forget about quinoa, a super-versatile grain that also contains a good amount of protein (8g per cup, cooked) and can take on almost any flavor—from sweet to savory.
Plus, a diet lower in animal products and junk food and higher in vegetables, fruits, legumes, and minimally-processed grains is pretty easy to follow. (And it's less expensive than a meat-heavy diet.) Best of all, you don't have to turn down your grandma's famous pot roast or a juicy hamburger at your next backyard BBQ.​

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why I'm warming up to the idea of the flexitarian diet. Think BlueZones. You don't have to completely cut out meat. However, you scale it back tremendously in favor of other alternative protein options.

This sums it up nicely:
  • Load up on greens. For a salad that actually fills you up, mix three to four cups of lettuce, kale, or arugula with tons of other veggies like carrots, beets, corn, broccoli, and onions, along with a plant-based protein (or two).
  • Sub a cup of beans or lentils for the chicken, beef, or pork on a salad or in a rice bowl—they're just as filling and usually cheaper!
  • Eat legumes, like white beans, lentils, and chickpeas, Bittman suggests in VB6. For filling snacks, he goes for nuts and nut butters (in moderation).
  • Try meat substitutes—tofu, tempeh, and other soy-based products—along with tons of veggies, whole grains, and fruits, Blatner suggests in The Flexitarian Diet.
  • Focus on eating “calorie-poor but nutrient-rich,” Roizen says. This means bulking up your meals with fiber-rich veggies and plenty of other protein sources like those listed above.
  • Don't forget about quinoa, a super-versatile grain that also contains a good amount of protein (8g per cup, cooked) and can take on almost any flavor—from sweet to savory.
Plus, a diet lower in animal products and junk food and higher in vegetables, fruits, legumes, and minimally-processed grains is pretty easy to follow. (And it's less expensive than a meat-heavy diet.) Best of all, you don't have to turn down your grandma's famous pot roast or a juicy hamburger at your next backyard BBQ.​
Yeah, meat was always meant to sort of be a 'treat' for lack of a better term. Not something that's an absolute staple of every single meal.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible Belt was right. B12 is best found in the dirt. This again, is why so many people living a 'modern' lifestyle don't get enough of it, they don't go outside, they don't work outside.

No way I'm buying a damned supplement for that or D (which is best obtained by sunlight exposure). What a bunch of wimps we have in this world today.
Depending on where you live doesn't matter how much sun exposure you get during 6-7 months of the year(late fall-winter-early spring), it's not enough to produce any meaningful amount of D3...

Why do you think Flu season happens in the winter? Low D3 levels.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this hits on the ideal diet. Meat isn't bad, but it isn't meant to be consumed in the amounts we do it. Maybe 20% of our diets at most? Most of it should be vegetables, no doubt.

People are also looking at these extremely high fat diets to try and increase testosterone, when to me, it's hard work outdoors that increases it the most. I think lifting weights and outdoor gardening would take care of testosterone, B12 and D easily.
Know whats the best way to increase testosterone? Inject it.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on where you live doesn't matter how much sun exposure you get during 6-7 months of the year(late fall-winter-early spring), it's not enough to produce any meaningful amount of D3...

Why do you think Flu season happens in the winter? Low D3 levels.
This is an interesting hypothesis I have never heard before.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: I struggled with the diet at the beginning, but managed to stick to it. I combined the plant-based diet with cardiovascular exercise and strength training.

Results:
-Lost fat by the pounds.
-Gained considerable muscle mass, especially in my arms, shoulders & chest.
-Demystified the myth that I would not get "enough protein" to gain muscle and/or maintain it. Protein is protein. We are animals and turn it into muscle regardless of its origin (i.e., animal tissue vs. plants).
-Most of my diet is now grains, leaves vegetables, tea, and fruits.
-I stretch and meditate every day.
-I also sleep better, have more energy and became more calm overall because of this change.
-And it doesn't hurt that more women check me out blatantly and smile ; ]

I can't wait to see what I will accomplish in the next six months. Will update.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: I struggled with the diet at the beginning, but managed to stick to it.
Congratulations, Masculinity, this is nine months now. You're a better man than I am. Best of luck to your continued success!

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations, Masculinity, this is nine months now. You're a better man than I am. Best of luck to your continued success!
Thanks zekko, but don't give me too much credit. It's a very simple thing to do, you just have to stick to it. When the doctor tells you what's going to happen to your body if you continue what you're doing...it's a pretty clear choice to make.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks zekko, but don't give me too much credit. It's a very simple thing to do, you just have to stick to it.
I didn't find it so simple. I enjoyed it on some level, but I missed other foods, and obviously didn't have the willpower to stick to it.