Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
/rantmode on

Well, it happened. I've always been a Star Trek fan; it's had its ups and downs over the decades.

In the latest season of this new series, a woman is on trial for genetic modifications to pass as a human and join Starfleet, her lifelong dream. She is a decorated bridge officer and is exposed as a genetically modded individual, which violates Starfleet law.

There is a lot of passionate discourse in the courtroom, but it's transparent - it was put there to argue for the trans agenda. I noticed it immediately. There are several articles online written about this. It's a shame to co-opt our favorite shows into some arsewipes agenda.

The same thing happened in LOTR, the movies. In Tolkien's original work, Galadriel was the only female of note; that's pretty much it. Suddenly we have to pen in girl-power action figurines? A female elven Ranger? What is the actual F? As badass as Strider/Aragorn? Spare me.

/rantmode off

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I was planning on getting around to watching that particular series eventually. You have saved me a lot of time

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Star Trek. I’ve watched them all. Ironically, every series except the original. I like the new ones as well, just finished Picard. On Season 2 of Discovery. I’ll get to Strange New Worlds next.

My favorite Trek is still Deep Space Nine. It gives good allegories into war and geopolitics.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Along the lines of sci-fi you might consider checking out:

Battlestar Galáctica the new series
Altered Carbon
The Expanse
And funnily enough Farscape turned up on my streaming feed, it’s a very old series that was exploring some subject areas in future tech that was compelling, like the ship they were on was a living being, like a whale. It’s name was Moia.

If you like Star Wars the new spin-offs The Mandalorian, Bobba Fett, Obi-Wan are all done well. What I do like is, the Star Wars is starting to turn back to its roots the themes can be pretty dark but good.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
/rantmode on

Well, it happened. I've always been a Star Trek fan; it's had its ups and downs over the decades.

In the latest season of this new series, a woman is on trial for genetic modifications to pass as a human and join Starfleet, her lifelong dream. She is a decorated bridge officer and is exposed as a genetically modded individual, which violates Starfleet law.

There is a lot of passionate discourse in the courtroom, but it's transparent - it was put there to argue for the trans agenda. I noticed it immediately. There are several articles online written about this. It's a shame to co-opt our favorite shows into some arsewipes agenda.

The same thing happened in LOTR, the movies. In Tolkien's original work, Galadriel was the only female of note; that's pretty much it. Suddenly we have to pen in girl-power action figurines? A female elven Ranger? What is the actual F? As badass as Strider/Aragorn? Spare me.

/rantmode off
This is why all these intellectual properties are losing money. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Willow, lord of the rings, Scooby Doo, ghostbusters... they're all preachy garbage made by woke activists who have zero ability to come up with a good or original story.

The Star Wars series were all good. I haven’t tried Battlestar Galactica yet. Is it worth it?
Battlestar Galactica is a masterpiece.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot of passionate discourse in the courtroom, but it's transparent - it was put there to argue for the trans agenda. I noticed it immediately.
I just recently got Paramount +, and the first things I watched were the South Park and new Beavis and Butthead stuff. I love middle aged Beavis and Butthead lol. Then I watched the first season of Picard, which I enjoyed a lot, and I hear it gets better from there. Haven't seen Strange New Worlds yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I watched the first season of Discovery when it aired on CBS a few years back, and I didn't think it was as bad as some said it was.

Anyway. if you're a Trek fan, you know it's not the first time they've tackled LGBTQ stories. There was that one episode of TNG where Riker fell in love with that non-binary boy/girl, for one. My main objection to the trans agenda is pushing it onto the children, that is a terrible thing to do to the kids, and it's not going to end well. It's not a healthy mindset, not at all. I heard a lot about how Woke the Paramount + Trek shows are, and from what little I've seen of them, it's not quite as bad as I've heard. So it's been tolerable so far, hopefully that won't change. Michael from Discovery is a bit of a Mary Sue, but oh well.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever see StarCrash? It's basically a cash in on StarWars. I recently saw it again with a bottle of Disaronno next to me & sfogliatella , it's a real hoot. The female lead is Caroline Munro, so there are at least two good reasons to watch ( . )( . ) It also has a young David Hasselhoff!

The Star Wars series were all good. I haven’t tried Battlestar Galactica yet. Is it worth it?
Oh yeah. I'm assuming the early 2000s one, but even the original is pretty good.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Anyway. if you're a Trek fan, you know it's not the first time they've tackled LGBTQ stories. There was that one episode of TNG where Riker fell in love with that non-binary boy/girl, for one.
Now that I think about it there was that Trill couple, one completely androgynous, the chick was kinda butchy but definitely a chick - never looked it up but the other Trill I think I was a penis-owner.

And I don't care who does what with who, but let's leave kids out of it. And let's not let some doctor decide whether your underaged kid can get opposite-sex hormones without you knowing.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the latest season of this new series, a woman is on trial for genetic modifications to pass as a human

There is a lot of passionate discourse in the courtroom, but it's transparent - it was put there to argue for the trans agenda.
Or it could be much more straightforward and insidious than that. Hopefully that's not the case.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These new Star Trek shows are very different and just don't do for me what the old ones (TNG, DS9, Voyager) did.

I highly recommend The Orville! It is very similar to those old Trek shows, just mixes in a strong comedical undertone throughout the thought provoking stories. There's actually an LGBTQ storyline which returns a few times throughout the seasons but it goes AGAINST the mainstream woke ideology (and is thought provoking on top of that!)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly recommend The Orville! It is very similar to those old Trek shows, just mixes in a strong comedical undertone throughout the thought provoking stories.
I would also highly recommend. The Orville is so close to Trek, I don't see how they don't get sued. Maybe they are arguing that it is satire? The show started out with more humor, but as its gone on it's pared the comedy down sharply, until now it's mainly just sci fi drama. You're right about the thought provoking stories. The last season (three) was absolutely killer in that respect. That story where Malloy gets stuck back in time, ends up having a family, and Capt. Mercer wants to drag him back to the future against his will was really amazing.

I remember the LGBTQ storyline that you mentioned, and I was very surprised that it was presented so even handedly. I had expected it to really push the wokey doke ideology, but they didn't. It was kind of a reverse trans story.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love this thread. I just finished ST Discovery season 2. On the list after Discovery is Ahsoka ( Star Wars), ST Strange New Worlds, Battlestar Galactica, then Orville!

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why all these intellectual properties are losing money. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Willow, lord of the rings, Scooby Doo, ghostbusters... they're all preachy garbage made by woke activists who have zero ability to come up with a good or original story.

Battlestar Galactica is a masterpiece.
I loved the first 3 IJs. Actually impacted my life. The 4th was meh. I’m skipping 5.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would also highly recommend. The Orville is so close to Trek, I don't see how they don't get sued. Maybe they are arguing that it is satire? The show started out with more humor, but as its gone on it's pared the comedy down sharply, until now it's mainly just sci fi drama. You're right about the thought provoking stories. The last season (three) was absolutely killer in that respect. That story where Malloy gets stuck back in time, ends up having a family, and Capt. Mercer wants to drag him back to the future against his will was really amazing.

I remember the LGBTQ storyline that you mentioned, and I was very surprised that it was presented so even handedly. I had expected it to really push the wokey doke ideology, but they didn't. It was kind of a reverse trans story.
Yeah, I really felt for Malloy in that timeline where he built a life for himself. What was he supposed to do? Then again, I could also understand Capt. Mercer's decisions and probably would do the same.

Made me think of the brilliant Voyager episode called 'Tuvix'. Tuvok's and Neelix' molecules got mixed by the transporter beam while beaming them to the ship, so they became one person. The crew tried to undo the process but didn't find a way, so eventually they accepted the loss of Tuvok and Neelix and the new person (Tuvix) adjusted to his reality and tried to make himself a life on the ship.
Then, months or years later, as everybody had moved on from the event and Tuvix had made himself a life on the ship, they found a fix after all.
But now, undoing the process and changing Tuvix back into the two characters from the past, meant Tuvix would cease to exist, as if he would be killed. He basically begged the crew not to do this, that he had the right to exist and to KEEP existing, instead of being erased and turned into two other persons.

It's one of the most memorable and thought provoking Star Trek episodes to me. How do you make that decision? Tuvix is a living being, he has built a life for himself, has built relationships, experienced all kinds of things, has formed memories. Sure, on the one hand, he should never have existed, his existence is just a mistake caused by a transporter malfunction, so if you can correct the mistake you should, right? Then again, do you just erase that new person from existence while he is begging to let him be? Do the former persons that were combined into him have more right to be brought back into existence? Especially since they are not aware of their non-existence and thus cannot feel sad about it, while the existing person DOES experience great sadness about the prospect of being erased from existence (basically being killed)?

To me, this is what Star Trek is all about, the space ships and laser beams are just background for such thought provoking storylines!

Last edited: