Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Standing out from the crowd

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
There is a young good looking girl that works at a gym I go to. Since she is so good looking, she gets alot of attention from guys all the time who stand there and talk for a long time. I have spoken to her only twice and I made the conversation short and friendly. What would be the best way to make her interested and realize that I'm not like the rest who chase after her like dogs?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
215
Location
Canada
Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus
There is a young good looking girl that works at a gym I go to. Since she is so good looking, she gets alot of attention from guys all the time who stand there and talk for a long time. I have spoken to her only twice and I made the conversation short and friendly. What would be the best way to make her interested and realize that I'm not like the rest who chase after her like dogs?
You've almost answered your own question.

Don't chase her like the other chumps.
 

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Re: Re: Standing out from the crowd

Originally posted by Slickster
You've almost answered your own question.

Don't chase her like the other chumps.
I guess you're right. But the difficult part would be to get to know her with time rather than pressuring or persuing her.
 

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
As you walk by...*mumble..."someone needs to lay off those milkshakes. Wink at her as you pass. This should atleast get you into convo, if she acts snobby then forget her.
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
lol, good one, or walk past her desk and just when you are passing her, shoot her a quick glance. If she looks at you, stop dead in your tracks, sigh a big sigh, and walk directly to her desk and say "Can't I just come in here one time without all you women leering at me"? Shake your head as you walk away.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
ill give you three words.

you look... different.
 
Top