speed dating

Rockstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
So a friend of mine talked me into going to a speed dating thingy tonight. I figure it won't hurt, and hey, we get free wine and beer!!! So anyways, do any of you have any speed dating experience? Can anyone give me some tips on doing this? I have no clue about the quality of the women I'll be talking to, but I meet with each girl for 8 minutes, which seems long for speed dating. Anyhow, any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tau

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to think up some original things to talk about. EVERY guy will ask the girls what they do for work, what they do for fun, etc. This gets old when 20 people ask you this.

In a similar vain, come up with some good answers to common questions you'll be hearing.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have NEVER done something like this. But, I can see myself having some success.

Why? Because I truly won't care. I would go there for the wine and to have fun. And let my personality (borderline cucky and with lot of fun) take over.

The odds are that at least one of about 20 women would like what she sees.

Another thing, I won't go alone. I don't have a problem going to places ALONE (such as nightclubs, etc.), because I tend to meet males there anyway (a woman see me talking with the bouncer, other cool people, and authomatically think that I KNOW those cool dudes too). But in a place like speed dating? I'm not there to mingle with guys (a nightclub is okay). So, bringing a couple of male friends (social proof) might be appropriate on this.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I'm in a position to join one of those things, I'll join in. Why? Because it's just another opportunity for women to see the difference between me and other fvcks. I mean, guys who go to that stuff have nothing on me. Neither do guys that go to the gyms, clubs, supermarket. Nor the guys walking on the street, sleeping, wherever, no guy has nothing on me. I'm excellence, and I'm raw.

Rockstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

Don Juan Montoya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont ask the same bullsh1t that every other geek asks. Be different. I had crap luck w/ speed dating. Alot of chubbies. It seemed like alot of the chicks went there because they saw it in a movie & thought it would be fun. Or they went because there friend went & kept them company. Its not cheap too. $38 here in orange county...