Speed Dating, tips please?!

Reaction score
How do you approach this thing? I've been single for a while but have been hitting the gym and am noticing a few more looks from the girls, so reckon I could be successful if I just differentiate myself from everyone else in there.

Also, are there usually more guys than girls, or equal numbers? Do the guys tend to be much competition in these things?

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a killjoy, I'd say don't do it.

I did it once. I went with a buddy. I put down half the girls as a No, and half as a Yes. I got one match, which turned into a boring date. My buddy and I both felt like we had a good time, but neither of us wants to do it again. If I did, I'd be a lot more C&F and a lot less give a sh*t.

And from the pleading emails I keep getting from the company, it seems like a lot of men are feeling the same way - they've more women than guys on their books and can't get guys to turn up.

If you are going, I'd say you should be bold. Don't ask the boring standard questions but don't try making up goofy, fun questions either. Try asking them about sex, stuff like that. Go with a real who cares attitude and don't expect anything good to come of it.

MisterAl

Don Juan
Reaction score