"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Special Situation

StarmanDeluxe

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I've got a lot of momentum going with this one girl, but there's a problem. It's summer, and she's about to leave for a 7-week vacation. I really want to cement this one down before she leaves because I know this girl is definite LTR potential and that is definitely what I want from her.

So, she leaves day after tomorrow. How can I ask her to hang with me for a while when she's (probably) busy getting ready? I mean, I think I can handle things once they're in place, but I dunno what to say to get together for the day. Any suggestions?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
"Hey, looks like you're leaving soon, how about we go on a quick date and get some coffee or a bite to eat?"

If she's interested in you enough, she'll find an hour out of her schedule to chat with you over some coffee. If she gives you a raincheck for after, she's not interested in you enough to give up a day of packing and getting ready.

Depending on how hetic it is, you never know. But if you involve the word quick, you say quick and it means quick, then she shouldn't decline.
 

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
522
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
WA State
If shes leaving for that long and hasnt gotten into you that much then she most likely wont say yes (as in bf gf). She probably would rather be free and not tied down and would more likely say yes when she got back. Just take her on a "quick" date or whatever and try and call her cell while shes gone every once in a while or somthin
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
wh01987 you are wrong, just because she is not in to him and is about to go on vacation, means nothing. She might not want to, or might not be ready to go further but the fact she hasnt does not necciserly mean so much, you can not conclude that with so little information given. Firstly do not start calling her so much because thats genrally a bad move. Sure going on a date would be good, then leave it and when she comes back pick up form where you left off and then you can ask her if you want a relationship.

hope ive been a help
 

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
I suggest you dont ask her out until after her vacation.... if you ask her out before, it will be bad. 1... you wont get to talk to her much, so you wont have any time to build on the relationship at the beginning where it matters most... 2... on a 7 week trip, i wouldn't want to worry about her getting drunk and ****ing some guy.. women are scandalous... 3... it wont be as much fun for either of you since you'll both miss eachother more.... 4... just dont do it.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top