Hey guys, first off lemme give you a brief run down of my life so far just to let you know the situation 
Basically I'm 20 and I'm in my 2nd year at university. I've never been the greatest with women and I blame this mainly on the fact that when I was younger I was the fat kid. This continued until I was around 17 and I (over the course of a year) lost all the weight. Now, I'm in pretty good shape. In fact, after I'd lost the fat and put on a bit of muscle I got a lot fo compliments from girls that used to go to my school (and I still do now from my girl friends
).
Anyway because I was always so self-concious about my looks and weight, I was never the most successful guy with women. I only ever pulled the first girl when I was 18 and a half and that was just because I was pretty drunk in a nightclub. Since then I've only pulled 3 more girls and they were all in nightclubs too and I'm still a virgin.
Now the problem is throughout my life I've never really met a girl that I've REALLY close to. I guess the only girl that I ever wanted I met when I first arrived in halls. She got together with a guy within in the first few days and I didn't make a move because back then I was the biggest AFC you had ever met. Anyway time progressed and she was always flirting with me and giving me compliments and blah de blah. I feel that if I'd known about all this DJ stuff I probably could have actually got her for myself.
However me being the chump I was I developed a case of oneitis and basically did EVERYTHING I'm not supposed to, you know like thinking that hanging around her for ages slating her boyfriend whilst he was off pulling other girls and then expecting her to go to bed with me ya know.. Eventually I did actually tell her I liked her which I know was a HUGE mistake but hey I've learnt.
Anyway I DO realise what a complete mistake that was and although I do still have feelings for her I do believe that there are better girls out there for me and I swear I will not make the same mistakes as I did with this girl.
Now the thing is, although I'm not very experienced with girls I have been reading a lot of the material on sosuave and I've read DYD and quite a few other articles. I seem to understand the basics about being ****y and funny and being a tease etc but I just can't seem to apply it to my life.
I seem to be in this state of mind at the moment where I feel that I need a girl to be happy. I KNOW this is a silly thing to believe and I want to get it out of my head but it keeps creeping it's way back to me. I don't know WHY I need one because I've thought about how different my life would be and it wouldn't really.. I'd just have a girl to hang out with every so often and that's the only difference.
Now the thing is it's all well and good everyone saying 'yeah just go to the highstreet or a coffee shop or something and just walk up to a girl and say hey' etc etc but at the moment I just can't do that. I do have a bit of confidence. I mean I can quite easily talk to people who introduce themselves to me and I can talk confidently to pretty much everyone except complete strangers. I guess this comes with experience but I don't have that right now. And I know a lot of you will probably say 'you're only gonna get experience by going out and trying this stuff' but it's such a huge leap for me to go from some guy who only rarely talks to girls in nightclubs to just wondering the streets approaching every girl in sight.
I do want to be better with women but I don't know why but I'm scared. It's like every time I see a gorgeous girl I just feel intimidated. I know I'm a fairly good looking guy and I know I should be able to get a good looking woman but when I actually see one I feel very intimidated and I seem to get flooded with doubts.
Also, like I said I'm still at university and you'd think it's the greatest place to meet women but really it isn't. I mean there aren't any girls on my course (computing course) so I don't get to meet any there and there aren't any in the sports clubs I'm in (cause they're guy sports) and the only real place that I can approach women seems to be nightclubs and there I always seem to have to have quite a few drinks to do the approaching.
I'm sorry I've gone on so long in this post lol, I just really want to sort my life out. I only really go out clubbing once a week and that seems to be my only chance to meet women. Most of the time though I just come back drunk feeling incredibly depressed because I didn't meet anyone and all my friends are out with girls and this girl I liked turned me down and blah blah blah.. you get the drift lol.
If anyone can help me out with my situation or tell me stories of how you changed your life around I'd greatly appreciate it - thanks!
Basically I'm 20 and I'm in my 2nd year at university. I've never been the greatest with women and I blame this mainly on the fact that when I was younger I was the fat kid. This continued until I was around 17 and I (over the course of a year) lost all the weight. Now, I'm in pretty good shape. In fact, after I'd lost the fat and put on a bit of muscle I got a lot fo compliments from girls that used to go to my school (and I still do now from my girl friends
Anyway because I was always so self-concious about my looks and weight, I was never the most successful guy with women. I only ever pulled the first girl when I was 18 and a half and that was just because I was pretty drunk in a nightclub. Since then I've only pulled 3 more girls and they were all in nightclubs too and I'm still a virgin.
Now the problem is throughout my life I've never really met a girl that I've REALLY close to. I guess the only girl that I ever wanted I met when I first arrived in halls. She got together with a guy within in the first few days and I didn't make a move because back then I was the biggest AFC you had ever met. Anyway time progressed and she was always flirting with me and giving me compliments and blah de blah. I feel that if I'd known about all this DJ stuff I probably could have actually got her for myself.
However me being the chump I was I developed a case of oneitis and basically did EVERYTHING I'm not supposed to, you know like thinking that hanging around her for ages slating her boyfriend whilst he was off pulling other girls and then expecting her to go to bed with me ya know.. Eventually I did actually tell her I liked her which I know was a HUGE mistake but hey I've learnt.
Anyway I DO realise what a complete mistake that was and although I do still have feelings for her I do believe that there are better girls out there for me and I swear I will not make the same mistakes as I did with this girl.
Now the thing is, although I'm not very experienced with girls I have been reading a lot of the material on sosuave and I've read DYD and quite a few other articles. I seem to understand the basics about being ****y and funny and being a tease etc but I just can't seem to apply it to my life.
I seem to be in this state of mind at the moment where I feel that I need a girl to be happy. I KNOW this is a silly thing to believe and I want to get it out of my head but it keeps creeping it's way back to me. I don't know WHY I need one because I've thought about how different my life would be and it wouldn't really.. I'd just have a girl to hang out with every so often and that's the only difference.
Now the thing is it's all well and good everyone saying 'yeah just go to the highstreet or a coffee shop or something and just walk up to a girl and say hey' etc etc but at the moment I just can't do that. I do have a bit of confidence. I mean I can quite easily talk to people who introduce themselves to me and I can talk confidently to pretty much everyone except complete strangers. I guess this comes with experience but I don't have that right now. And I know a lot of you will probably say 'you're only gonna get experience by going out and trying this stuff' but it's such a huge leap for me to go from some guy who only rarely talks to girls in nightclubs to just wondering the streets approaching every girl in sight.
I do want to be better with women but I don't know why but I'm scared. It's like every time I see a gorgeous girl I just feel intimidated. I know I'm a fairly good looking guy and I know I should be able to get a good looking woman but when I actually see one I feel very intimidated and I seem to get flooded with doubts.
Also, like I said I'm still at university and you'd think it's the greatest place to meet women but really it isn't. I mean there aren't any girls on my course (computing course) so I don't get to meet any there and there aren't any in the sports clubs I'm in (cause they're guy sports) and the only real place that I can approach women seems to be nightclubs and there I always seem to have to have quite a few drinks to do the approaching.
I'm sorry I've gone on so long in this post lol, I just really want to sort my life out. I only really go out clubbing once a week and that seems to be my only chance to meet women. Most of the time though I just come back drunk feeling incredibly depressed because I didn't meet anyone and all my friends are out with girls and this girl I liked turned me down and blah blah blah.. you get the drift lol.
If anyone can help me out with my situation or tell me stories of how you changed your life around I'd greatly appreciate it - thanks!