Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Something wrong with Bumble?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Having a strange problem with Bumble recently. I've been matched with several ladies, but after they right swipe, I never hear from them and the match expires. As others may know, the lady has to make the first move within 24 hours or the match expires. Since Sunday, I've had around 9 ladies matched and they've been expiring day after day.

Anyone else experience this?

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had matches expire and just figured the girl changed her mind or wasn't that interested. Do you use the extension for girls you're particularly interested in?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I've had matches expire and just figured the girl changed her mind or wasn't that interested. Do you use the extension for girls you're particularly interested in?
I used to, but all those said was, ahh, that's sweet, then ghosted or disappeared when I asked to meet up shortly after; so I stopped doing so.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to, but all those said was, ahh, that's sweet, then ghosted or disappeared when I asked to meet up shortly after; so I stopped doing so.
Yeah I don't think I've had one match turn into a date from an extension. It really shouldn't be that hard for a girl to say hello within 24 hours of getting a notification. Though there does seem to be a high number if inactive profiles that aren't set to private. I personally get more matches and dates off of tinder.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just weird they like you to match and then they drop off. It's even more weird that it expires in 24 hours or you have to wait for them to initiate the message. Seems counter productive. Never tried tinder. Heard some really weird stories.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard this complaint from guys I've chatted with on Bumble - that the match occurs but she just doesnt say anything. I would guess that she's most likely not paying attention to bumble (as in not even getting alerts) I've also been tod there are a fair amount of fake accounts, so some of these situations are probably that. Then there are the complete flakes and there are females that swype rght on everyone to see what they get, instead of actually taking their time.

I wouldn't sweat it. If it is a real missed connection, they probably were not a good match to begin with,

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had to take a wild guess, they are on multiple OLD apps/sites and are preoccupied with their matches. Another theory is that another match is standing out to them in LMS/SMV from pics or what was said in profile and are giving him attention first.

Most women I’ve found on bumble so far have lukewarm interest, don’t invest much in convo, and ghost/radio silent before popping the date question.

Not to mention distracting attention on social media posts, comments, and DMs.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FWIW lol Bumble really sucks as an app. most guys I talk to these days are really hateful and bitter about their OLD experiences, and it sounds like they have a right to be.

I definitely feel the brunt of it. One time i was accused of swiping on bumble on a sunday morning because my dates for friday and saturday didnt work out. That was his reply "swiping on bumble on a sunday morning? what, your friday and saturday dates didnt work out?"

it's pretty comical but then sad that this IS the state of OLD. I'm treating it as a novely moving forward. I will respond to and meet people but there's no reason to invest in it prematurely.

Last edited:

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao @sazc, damn, well I’m glad I’m not one of those bitter dudes telling girls on OLD about my experiences. If a woman asks about my OLD experience or current situation, I say “it’s going very well” and leave it at that... even if I don’t have any dates on deck.

Positive attitude is definitely more attractive than being negative or bitter.

As an experiment, I wrote “looking for a LTR, no hook ups” because I see a lot of women do this on OLD and that created a funny conversation with a bumble chick. :lol:

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This happens to me all the time, dont worry about it, keep matching, its a numbers game. I was having a conversation the other night with a plate of mine that I met on Bumble. She told me that its a lot of work to go through all the steps on finding someone you click with.

BIsh said this,

1. Male swipes right on female
2. Female decides whether or not she wants to match with male
3. Female matches with male
4. Female initiates contact with male
5. Male responds and female is interested or not
6. Set up a date
7. Meet for first time to see of there is any chemistry

Her exact words were "its a lot of work trying to find someone you click with through online dating" Sounds like a lazy bish. Another good reason to approach women in public.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a strange problem with Bumble recently. I've been matched with several ladies, but after they right swipe, I never hear from them and the match expires. As others may know, the lady has to make the first move within 24 hours or the match expires. Since Sunday, I've had around 9 ladies matched and they've been expiring day after day.

Anyone else experience this?
I don't know what the algorithm is exactly. I dif have a coding and IT background at one point. Its a guess and likely a long shot, but here goes nothing.

My guess is it's a combination of the following:

1. An upsell
  2. Attempt to buy boost
  3. Fake bio
  4. Attention *****s
A buddy kills online. Its a combination of looks and paying. Its apparently not showing your bio to vast majority of people.

I've user it on biz trips, road trips, weekend get away, etc and I've tried boost and tinder + having a 80% match conversion rate.

My biggest concern still is that, a significant portion were outside top form SMV. Many were pre or post wall. Its annoying given these were older women slipping into my DMs despite my prerequisite. That being top form SMV. Still, mostly convert on early to mid 20s.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
FWIW lol Bumble really sucks as an app. most guys I talk to these days are really hateful and bitter about their OLD experiences, and it sounds like they have a right to be.

I definitely feel the brunt of it. One time i was accused of swiping on bumble on a sunday morning because my dates for friday and saturday didnt work out. That was his reply "swiping on bumble on a sunday morning? what, your friday and saturday dates didnt work out?"

it's pretty comical but then sad that this IS the state of OLD. I'm treating it as a novely moving forward. I will respond to and meet people but there's no reason to invest in it prematurely.
I can see that being an issue. However, why someone would take that out on another person is beyond me.

This happens to me all the time, dont worry about it, keep matching, its a numbers game. I was having a conversation the other night with a plate of mine that I met on Bumble. She told me that its a lot of work to go through all the steps on finding someone you click with.

BIsh said this,

1. Male swipes right on female
2. Female decides whether or not she wants to match with male
3. Female matches with male
4. Female initiates contact with male
5. Male responds and female is interested or not
6. Set up a date
7. Meet for first time to see of there is any chemistry

Her exact words were "its a lot of work trying to find someone you click with through online dating" Sounds like a lazy bish. Another good reason to approach women in public.
Ironically, most of these ladies swiped on me first, then I received the notification. One, ironically, I was chatting on Match, but then went silent when asked for her number. She actually agreed first, then went silent. So, when she swiped right on me first, I thought that was a good sign. What you posted above seems like she was lazy. This OLD seems like a means to an end sometimes. One of the reasons why I refuse to pay for the services anymore. Feels like I am just throwing money into the wind.

I don't know what the algorithm is exactly. I dif have a coding and IT background at one point. Its a guess and likely a long shot, but here goes nothing.

My guess is it's a combination of the following:

1. An upsell
  2. Attempt to buy boost
  3. Fake bio
  4. Attention *****s
A buddy kills online. Its a combination of looks and paying. Its apparently not showing your bio to vast majority of people.

I've user it on biz trips, road trips, weekend get away, etc and I've tried boost and tinder + having a 80% match conversion rate.

My biggest concern still is that, a significant portion were outside top form SMV. Many were pre or post wall. Its annoying given these were older women slipping into my DMs despite my prerequisite. That being top form SMV. Still, mostly convert on early to mid 20s.
Some were quite attractive. I understand attractiveness is different from person to person, but attractive nonetheless; at least to me. I keep my profile pretty short, however, you cannot hide your profile to the masses on Bumble. I also did the selective profile on Match a few months ago, it showed similar results.

My successes seem to come in waves. I get a rush of them all at once from the services I use, then it is like dead. So weird.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some were quite attractive.
No doubt but, shoop and filters can make w busted girl look good.

I understand attractiveness is different from person to person, but attractive nonetheless; at least to me. I keep my profile pretty short, however, you cannot hide your profile to the masses on Bumble. I also did the selective profile on Match a few months ago, it showed similar results.
Assuming you are 7+ in facial aesthetics, you still have your work cut out.

If you're 6+ it'd going to be a challenge. Not impossible but...

Below 6, you're as good as ****ed!

My successes seem to come in waves. I get a rush of them all at once from the services I use, then it is like dead. So weird.
Its monumental to spin plates. Its not game unless cold approach. Day/night game is key. Its not about being a pua. Cultivate being that guy who goes for it.

Its not weird. Its female entitlement and hypergamy. Its a double edge sword.

Hypergamy is what pushed the proliferation of survival of the fittest. If not for it, we would still be in the dark ages in a mud hut throwing our feces.

Google "run away theory."

Hypergamy on a individual level is a double edge sword as, women peak Early and men peak late. More over, she can piss away her twenties as Chad's booty call but, new girls are turning eighteen everyday.

Her reality check kicks off. Its baby rabies and inability to compete with hotter top form SMV which initiates a u-turn in behavior. Its good girl shtick, rope in beta male provider cuck.

How do you combat female hypergamy on steroids?

No marriage. Spin plates. Go get baeee. Note, acquisition of resources, career, lifestyle by you a man is based upon talent and skill. Its your genius. Women get a free ride due to girl power, affirmative action, and quotas. Its again the sane free drink phenomena that cheers women off the cliff.

Play the game. Go get baeee. More important, get a life. Call ALL-IN. Go after your dream. Women are temporary conquests. Its short flings no matter how hot. Its declining SMV that changes her behavior.

All women are the same.

Lead. Let her follow or #next! Its a way of life. If you switch off, some other hungrier lion will jack up your cherish.

Step up or step aside.

Use tinder but, do not excuse yourself from actual game,cold approach.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First and only mistake was signing up for the bull****

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90% of the matches on here seem to be registered nurse or hair stylist. Me thinks there's a lot of fake profiles. :rolleyes:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of fake profiles and women who aren't on there to seriously date. A lot of women use it when they are bored. Of the bored women, probably half just do it for validation, and the other half do it to start a convo with someone immediately for entertainment purposes only. For the latter kind of user, the only way she'll message is if you both swipe right on each other within a minute or two of each other. If you are witty enough to entertain her and keep her interested, she might agree to a date. You can tell the type because they put zero effort into the conversation and mostly give one or three word replies.

Another factor: There is an article making the rounds this week about a study done that proves the majority of OLD users are trying to date up, and find someone at least 25% more attractive than they are. Due to the many choices people have in OLD, they tend to think this is possible. And it probably is with a lot of attempts. That simply means fewer people taking action on matches.

As others have said, it's a numbers game. I've been successful on Bumble but I will have days or weeks where 90% of my matches message me and other times where I get zero messages.

My advice:
1. Don't take no-communication personally. H*ll, don't take ANYTHING personally, in or out of OLD
2. Know that the blend of anonymity, opportunity for self-validation, and addictive qualities of the app do not make for an experience that is anything like meeting people in real life. That's ok, it is what it is, just recognize that it's a different game/scenario and don't try to apply real-life expectations, behaviors, and formalities to OLD.
3. Move quickly. You are there to set a date, not chat or get to know them. You get to know them F2F not over messages. EVERY girl I have ever talked to on OLD appreciates when I quickly ask them for a drink. I send them at most 10 messages, and usually less, before asking them out. If they complain that they want to get to know you better first, that's a red flag. Why would ANYONE, male or female, want to invest their time in sending text messages to a stranger who may or may not be who they portray themselves as online, in the HOPES that maybe they will say yes to a date. Plus it puts them in the driver's seat.... you waiting for them to say yes. Nope. Be charming, a bit funny, but don't try too hard, then quickly get to the point. Anything else: NEXT.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
No doubt but, shoop and filters can make w busted girl look good.

Assuming you are 7+ in facial aesthetics, you still have your work cut out.

If you're 6+ it'd going to be a challenge. Not impossible but...

Below 6, you're as good as ****ed!

Its monumental to spin plates. Its not game unless cold approach. Day/night game is key. Its not about being a pua. Cultivate being that guy who goes for it.

Its not weird. Its female entitlement and hypergamy. Its a double edge sword.

Hypergamy is what pushed the proliferation of survival of the fittest. If not for it, we would still be in the dark ages in a mud hut throwing our feces.

Google "run away theory."

Hypergamy on a individual level is a double edge sword as, women peak Early and men peak late. More over, she can piss away her twenties as Chad's booty call but, new girls are turning eighteen everyday.

Her reality check kicks off. Its baby rabies and inability to compete with hotter top form SMV which initiates a u-turn in behavior. Its good girl shtick, rope in beta male provider cuck.

How do you combat female hypergamy on steroids?

No marriage. Spin plates. Go get baeee. Note, acquisition of resources, career, lifestyle by you a man is based upon talent and skill. Its your genius. Women get a free ride due to girl power, affirmative action, and quotas. Its again the sane free drink phenomena that cheers women off the cliff.

Play the game. Go get baeee. More important, get a life. Call ALL-IN. Go after your dream. Women are temporary conquests. Its short flings no matter how hot. Its declining SMV that changes her behavior.

All women are the same.

Lead. Let her follow or #next! Its a way of life. If you switch off, some other hungrier lion will jack up your cherish.

Step up or step aside.

Use tinder but, do not excuse yourself from actual game,cold approach.
I am not sure of my looks rating. Women have said I look better in public than online, but I have no idea if that is true or not. I only cold approach at Meetups or gatherings where I can be my natural self. If I am at the grocery store, I am not going to walk up to a woman and flirt. I've never had success with that. I've done it a few times at Meetups and gatherings and I have been successful. Online dating I do not like and I've been deleting my profile from them. Sick of Match. In the last two days, I've had apparently 56 new views and two likes, but no one responds to my messages or initiates contact unless they are fatties.
90% of the matches on here seem to be registered nurse or hair stylist. Me thinks there's a lot of fake profiles. :rolleyes:
Yep, a lot of nurses it seems. They are nuts most of them with zero personality.

Lots of fake profiles and women who aren't on there to seriously date. A lot of women use it when they are bored. Of the bored women, probably half just do it for validation, and the other half do it to start a convo with someone immediately for entertainment purposes only. For the latter kind of user, the only way she'll message is if you both swipe right on each other within a minute or two of each other. If you are witty enough to entertain her and keep her interested, she might agree to a date. You can tell the type because they put zero effort into the conversation and mostly give one or three word replies.

Another factor: There is an article making the rounds this week about a study done that proves the majority of OLD users are trying to date up, and find someone at least 25% more attractive than they are. Due to the many choices people have in OLD, they tend to think this is possible. And it probably is with a lot of attempts. That simply means fewer people taking action on matches.

As others have said, it's a numbers game. I've been successful on Bumble but I will have days or weeks where 90% of my matches message me and other times where I get zero messages.

My advice:
1. Don't take no-communication personally. H*ll, don't take ANYTHING personally, in or out of OLD
2. Know that the blend of anonymity, opportunity for self-validation, and addictive qualities of the app do not make for an experience that is anything like meeting people in real life. That's ok, it is what it is, just recognize that it's a different game/scenario and don't try to apply real-life expectations, behaviors, and formalities to OLD.
3. Move quickly. You are there to set a date, not chat or get to know them. You get to know them F2F not over messages. EVERY girl I have ever talked to on OLD appreciates when I quickly ask them for a drink. I send them at most 10 messages, and usually less, before asking them out. If they complain that they want to get to know you better first, that's a red flag. Why would ANYONE, male or female, want to invest their time in sending text messages to a stranger who may or may not be who they portray themselves as online, in the HOPES that maybe they will say yes to a date. Plus it puts them in the driver's seat.... you waiting for them to say yes. Nope. Be charming, a bit funny, but don't try too hard, then quickly get to the point. Anything else: NEXT.

Bumble has been a complete loser. I've must of had 30+ like matches, none have turned into real meets. I've gotten numbers from half, but they just drop off or cancel. The remaining just never respond after the match. It's hard not to take it personally, as I've never had such rejection in my life. I feel pathetic. I think I have a pretty high SMV. I used to think my looks were 8 or so, but I take bad pics it seems so the online dating results have hurt my ego a bit in terms of looks. I dated a psycho 9 last year. She told me I was hot a few times and Insta'd me a few times. However, it ended pretty fast as I wouldn't take care of her. She's still on online dating. In fact, she blocked me on Bumble. Very childish. She attempted to control me with her pvssy. That didn't work, so she started to pout and I have no patience for that and I wished her on her way. The way things are going now in my dating life, I may have acted haphazardly. Though, I have a policy of not looking back, so I will not reach out again.

It just sucks sometimes.

richersandman

Banned
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I signed up for bumble a few days ago with a secondary facebook account. It looks like it's great for meeting slightly more mature women. Most profiles are 30+, and the youngest are at least 27 or so. Maybe they will prove less flaky than tinder responses? I might use my primary facebook account for this.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not sure of my looks rating. Women have said I look better in public than online, but I have no idea if that is true or not.
Get better pics. You can have to professional pics or semi pro pics taken. It will make a huge diff.

I only cold approach at Meetups or gatherings where I can be my natural self. If I am at the grocery store, I am not going to walk up to a woman and flirt.

And how's that working out for you?

A chick age 18 requested my IG with pad and paper all planned as I entered a grocery store.

Its not game time sometimes. Its on all the time. Its not about your feelers or your fake ****ing wig and mustache. Its not amateur hour. Its go time the moment you wake up.

You can cultivate a skill set regardless of where or when but its depending on the amount of effort you put in.

Many guys go nearly a decade with amateur hour skill set and effort. Still has approach anxiety. Absolutely pathetic.

Its not about the girl. Its not about women or world. Its about transcending who and what you are. Its about being. Be "that guy." Shoot from the hip. No questions asked.

Even a few months of solid pickup and you got material for days. If your exposing yourself to the fire, not dipping a toe in once a year. I mean, Cannon ball in, forged in fire; you will level up.

Every set is practice regardless of sex appeal.

I've never had success with that. I've done it a few times at Meetups and gatherings and I have been successful. Online dating I do not like and I've been deleting my profile from them. Sick of Match. In the last two days, I've had apparently 56 new views and two likes, but no one responds to my messages or initiates contact unless they are fatties.
Cold approach ftw!

Do online but, go big or go home. Get pro pics. If you use tinder/bumble, use boost.

Online is passive dating. Its for girls. Its ego boosting to these junkies.

Its no excuse not to approach. Wuddup @ everything thin, Young, attractive.

Chat up baeeeee like you already went balls deep + muted on her face. Be delusional about it.

If a girl ghosts, I could give a ****. I got mine!

Top form SMV has a short window. The wall is coming for her.

Its not about one set. Its about winning the accumulation of sets and thus winning the game.

Step up or step aside. Just know...

New girls are turning 18 everyday.

Feels good man.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get better pics. You can have to professional pics or semi pro pics taken. It will make a huge diff.

And how's that working out for you?

A chick age 18 requested my IG with pad and paper all planned as I entered a grocery store.

Its not game time sometimes. Its on all the time. Its not about your feelers or your fake ****ing wig and mustache. Its not amateur hour. Its go time the moment you wake up.

You can cultivate a skill set regardless of where or when but its depending on the amount of effort you put in.

Many guys go nearly a decade with amateur hour skill set and effort. Still has approach anxiety. Absolutely pathetic.

Its not about the girl. Its not about women or world. Its about transcending who and what you are. Its about being. Be "that guy." Shoot from the hip. No questions asked.

Even a few months of solid pickup and you got material for days. If your exposing yourself to the fire, not dipping a toe in once a year. I mean, Cannon ball in, forged in fire; you will level up.

Every set is practice regardless of sex appeal.

Cold approach ftw!

Do online but, go big or go home. Get pro pics. If you use tinder/bumble, use boost.

Online is passive dating. Its for girls. Its ego boosting to these junkies.

Its no excuse not to approach. Wuddup @ everything thin, Young, attractive.

Chat up baeeeee like you already went balls deep + muted on her face. Be delusional about it.

If a girl ghosts, I could give a ****. I got mine!

Top form SMV has a short window. The wall is coming for her.

Its not about one set. Its about winning the accumulation of sets and thus winning the game.

Step up or step aside. Just know...

New girls are turning 18 everyday.

Feels good man.
Love to read a field report from you. Maybe one of these women who seem to flock to you, when you take them on a date, field report. And then follow that up with continuous posts of how you keep them round like you do.

You constantly post how you have it ALL figure out. Would be very beneficial for the forum to post your methods so they could learn..