Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some women get it

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel that an overwhelming message of this forum is that women cause all the **** and that they don't get it. While I can certainly agree they cause *some* of the ****, we tend to overlook our own downfalls and on women who seem to have their heads on right.

I mentioned this chick before, as she is a blogger for a local website. Its fairly big and spreading to other cities around the US. Here is a particular email regarding a 700 dollar V-day dinner.

http://www.stoollala.com/random-thoughts/reader-email-23/

In particular, here is what caught my eye that gave me some hope.

The **** does your girlfriend/wife do where $700+= dinner, that snobby little *****. She’s not even going halvsies with you? I think I went on one “date” where I let someone pay, unless you count all the times Prezzy ordered pizza on the bus at Stoolapalooza, I didn’t pay for that. I mean am I the only girl here that talks the talk and walks the walk? You want all the same rights as men but still cling on to your gender roles like a little girl watching Cinderella. That’s not how it works. If we’re going out to dinner and I like you as much as you like me, we go halvsies. I can’t even justify a guy spending like $60 on dinner when we could just go to the Texas Roadhouse on a Wednesday night and get 2 meals for $20. I mean what the **** is she getting you if you’re taking her out on that absurd dinner? A pygmy elephant? You can’t even say sex because nobody’s ***** is that bomb. NOBODYS.
In the words of El-pres, "I would marry the **** out of this chick".

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
I feel that an overwhelming message of this forum is that women cause all the **** and that they don't get it. While I can certainly agree they cause *some* of the ****, we tend to overlook our own downfalls and on women who seem to have their heads on right.

I mentioned this chick before, as she is a blogger for a local website. Its fairly big and spreading to other cities around the US. Here is a particular email regarding a 700 dollar V-day dinner.

http://www.stoollala.com/random-thoughts/reader-email-23/

In particular, here is what caught my eye that gave me some hope.

In the words of El-pres, "I would marry the **** out of this chick".

well some guys don't know what to do with their money and like to use it to show their affection. Why is she hating?
I mean it's not like it's isolated, EVERY rich guys like to spoil their gfs. In clubs n paris 700 is price of a little champagne magnum.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
well some guys don't know what to do with their money and like to use it to show their affection. Why is she hating?
I mean it's not like it's isolated, EVERY rich guys like to spoil their gfs. In clubs n paris 700 is price of a little champagne magnum.
Wow, real productive way to blow 700$.. Buy a chick a drink.. woo.
Why is she hating? Like she said, girls that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. That's what she's hating on.
BBbardot said:
well some guys don't know what to do with their money
sarcasm Here's a good way: Be your girl's limitless credit card! Woo! /sarcasm

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
Spending money is not the same as being rich. $700 bottle of champagne, in a club, for no special occasion? Not going to stay rich for long once daddy's money dries up.

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JustLurk said:
Wow, real productive way to blow 700$.. Buy a chick a drink.. woo.
Why is she hating? Like she said, girls that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. That's what she's hating on.
sarcasm Here's a good way: Be your girl's limitless credit card! Woo! /sarcasm

i stil ldon't get it. You will understand when you have **** load of money. Buying a girl you love something that will make her hyper happy for 6 months will be like giving her a chocolate bar.
I'm not saying it's smart or anything. But it's the most common thing in the world. you would probably do it too...I guess it's hard to resist. It's like when i get a high pay than usual, i can't help buying poeple i love stuffs ( like my mom, my best friends, my boyfriend...)
doesn't mean you don't love them genuilly, doesn't mean they are interested in you because of your money.
I guess it's ok to do that with the right girl that you know prior that she is around because she likes you.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
Buying a girl you love something that will make her hyper happy for 6 months will be like giving her a chocolate bar.
Which do you like as a gift? Something expensive and generic, or something that your man took time to put together and made just for you. Unfortunately, because he made it for you it doesn't cost $1000+

Think about it. Money can do many things, but make people happy isn't one of them. In the case with your example, I'm sure your friends and family appreciated the gift more than the price tag.

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
$700 bottle of champagne, in a club, for no special occasion? Not going to stay rich for long once daddy's money dries up.
haha you should come to paris/on french riviera (or any city with a rich community) and see how much those poeple spend.... it's insane. They spend up to 10k a night.
in saint tropez they don't even drink their champagne they use it to spray each other...

Some poeple have no sense of what money is worth. Nothing that unusual.

and yes spending money is not the same as being rich, but when you have money you surprisingly quickly lose your marks regarding your spending.
I swear is scary fast, unless you have a strong tendency to save in a first place.

it's like thinking about what you spend o buy an ipod or a tv, or even a car. Try to imagine this money could feed a whole town for 3 months in some countries. And they would look at you and think you're insane...Question of relativity.

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Which do you like as a gift? Something expensive and generic, or something that your man took time to put together and made just for you. Unfortunately, because he made it for you it doesn't cost $1000+

Think about it.
( by the way) expensive doesn't have to be generic, it's usually not actually ( atleast here in paris)... And actually i'd like anything comming from him, cause he chosed it carefully, and it's something he likes and would like me to have. I love his tastes, i love him. Usually it's a cool, unusual accessory or a very special dress.
( i wouldn't go until asking him to manufacture it lol, that's ok for kids)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
and yes spending money is not the same as being rich, but when you have money you surprisingly quickly lose your marks regarding your spending.
I swear is scary fast, unless you have a strong tendency to save in a first place.
It depends. If you worked hard to make that money, you're not going to want to spend it on stupid things. If it's from daddy or the credit card, watch how fast it goes.

( by the way) expensive doesn't have to be generic, it's usually not actually ( atleast here in paris)... And actually i'd like anything comming from him, cause he chosed it carefully, and it's something he likes and would like me to have. I love his tastes, i love him. Usually it's a cool, unusual accessory or a very special dress.
( i wouldn't go until asking him to manufacture it lol, that's ok for kids)
This is what I mean. It's not the dollar amount that's important, it's the message. A $700 bottle of champagne sends the message "I am renting you".

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
i stil ldon't get it. You will understand when you have **** load of money. Buying a girl you love something that will make her hyper happy for 6 months will be like giving her a chocolate bar.
I'm not saying it's smart or anything. But it's the most common thing in the world. you would probably do it too...I guess it's hard to resist. It's like when i get a high pay than usual, i can't help buying poeple i love stuffs ( like my mom, my best friends, my boyfriend...)
doesn't mean you don't love them genuilly, doesn't mean they are interested in you because of your money.
I guess it's ok to do that with the right girl that you know prior that she is around because she likes you.
And maybe you will realize when someone gives you expensive gifts all time time it doesn't exactly "make her hyper happy for 6 months". It's ok if you don't get it, lol. You're not a rich guy with this dilemma. Sure, buy her all she wants, but it can backfire badly in many ways. Gift losing out, the girl wishing she had more to give in the relationship, the girl feeling less valuable, etc.

If you buy a girl a half-million dollar car and she can't reciprocate, that tends to put some people under a lot of stress.

Either way unless it's a special case the formula of "Don't go doing this" should work. Oh I mean if it's a special girl and a perfect relationship it isn't wrong blablabla.. How common are these relationships, exactly?

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JustLurk said:
And maybe you will realize when someone gives you expensive gifts all time time it doesn't exactly "make her hyper happy for 6 months". It's ok if you don't get it, lol. You're not a rich guy with this dilemma. Sure, buy her all she wants, but it can backfire badly in many ways. Gift losing out, the girl wishing she had more to give in the relationship, the girl feeling less valuable, etc.

that doesn't apply if you're both in love and/or you're being smart about it. I'm not blaming you for not understanding that either^_-
when you're both in love it's almost impossible to feel less valuable because the other pay for things. Love is actually very basic, money is not variable involved.
I personally don't know any smart man that has ever felt superior to a women by having more money actually. I've seen a lot of couples in that situation and the balance was exactly the same as for any other couple with similar wealth. IT's only when love fades or turn out to be superficial that money becomes an issue...

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
that doesn't apply if you're both in love and/or you're being smart about it. I'm not blaming you for not understanding that either^_-
Imao.

But, like I said, those relationships are completely possible yet rare. You just have to watch out that you don't ruin a relationship that's getting to that point before it does by being overly generous. By all means, be generous, but maybe something less materialistic might be a good gift.

BBbardot said:
:)

Edit: You edited and posted more! Not fair...
"I personally don't know any smart man that has ever felt superior to a women by having more money actually. I've seen a lot of couples in that situation and the balance was exactly the same as for any other couple with similar wealth. IT's only when love fades or turn out to be superficial that money becomes an issue..."
In a materialistic society like this one money and greed are prevalent and corrupting factors. These corroding forces will have a negative effect on most relationships. It will find the slightest cracks in any relationships and insert itself inside.. flowing deeper and deeper inside until it reaches the core of the relationship..
In ideal terms, love defeats all and money means nothing. In real life, when people win the lottery their relatives sometimes hires a hitman.

I still hope for love, by the way. I don't give a **** if that's supposed to be an AFC thought. Apathy is not the way.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
by having more money actually. I've seen a lot of couples in that situation and the balance was exactly the same as for any other couple with similar wealth. IT's only when love fades or turn out to be superficial that money becomes an issue...
Money is always an issue, but if you really care about your partner you avoid discussing it. It's a messy topic.

Now I understand what you're saying but I don't believe that the guy "loves" his girlfriend by getting her drunk in a club... I meant to say "sausage palace". It's filled with guys looking to score a girl.

There's plenty of people in relationships who truly don't love each other but call each other boyfriend and girlfriend.

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JustLurk said:
Imao. You just keep drinking that coolade, lady.
I betcha if you keep going clubbing the man of you dreams will come rescue you and take you to disneyland, complete with chrome armor and chestnut stallion horse!

But, like I said, those relationships are completely possible yet rare. You just have to watch out that you don't ruin a relationship that's getting to that point before it does by being overly generous. By all means, be generous, but maybe something less materialistic might be a good gift.

:)
actually yes i go clubbing sometimes for fun ( not too often) and no i'm not looking for any man there. I have one. He is awesome. No more money than me.
I make no connection between money and attraction/love, honestly. I know what's money, I know what it brings, all the things you get to do with it, and I think all that is nothing compared to the feeling you're making a life with, becoming a part of someone you love.
I also know a lot of very very rich yet miserable poeple. That get themselves drunk with travels and luxury. Which is very enjoyable, but nothing that makes you really happy. I They feeling is comparable to wanking ( for a guy) but never comming, as close as you get, you never manage to cross the line.
It feels like that, having money. Def not enough.

i've been with with a very wealthy guy before. Their money had nothing to do with the fact I was with him, nothing to do with the fact i left :).

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Money is always an issue, but if you really care about your partner you avoid discussing it. It's a messy topic.

Now I understand what you're saying but I don't believe that the guy "loves" his girlfriend by getting her drunk in a club... I meant to say "sausage palace". It's filled with guys looking to score a girl.

There's plenty of people in relationships who truly don't love each other but call each other boyfriend and girlfriend.
oh you don't get your gf drunk with a magnum. with a magnum you go have a party in a club, and get a few magnum actually^^
and it's a lot of fun, well the clubs i know... I showed DJlogic already, but I'll show the kind of club i'm thinking about when i said that. browse the pictures:
http://larc-paris.com/#/fr/galeries

ah and yes, I hate poeple that are together just to not be alone, or to settle down. It's really sad. I'd never get in a relationship with someone unless i feel like it's something very special...

JUST LURK- hope for love and in the beautifull things humanity can do is the only thing that enable us to love and also do beautiful things.

when i feel i'm starting to be like " humanity is deeply evil it's in it's nature" i listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXl4y6D-QI ( listen to all of it cause it becomes different than it seems at first)

and it reminds we can also do some very beautiful things, it's also in our nature. Sometimes we go pass all the things that we should rationally do like get things we want at all price and we take time to do beautiful things, we love, we help, we build things, we compose beautiful music.

i'm in a business school so i'm told all day to think in a very dry rational way. But i have a feeling it's not what i want to do with the short time i'm going to be alive ( even though i also have the intention to make a lot of money, for entertainment:)) . I think i would like to make it meaningfull (and that doesn't mean becoming a life saver or something, but maybe just simply trying to do pretty things)... if some will think all this sound to douchie ( i read so many gross thoughts and poeple on here) , I'm pretty sure some of you will get what i mean ( i also noticed many cool sensible guys)

just lurk said: "So keep it that way. Skip the expensive gifts, all."
why would i skip expensive gifts, if my bf suddently became richer and i'm guessing he will on the medium term, i don't see any problem with that. It's nice. I don't think it's poisonious or something you should be affraid off. It's only money...You're not going to keep it with you when you die...

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
He is awesome. No more money than me.
Yes! And why not keep it that way? Bringing money into the equation muddies the waters. Expensive gifts will bring money into the equation, especially if the gift-giver is richer. This may not have a negative effect but it can very well be a negative effect and thus is not advised unless, as I said, the relationship is sound enough. And people can tend to misjudge the soundness of a relationship and f*** up a relationship still maturing by bringing money into it without it being able to handle it. It's like bringing up marriage on the first date.. How many relationships can handle that sort of thing?
BBbardot said:
I make no connection between money and attraction/love, honestly.
So keep it that way. Skip the expensive gifts, all.

Of course, this shouldn't be a rule, but I see several reasons that this is good advice for most situations.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
oh you don't get your gf drunk with a magnum. with a magnum you go have a party in a club, and get a few magnum actually^^
Haha. I'm borrowing this.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
Lets put this into context. To the audience, the poster, and the emalier...700 dollars is a lot of money. Likewise, me spending the amount I have on vacations is enough to make people in some southeast asian countries would have them saying that is a lot of money as well. That is not the point I was trying to convey on this thread.

My point was that this chick embodies the personality I look for in a women. She isn't entitled, shes relatively smart ( masters degree), pretty cute ( even without makeup), and most importantly cool. I am actually amazed that any sort argument broke out as my sole intention was to show guys that not all chicks are evil BPD *****s.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman who expects to be winded and dined, is autotoss. no questions asked. I am not saying I don't, but it has to be my idea. if a woman is "down" beucase we are only going bowling and not to Loteria Grill, bye. This is the best filter on earth. If I feel like a nice meal I'm going to have a nice meal, regardless, but I'm not going to go have a nice meal just because that's what I should do on a firs date.

What it is, guys are too afraid to take a woman on action dates, because they want to impress the women to bad to try anything other than what is "proven" (when in reality it isn't). It all comes back on guys truth be told.

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money is just an end to a mean to me. There are things that are more valuable then money. Why would you need to buy materialistic things to show someone your love? Materialistic people who don't understand that will never learn to be happy. I'm in the finance business where greed is everywhere. I don't particularly like it. I think people who are in the business just to get rich are fools. Ironically, greed is why a lot of them fail.

Still, $700 for a dinner is way overpriced. Probably marked up a 1000%. Where's the value in that. A dinner that will only make you happy for one night is not worth that kind of money. I really don't understand people who buys things that cost more then they are worth just because it's consider luxury. A lot of people today are too obsessed with being rich imo.