Some test taking help (plz read thx)

someperson1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't the most interesting post but plz, i'd appreciate some help.

This site is for picking up women i know, but im sure some of you must be academic superstars and hope can give me some help. This is really troubling me lately

Lately im a little upset. Thing is, for all my math test i only usually manage the second or third highest mark but I JUST KEEP READING QUESTIONS WRONG. And then goes two or three marks and 10-15% of the grade. BUt i look but i always knew how to do the question. ANd that's really upseting. I know im no dumber than the top guy but still, he always beats me cause i read the quesiton WRONG.

HOW do you avoid this. I've tried reading it slow----> doesn't work. Any ideas? Someone must be a math wizard here. Please offer some help.

Last edited:

someperson1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please i know this isn't the most interesting post. BUt i'd really appreciate some help thx

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my friends generally consider me a math wiz, and I also have the same problem sometimes.. If you're already trying to read them carefully and it still happens, I really dont know..

Are you really rushed? Perhaps with more practice you'd be able to do questions faster, leaving more time for reading.. and just a though, perhaps you could make pointform notes summarizing the question and what you have to do for it before beginning, to make sure you understand it.

someperson1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
well no im not rushed i usually finish early BUT STILL HAPPENS lol.

I usually finish in half the time,but still, something always happens even after a third reading.

i seriously need some help on this. My grade is 12% lower than it should be:( (100-stupid mistakes=2nd or 3rd highest mark only)

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you finish and still have half the time left AND make mistake, then you are just basically rushing it. Take your time, read the questions a couple of times.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's just a habit of assuming you know what the question asks.

I think the answer is practice to maintain the right mental agility, and reading the question 2-3 times to make sure you do get it.

When I was studying for the bar, there were several multiple choice questions that I always got wrong because, as far as I could tell, I just made a habit of getting wrong. Disecting them and making sure I knew what was asked was the answer and never assuming I knew what was asked.