Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Skills...Getting My Voice Heard in a Group

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with picking up girls, and actually has to do with social skills in general.

I have to do projects in groups for 2 of my classes. In one class, I'm having trouble getting my voice heard. It's not that I don't talk or have any problem with talking. It seems, rather, that the other group members blatantly ignore me for some reason.

I'm very active in class discussions, I'm outspoken and I participate a lot in the class...so much that today the professor politely told me to shut up so others could also have a chance to participate.

It's not that I just like to hear my own voice or I talk nonsense. Nah, I listen attentively and I respond accordingly. In discussions, participating helps me to learn better. In the our small groups (6 members total), I find it hard to even get the opportunity to say anything. There are only 2-3 group members who do most of the talking. It's actually mostly one guy who directs his talking mostly to one girl and another guy in the group.

Whenever I try to say something they cut me off and change the topic or they almost pretend like I didn't say anything? It's weird because I have no problems in my other groups or in social settings in general. In the same class, I've flirted with girls and exchanged some smiles with others. So I'm not socially awkward. In fact, I do well interacting with most everyone in the class besides my own group.

I haven't really confronted them directly about this, but I think I'm getting a little frustrated and the fact that I'm making a thread to ask for any input/advice shows that I care. I feel a bit disrespected to be honest.

I feel isolated. Moreover, at times the one guy and girl who talk the most will talk really quietly or even away from me almost as if to keep me out of things. Like wtf.

I don't have an ego, and I'm not insecure, I'm just puzzled by why this could be. I feel like I work really hard to make our group succeed (and I have proved my abilities by putting together assignments, etc.) yet they seem to have a nonchalant attitude for the class and don't really recognize me as a whole. What's even worse is when I missed one group meeting they were all upset and everything, but when other members missed meetings or have repeatedly been late they didn't as much as blink.

My question is, should I call them out on their bullsh*t? Like what's seriously up? Or is that a weak thing, and I'm over-analyzing? I feel the best idea so far is to get my points across to them via email, because that way I can be sure they will listen. But at the same time, I would rather talk face-to-face, but unfortunately that's not working. Overall, I feel like I'm treated really badly, but it may just be that I'm seeing everything from the wrong perspective?

Do you guys have any tips on how I can make myself more heard?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that they're perceiving you as an attention wh*re.

When people do things like this , it's their way of getting back at you for trying to get their attention so much.
They withhold the very thing you desire most, their attention and validation.
My feeling is that you are coming off as needing attention and wanting too desperately to be heard.
As such, they're going the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" on you , and now you're reaping the rewards of trying to hard to "stand out" and get attention/validation.

Am I right?

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
My gut feeling is that they're perceiving you as an attention wh*re.

When people do things like this , it's their way of getting back at you for trying to get their attention so much.
They withhold the very thing you desire most, their attention and validation.
My feeling is that you are coming off as needing attention and wanting too desperately to be heard.
As such, they're going the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" on you , and now you're reaping the rewards of trying to hard to "stand out" and get attention/validation.

Am I right?
You make a decent point, but what's sucks is that it's mostly their perception.

Fvck it, I'm just going to deal with it. And yeah, it could just be that they don't like my ideas, true.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a big deal if somebody misses a couple sentences, but if they don't listen to a word, your doing something wrong.

I know a guy though, that when people start having a conversation without him he will do anything to be heard, usually just scream gibberish at the top of his lungs like a retard until someone turns in his direction. Don't be that guy.