"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

So, what is going on??

LifeFirst

New Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I'm new at this site so I just want to start it off with this situation here. This person I met in College last semester really had an effect on me. I have never ever had feelings for anyone before her. I have never ever liked anyone of the opposite sex before her. So I definitely do think she's special and there's something cool about her.

Anyways...Summer came and I had to goto another country for some school-related stuff. Didn't talk to her or anyone else at all during that time. But now I'm back. I live in the same dorm as her obviously. And she E-mailed me on the first or second day of school which said she wanted to see me. So when I went to see her, she literally almost jumped out of her chair. She was so elated to see me I guess and then we talked for about an hour or two before I gotta go.

So, I realized that she became waaaay more friendly with me than before. She asked me if I had a girlfriend...(what was that about anyways??)...she said she called so many times even though my phone wasn't working. And tried to ask people about me....and she was about to go around the entire building to look for me. Ok...by then, I thought she was on crack. I have never had anyone "look" for me like this before. So what's up??? Is this the way most girls act or is she showing intersest in me??
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
12
Age
44
You know, if it was anyone else besides me replying, they'd tell you how dense you are for not seeing the interest. I can't paint you that. I was in the exact same situation that you are in about 3 years ago. Thing is, I screwed it up, and I still regret it.
Here's what you do:

Don't get chatty on the phone. Ask her out to a nice martini place or something classy like that. Talk to her, but more importantly, LISTEN to her. Get a feel for her. Be suave. Be a don juan.
Take initiative. Kiss her goodnight. Make it long, and passionate on her doorstep or whatnot.

She may want to go further. Don't wuss out. Give her the banging of a lifetime.

Always assume when you're on a date that you will have them naked and satisfied within the next 12 hours. Trust me, it never fails.
 

LifeFirst

New Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Yeah...I was just never in a situation like this before so I was left a little confused...anyways...I haven't talked or called her at all since last week...I gotta talk to her:mad:
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Are you shocked that a woman finds you desirable or is just happy to be in your company? Why don't you oblige her and take her to a fun activity. Whatever you do don't become her friend - either she sees you as a romantic partner or she doesn't see you at all!!! Comprende?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

LifeFirst

New Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
^^^ Well...it's like this. If you read my first post I explained that she is the only person I have ever had feelings for. Back day when I was in High School or Middle School I was a mess. I just didn't give a f* ck about much of anything...but now in College I changed my act and have been getting looks from females in general....but I just find it real hard to like/trust people in general. Something about her just makes me happy...makes me smile...so I've never been in a situation like this before, so it it's pretty new to me. And I don't really want to screw it up either.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Great - be a man and control your own destiny and ask her out
!!!
 
Top