Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So Most Good Looking Guys End Up Marrying Average-Looking/Not So Good Looking Women?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is quite an interesting topic folks, and I was interested in getting you all's take on this. I was in a conversation with my cousin over the topic of choosing a mate who could become a potential wife and he said to me, "You know bro, based on what I seem to say, many good looking guys end up with average women or not so-good looking women because they tend to make better wives, whereas a majority of those who are often perceived by themselves and others as being in the 'hot' category often tend to bring in a whole lot of drama and fire in the home."

That was quite an interesting perspective that I hadn't really considered. Except perhaps for the world of celebrities, etc. where two individuals with star power and a balance in terms of looks could hook up, what do you all think about how it really happens in the real world? I remember very many years ago, a lot of people tended to criticize Pauletta Pearson, Denzel Washington's wife, judging that they didn't think she was good looking enough for him. Yet he knows what it is that he finds in her, hence I don't think it's fair for people to judge others to that extent.

So my question to you guys is: what would you really prefer to do? Settle with and get married to a woman who is hot and very physically attractive even if her pride, ego and attitude are unbearable and whom you can parade around to friends and acquaintances like a trophy...or settle with an average looking woman whom you get along with better and who is more longterm relationship/marriage material?

We all normally have a preference for hot women and so do I. But as you get older and hit your thirties for instance and consider certain experiences you've had, good conduct, humility and personality equally begin to count as opposed to merely physical attractiveness. I have rarely met a so-called hot/very physicaly attractive woman who is down to earth, level headed and humble. Most of the time there's often an excessive amount of pride and drama and conflict involved.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think good looking guys know this best. They probably dated (ie F-ed) plenty of hot women and know they probably aren't the best LTR material.

It's the not so good looking guy who doesn't have that experience and wonders why the good looking guy didnt wife up the hottest female he could find.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
That pride and ego is present in pretty much all above average chicks these days. Meaning everything 6 and above. I don't really plan to "settle down" and get married regardless. But an average woman can change on you after the wedding just like a hot one. Also, a hot woman will eventually lose her looks after a certain age and having kids. So marrying for looks is a game you can't win.

Also, you have to keep in mind most women try to "marry up". If they can't marry up financially or status wise.. they will look to do so genetically (good looking men).

A woman who is a 9.5 or 10 isn't going to chase after a 10 guy who works in an office. She is going to chase Bradly Cooper. These days there are lots of 8+ women who stay single well into their 30's waiting for a man "up to her standards". I've met lots of attractive 40+ women who are big time cougars. They just can't leave behind the life of a "young hot chick" and refuse to settle down unless its with Tom Brady or a young hot guy half her age so she can feel/seem young and hot.

Everything modern women do is for their ego. Its a big d!ck measuring contest among women. Not about love or emotions at all. Its about bragging rights.

mrlocario

Banned
Reaction score
It's all about who is bringing something to the table at the end of the day. So if you are dating a bunch of different chicks and the chick who is a 6 in the looks department is a better chick overall than the chick who is a 10 in the looks department, then you are going to go with the 6 for the long term. A dude would have to be an idiot to marry a chick just because she is hot

zenaddict

Don Juan
Reaction score
good looking guys sometimes have it easier, sometimes too easy in the beginning in high school, so they get used to it, they don`t work for the poon, they don`t know what to do except to be around women

but as women start to grow up, they ditch the pretty boys for the guys that get it

which leaves the clueless pretty boys do the things they used to, which is basically nothing, they stand there like women, expecting girls to approach them and the only one`s that will do that, are the one`s who want a hot looking boyfriend to impress their girlfriends

I saw this sh!t so many times in my life

turd looking guy in highschool gets angry at pretty boys and revs up his game later on in life, while pretty boys stay the same and start getting uglier and more insecure women with time

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I thank you all for sharing your respective perspectives on this with me. I agree with what one of the respondents said...in the sense that with some women who are perceived to be in the "hot" category, they never seem to change/leave behind certain mannerisms even as they age. I've been quite amazed to come across for instance, women in their 40s who are still big-time players. They still play the same games, seem to enjoy giving the run around to certain men and exploiting and deceiving them to obtain material and other needs. A lot of these women seem to tend to be either unmarried or have a child or more but no husband.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's keep this simple:

1) You don't have to get married to 'settle down'. Get that out of your head. You can have a family and a great relationship with a woman without legal involvement.

2) Rare exceptions notwithstanding, the hotter the girl, the more issues she'll have, generally.

3) You want to be about 1-2 points above her in SMV for optimal relationship blossoming. ~7-8 girls are optimal relationship material. Above that you'll struggle unless you're a super alpha.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had a problem with this beucase it's a flawed concept; it's assuming that you HAVE to do one or the other.

yeah, if I HAVE to chose between a bat**** crazy hot woman and a very cute woman that is not bat**** crazy and is more stable I'm going to probably have fun with the hot ones and marry the stable cute girl. But there is no law saying I HAVE to do either. **** I can stay single utnil I get what the **** I want. I'd rather be single than to marry a woman who I don't consider hot. Which is what I did and its why I'm married now. I got what I wanted. a very hot very stable woman.

It's funny beucase the girl I was, well one of the plates I was spinning was "that girl" the cute but not super hot girl but was really sweet and worshiped the ground I walked on. no real baggage, no real issues, and i liked her but i treid to talk myself into taking her seriously. and i almost did. until I met my wife. and i'm glad i didn't.

channingtatum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but I'm considered an "9+" guy. I have beautiful women and men tell me this. Getting women's attention is usually very easy for me. The reality is, hot girls make ****ing awful gfs. It doesn't matter if you're a guy who is a 5 or a 10, a stupid ***** is a stupid *****. The best gfs I have had were 6,7,8's. Men don't take their looks to heart as much as women, so I believe a really good looking guy (who isn't a total douchebag) won't be as ****ed up as a 9+ girl. I only try to **** 9+ girls. Many good looking girls also do not want a guy who is on her level or better in the looks department because she KNOWS he will continue to get more attractive as he ages (men peak mid 30's -40), while women go downhill from there. I've had some hot ass women after we break up admit this.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank2500 said:
"You know bro, based on what I seem to say, many good looking guys end up with average women or not so-good looking women because they tend to make better wives,
There's a lot of presuppositions in this statement which I believe are far from being true.

1) It's assumed that good looking guys have a huge range of "choice" with women. Regardless of what people think, most guys, good looking or not, usually end up with whatever they can get.

2) It assumes that women are sitting there passively waiting to be "chosen" like apples in the supermarket. The hotter the girl, the more competition. You could just as well say that most guys "settle" for not so hot girls because there's a lot less competition.

3) It assumes that physical attraction is the most important thing for women. While it's important, it's not likely in the top 3 reasons a guy can consistently pull azz, at least with girls that aren't brain dead.

So my question to you guys is: what would you really prefer to do? Settle with and get married to a woman who is hot and very physically attractive even if her pride, ego and attitude are unbearable...

...But as you get older and hit your thirties for instance and consider certain experiences you've had, good conduct, humility and personality equally begin to count as opposed to merely physical attractiveness.
This is the heart of what's called the "human condition," and it's the reason why economics is called the "dismal science." We all have unlimited wants, but there are limited resources.

This is just as true with electronics and cars as it is with women.

When you choose one, you necessarily can't choose the other.

What to do?

The younger you are, the more desperate you are for sex, any sex. The older you get, and the more skills you get, the hotter chicks you can pull. If you continue on, you'll quickly learn that most hot chicks are useless after you get sex out of the way.

Then there's the hope of that one "perfect" woman that's hot, a slvt in bed, but a genuine sweetheart all the rest of the time.

Naturally, this doesn't exist. So what do you do? As soon as you choose "one," all the rest of them are forever off-limits.

But the longer you go without choosing "one" the greater your chances of dying alone and miserable (at least in the deepest fears in your mind).

I find that as I get older, I'm still very attracted and enjoy young women, but I also appreciate the personality, stability and kindness of the "not so hot."

I also find that a "not so hot" that's more than eager to please is much more enjoyable in the sack that a "super hottie" who knows in the back of her mind that she's got plenty of options, so she's just this close to being bored.

So it's altogether possible that those "good looking guys" who have chosen those "not so hot" girls chose them primarily for their eagerness in the sack.

Unintentional sex-hypnosis can be very, very powerful.

There's also an unexpected discovery as one gets older:

While it's true that plenty of older women have learned to appreciate sex when they can get it, (as per Ben Franklin in "Fart Proudly"), there's plenty older women who are PI$$SED that they didn't get theirs, and they're for revenge.

Personally, I still don't feel any pressing need to choose "one" just yet.

I've still plenty of playing left.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FWIW, I only have one friend who can be considered super good looking (think James Dean with slightly less bad boy vibe). The photo collection of his past girls is something to behold. However, his current LTR of 3-4 years is someone I wouldn't look too long at. Nice body, nice demeanor, but not very pretty and kinda old-ish looking. i.e average girl if it weren't for the obesity epidemic. I'm not entirely sure why he's with her, but again I haven't banged as many hot girls as he has, nor get the kind of attention from them on a regular basis, and most likely never will, so I can't comprehend his point of view.

So my question to you guys is: what would you really prefer to do? Settle with and get married to a woman who is hot and very physically attractive even if her pride, ego and attitude are unbearable and whom you can parade around to friends and acquaintances like a trophy...or settle with an average looking woman whom you get along with better and who is more longterm relationship/marriage material?
What I would prefer, if I had the options, is to do what my ancestors used to do: marry one who's good wife and mother materials (average looking is fine), and have the hotter mistresses on the side.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

It's true...I've always been amazed about this. I remember in my college years when I was in my mid twenties, an elderly male said to me, "with men, the older you get, the younger you look." Back then I thought he was just talking. Today, many people tell me I haven't changed much facially from my early and mid twenties and many are shocked when I tell them I'm almost 35. Perhaps the fact that I work out and do sports quite often and seldom drink alcohol could also be a reason. Meanwhile when I look at a lot of my former female classmates and schoolmates from high school days etc., it's like they are so much more older than I am and a lot of them are overweight and look out of shape, and so on.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I've always had a problem with this beucase it's a flawed concept; it's assuming that you HAVE to do one or the other.

yeah, if I HAVE to chose between a bat**** crazy hot woman and a very cute woman that is not bat**** crazy and is more stable I'm going to probably have fun with the hot ones and marry the stable cute girl. But there is no law saying I HAVE to do either. **** I can stay single utnil I get what the **** I want. I'd rather be single than to marry a woman who I don't consider hot. Which is what I did and its why I'm married now. I got what I wanted. a very hot very stable woman.

It's funny beucase the girl I was, well one of the plates I was spinning was "that girl" the cute but not super hot girl but was really sweet and worshiped the ground I walked on. no real baggage, no real issues, and i liked her but i treid to talk myself into taking her seriously. and i almost did. until I met my wife. and i'm glad i didn't.
It's actually quite nice to see this because I've always felt the same. Although I believe they're extremely difficult to come by..

Out of interest, how many women have you come across that would fall in a similar class as your wife? ie. attractive and mentally stable

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
muscleman said:
Let's keep this simple:

1) You don't have to get married to 'settle down'. Get that out of your head. You can have a family and a great relationship with a woman without legal involvement.
Just because you haven't officially tied the knot, doesn't mean there is no "legal involvement".

RainbowRockstar

Reaction score
Where as I understand every point made in this statement and every comment following, there are certain factors that are being super left out.

I am one of those "hot chicks"... when my husband and I met, he loved that about me. I am now 30 and have 4 daughters and look better than I did in my 20's. I was once an extremely UNhot chick..... and now that I have put in so much effort to get my body where I want it to be, I love myself more than ever..... but he seems less enthused than ever.... even TRYING to cheat on me with my 2/3 (10 scale) friends....

A lot of issues that guys face when dating or married to a hot chick, are their own. He is an average guy. Doesn't stand out in a crowd to anyone else, but me. When we go out together (bars, club, concerts, etc.) no one believes we're married bc I'm so much higher on that scale than he is... but I haven't always been... and out of all of the guys who fling themselves and presents and money and whatever else in my direction..... I picked him. I have no idea how THAT gave him self-esteem issues.

On the opposite side of that argument... I have this one friend who is a total 2 and thinks she is a 10 and constantly seeks the approval of the rest of the world..... THOSE are the kinds of girls to watch out for.

I feel bad for guys either way. We're all insane. My advice? Don't get married. Its a sham anyway.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in this boat. I'm a fairly attractive, tall, well built Asian guy. I have gotten alot of attention from beautiful Asian women. I go after the really hot Asian girls now and again. Sometimes i'm successful, sometimes i'm not. Sometimes they come to me but the reason why i'm more attracted to average or slightly above average looking girls is character.

Many of the hot girls rely solely on their looks to get by in life. They would bat their eyes at me, flick their hair, walk by many times and giggle in my direction. I find that type of behavior repulsive mainly because that's basically clearly saying you have nothing to offer besides your looks. The intelligent, focused, and classy girl is the one that grabs my attention. She'll perhaps smile at you and continue with her walk. She'll be attracted to you but has enough self control to contain her emotions. Girls that focus less on their looks also have to find ways to compensate and compete. Their generally more down to earth and grounded and easier to have conversations with. I honestly don't enjoy talking to bimbos. It's a major turnoff.

I find those girls WAY more attractive than a gorgeous face and sexy body. Granted there are times when you just want to nail a piece of fine @$$ but that's more male testosterone trying to cloud your temporary judgement.

If you're trying to get someones attention, don't do what they obviously are expecting. If you're a good looking guy/girl, don't flaunt your looks around because it's expected. I remember some nerdy kid had dropped all his books on the floor and this cute girl stopped, put her books down, and helped the kid. Meanwhile all the gossipy girls were standing there laughing. I took an this one girl out who thought she was hot sh1t. She flirted with me and i decided to take her to lunch one day. She expected me to pay and i did. there was nothing that stood out about her and i never called her again. On the other hand, i took this other girl out, average looking and very humble, she blew me off 3-4 times but i finally got dinner with her, when the check came, she gave her card to the waiter and told him she was paying for it. When i tried to argue with the waiter, she told him that it was my birthday. The waiter then yelled at me saying i could not pay. That girl became my girlfriend.

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
That pride and ego is present in pretty much all above average chicks these days. Meaning everything 6 and above. I don't really plan to "settle down" and get married regardless. But an average woman can change on you after the wedding just like a hot one. Also, a hot woman will eventually lose her looks after a certain age and having kids. So marrying for looks is a game you can't win.

Also, you have to keep in mind most women try to "marry up". If they can't marry up financially or status wise.. they will look to do so genetically (good looking men).

A woman who is a 9.5 or 10 isn't going to chase after a 10 guy who works in an office. She is going to chase Bradly Cooper. These days there are lots of 8+ women who stay single well into their 30's waiting for a man "up to her standards". I've met lots of attractive 40+ women who are big time cougars. They just can't leave behind the life of a "young hot chick" and refuse to settle down unless its with Tom Brady or a young hot guy half her age so she can feel/seem young and hot.

Everything modern women do is for their ego. Its a big d!ck measuring contest among women. Not about love or emotions at all. Its about bragging rights.
They won't let me rep you but I agree 10000000000000%

It's not about love, its about keeping up with the Kardashians.