Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I #closed her while I was naked.

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured that topic name would get your attention. Now that you're here., I would like to challenge the old sosuave mantra that the best approach starts with “hi”. While there is nothing wrong with that I believe that the more unique and off-beat you are the greater chances of success. Women get hit on a lot, most people that try are either stuttering messes or just plain uninteresting with little in between.

I have been looking around the boards and found very interesting openers that claim good results. There are examples of the ice breaker note, applications for dating, even a song.

What do you guys thing the best thing is? Just a Hi or something creative? I’ve got my money on creative.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it doesn't matter really what the fcuk you say..\
your friendly and enthusiatstic and funny tone of voice and your beaming smile is the most important ..
---> hence work on personality ..
that will help you through the whole seduction process

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use "hi" pretty often, but I also like to change things around from time to time and use other openers. Some of the ones I like to use are:

1.) The "you look familiar..." approach. It's a good opener because it allows you to ask her questions and build rapport while you try to "figure out where you know her from".

2.) The comment approach. Find something interesting they're wearing or carrying and comment on it. If she has a tattoo, ask her about it. Where she got it, what made her get it, what it means to her, etc. If she's carrying a book, ask her about it, find out whether or not she's reading it for class or fun, find out if she goes to school, what she takes, etc.

3.) The "so, how was your day" approach. Pretty self explanatory.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, here's what i've READ. None of this I've tested extensively but here's what most people say.

1.) "Don't I know you from somewhere" - basically this is done to death and it is a more subtle overt (?) opener because there could be truth about it. A lot of average people do this one, so it has lost its originality

2.) "How are you doing/How's your day" - Probably a more blatant openers, but if it is done friendly it can come off as you actually wanna know

3.) Opinion opener (What do you think about....) - This one TD is always talking about, it brings her into your reality, which he claims to be the foundation of all pick-ups. You don't come off as some guy out for some leg most of the time, and it is disarming

4.) "Hi" - It doesn't have staying power because it is one of those sayings that people respond generically to and continue about their business, so follow up with something else.

5.) Joke or funny insight - This is very disarming, shows you aren't intimidated by women, shows personality and brings her into your reality. I like this one the best, but you don't wanna to come off as corny. The best ones are the ones you think up on the spot, not the canned stuff.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes ill just start with a neghit

Walk up with a smile "Hey do u know who you remind me of????"

her - "uhh who?!"

Me - "ever see the movie shrek? Lol"

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is probably the best article to initiating the conversation that I've seen... it's tried tested and true.

I like to believe in the KISS principle (keep it simple, stupid). And, this is as simple as it gets.

And for those that prefer a little creativity, consider this, we all agree that (hot) women get hit on by the masses, and these masses are all looking for the creative way to get the girls number... so all the 'creative' macking techniques end up being very similar to the point that the simple technique is actually what ends up being the 'creative' and original opener that everyone is hoping for.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on the situation and girl folks. no "one way" magic greeting.

ak5

Don Juan
Reaction score
use "hey" instead of hi, yo, hello
hey makes it seem as if your long lost buddies and its not very informal, thats all i remember from reading Thundercats Art of Approaching